Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Anyone knows how long it takes to get a number plate here in thailand? At least red one temporary one. Dont feel like leaving bike anywhere withought a number plate. Also anyone considers buying any safety anti-theft things for the bike or installing alarm?

Never seen a red plate for bikes?

How long depends on where.

Here in Chiangmai we bought a new Wave in June still no plates.

You do get the reg quick though & it has all the info on it. as well as green book

Just no plate.

Not a problem & actually could be a benefit wink.png

No traffic cam violations smile.png

Anti theft? We buy theft insurance for the 1st year

Thank you, yes as long as there is at least red one. I live in Chiang Rai, so hopefully it will be faster or Phayao where my wife lives. This will be my first proper bike purchase, Iam defo going to get insurance. Not sure what are the prices for those yet. My wifes brother bought a bike about a month ago but doesnt have any plate waiting for 2013 as it seems you can sell cars and bikes as 2013 models a higher price if you register it in 2013. As for me I rather be safe than sorry if someone nicks it without any plate at all.

Also seen some people fitting proper alarms on bikes. . .

That's weird because when I purchased my bike in may if 2011 the green book says the year is 2010.

Has anyone else had this issue?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? That's impressive, don't remember when I looked at it but it was sometime within the last month and there were some basic things missing... like walls... true they could open when it's not 100% ready yet.

You know I think they are going to make it.

Was there this morning about 10:30

Cameras set up

Tables being set up outside

Inside looked like they were serving coffee etc.

Outside looked like some new 500's under cover as I could

see at least one or two were twins

Inside CBR1000rr near window.

Will go back later today & have a look.

Impressive quick construction

• Like 1

Anyone knows how long it takes to get a number plate here in thailand? At least red one temporary one. Dont feel like leaving bike anywhere withought a number plate. Also anyone considers buying any safety anti-theft things for the bike or installing alarm?

Cbr500 has 'hiss' system means to start the engine, you need specific set of keys given to you only.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/news/motorcycles/20070308.html

Today is the release date of the cb500 right?

don't get your hopes up rolleyes.gif

What's wrong has there been some kind of delay?

Just like you, I am waiting for the release, but we don't hear anything from anyone.

The first batch of Rs have already been released, but still no update on the Fs.

Really? That's impressive, don't remember when I looked at it but it was sometime within the last month and there were some basic things missing... like walls... true they could open when it's not 100% ready yet.

You know I think they are going to make it.

Was there this morning about 10:30

Cameras set up

Tables being set up outside

Inside looked like they were serving coffee etc.

Outside looked like some new 500's under cover as I could

see at least one or two were twins

Inside CBR1000rr near window.

Will go back later today & have a look.

I went to check at 12:30. They are scrambling to get ready for a 4:00pm opening today. Unfortunately I can't make it then. The listed opening hours are as follows:

Monday-Saturday 8:00-17:00

Sunday 15:00-22:00

I probably won't have a chance to go til Christmas morning, which could be a very appropriate time for a visit.

• Like 1

I went to check at 12:30. They are scrambling to get ready for a 4:00pm opening today. Unfortunately I can't make it then. The listed opening hours are as follows:

Monday-Saturday 8:00-17:00

Sunday 15:00-22:00

I probably won't have a chance to go til Christmas morning, which could be a very appropriate time for a visit.

Yes just went past again & talked to one of the Honda guys as you said 4pm

He said please come & enjoy :)

Looks like a stack of Chang out front & other things.

That mist system they have out front is cool...Literally

I mean when I stopped the scooter out front to talk

with him It was very cool air. Amazing as this is outside.

May try to go by as I would like to see the 500 in person

Depends on crowd size.

All the bikes were still covered at 2;30

Went back & yes they made it.

Very nice facility quite amazing actually how fast they did all of that.

Had a beautiful showroom with loft/upstairs area

Large work shop

Dyno Room

As well as another section out back where I guess they sell the 250 & smaller bikes?

Impressive place

Here are a few pics, Sorry not great quality just phone pics

Out front

My favorite Model...& I don't mean the Bike wink.png

Workshop

Dyno

Small Bike Sales

Another 500

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

To think that only 5 years ago at the end of 2007 the largest bike officially sold in Thailand was the Phantom 200.

Then came the 2008 N250, and here we are with regional Big Wings around Thailand selling 250, 500... up to 1400 (goldwing?) officially through dealers.

Thai made 250's, 500's and 650's without import tax. Great stuff! :)

• Like 2

That's a huge workshop in comparison to Real Motorsport (Kawasaki Ramkhemheang)

What a fantastic set up Honda have there, i just hope the mechanics are as savvy as the contractors that built the place.

When these Big Wings get going in Phuket, Pattaya and Udon as well as Chiang Mai and BKK, and their national advertising and marketing campaigns go into full swing, it's Kawasaki Thailand on the ropes with a bloody nose and urine stained shorts. biggrin.png

Edited by cbrer
  • Like 1

^

me thinks kawa need to bring the zx636 to catch up now...,,

Sorry but the Kawasaki ER6 / Ninja 650 is more than a match for the new Honda 500's, but it does cost more.......

And the Ninja 250 is in my opinion a better bike than the CBR250, but it does cost more......

The ZX6R would be a fantastic bike and I would love to own one again (i had a 2005 c1h ZX636R fully modded) back in the UK, but here in Thailand it would be in a completely different class of bikes, no way comparable to these two pot 500's and 650's that are now common place in Thailand.

As soon as a 636 becomes available it's goodbye to my 2012 Ninja 650 and hellooooooooooooooooo baby!!!! :)

or if Honda comes out with a CBR600RR at a fair price then I will jump aboard the Honda wagon for the first time.

Edited by karlos
  • Like 1

That's a huge workshop in comparison to Real Motorsport (Kawasaki Ramkhemheang)

What a fantastic set up Honda have there, i just hope the mechanics are as savvy as the contractors that built the place. smile.png

You know that Dyno room was way cool

Pretty sound proof too

What are the chances you can bring other brands in to get dyno'ed?

That would be great

• Like 1

^

me thinks kawa need to bring the zx636 to catch up now...,,

Sorry but the Kawasaki ER6 / Ninja 650 is more than a match for the new Honda 500's, but it does cost more.......

And the Ninja 250 is in my opinion a better bike than the CBR250, but it does cost more......

The ZX6R would be a fantastic bike and I would love to own one again (i had a 2005 c1h ZX636R fully modded) back in the UK, but here in Thailand it would be in a completely different class of bikes, no way comparable to these two pot 500's and 650's that are now common place in Thailand.

As soon as a 636 becomes available it's goodbye to my 2012 Ninja 650 and hellooooooooooooooooo baby!!!! smile.png

or if Honda comes out with a CBR600RR at a fair price then I will jump aboard the Honda wagon for the first time.

heheheh they had a cbr1000rr setting in the back waiting to go on the show room also a NS700 full bags on the show room floor do not know the price as it was under wraps waiting for uncover.

LL did you get your bike yet?

I thought we would hear a ride report by now?

I do remember you said you had a trip coming though

Mania, i am dying for a ride with mt new machine:D

But i will be back in Thailand on 10th of January unfortunately. I will arrive in the morning and take a taxi directly to bigwing. Cannot wait:D

My bike is waiting for me at honda big wing now but cannot reach it:( feel like a trapped animal now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

But i will be back in Thailand on 10th of January unfortunately.

I will arrive in the morning and take a taxi directly to bigwing. Cannot wait:D

My bike is waiting for me at honda big wing now but cannot reach it:( feel like a trapped animal now.

Cool looking forward to hearing your ride report

I am a bit surprised that googling it I have not seen any ride impressions yet

from anyone else either.

Was Thailand the first in the world to receive/release these bikes?

LL did you get your bike yet?I thought we would hear a ride report by now?I do remember you said you had a trip coming though
Mania, i am dying for a ride with mt new machine:DBut i will be back in Thailand on 10th of January unfortunately. I will arrive in the morning and take a taxi directly to bigwing. Cannot wait:DMy bike is waiting for me at honda big wing now but cannot reach it:( feel like a trapped animal now.Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App
Send me a power of attorney and I will pick it up for you and give it a test ride and report back. heheheeh. I asked at the Big Wing Opening in Chiang Mai about the X model and they said February Edited by moe666

LL

If I were to go and order one now, is there a queue for CBR 500r? Is it in high demand?. I know on some cars there is like Ford Ranger is 5 months queue to get one so I really wanted to know if I have to wait long or not.

Hire a Mercedes S class for a day and send a Thai friend wearing Ray Ban aviator shades to Big Wing. He won't have to wait for delivery. They might even give him loserlaser's bike ;)
  • Like 1

I was swaying between CBR 500R and CB500F, well think will go with CBR. Can anyone give estimates how much does it cost to register bike and get red plate? Also how much is the insurance for the first year? I just want to make sure I wont be caught with my pants down when it comes to pay for everything.

Also color wise for CBR my favorite is BLACK but in Thailand with so much heat and sun it will be not good at all. I think I will go with RED, that's my second most favorite color. Never considered white one but those stripes (red and blue) really makes it look good. Too bad dirt will be very visible on the white one.

What do you think?