Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

At least these new 500's don't get stung too bad.

In relation, the 25-30k the Kawa 650's are supposedly hit with would definitely be noticed!

Yes the ninja will be over 300k with insurance if those figures are true.

The Versys up to just under 320k from one picture of a pricelist on here.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So now a good 100 k difference between cbr500 and 650f and 70 k between 650n and ninja 250 will be much more closer to cbr500 maybe 10 k closer.

Buying a cbr500 is super reasonable than before in Thailand!

Bad days are waiting kawa and good luck for the riders bought their bikes before the increase.

I am sure honda was aware of this situation and made their bike less than 500cc:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

The government press release had the tax rise coming into effect on 19th December 2012.

It is funny I put a deposit on a N250 on 12/18/12

Not that 8k...$240 is a big deterrent but still.

Will be interesting to see if they try to stick me for it since delivery is after

the deadline.

Although my deposit receipt clearly states the total as 158,500

hmm smile.png

Edited by mania

Pcx 150 1k up

whistling.gif The PCX was way too cheap for such great scooter... wink.png

CBR150 rules! Hondas new 500cc bikes are getting too expensive in LOS. Such bike "Made in Thailand" should be cheaper in Thailand. Hope the first reports written by the proud owners will fit to the price. There was a time i was hoping we would get a Honda 500cc for not much more than 150k. But bike business in Thailand is greedy. And i am a dreamer it seems laugh.png

• Like 1

ninja 250 will be much more closer to cbr500 maybe 10 k closer.

Both will suffer the same tax increase as they're both in the same bracket (150-500cc)

If both have the same policy of that that tax being passed onto the customer then the price different will be larger, not smaller.

How you work out that the N250 is to jump 16k baht I'm not sure. huh.png

Edited by cbrer

Pcx 150 1k up

whistling.gif The PCX was way too cheap for such great scooter... wink.png

CBR150 rules! Hondas new 500cc bikes are getting too expensive in LOS. Such bike "Made in Thailand" should be cheaper in Thailand. Hope the first reports written by the proud owners will fit to the price. There was a time i was hoping we would get a Honda 500cc for not much more than 150k. But bike business in Thailand is greedy. And i am a dreamer it seems laugh.png

Well, the competitors are at 160 and 270K baht. Whereas in the States they are $4500 (135K THB...but that's the carb'd version) and $8100 (243K THB). My understanding is both the Kawi bikes are made in LOS also. While still a markup, at some 25K THB over the retail price (not out the door cost!) it's not as bad as the competitor is doing.

CBR150 rules! Hondas new 500cc bikes are getting too expensive in LOS. Such bike "Made in Thailand" should be cheaper in Thailand. Hope the first reports written by the proud owners will fit to the price. There was a time i was hoping we would get a Honda 500cc for not much more than 150k. But bike business in Thailand is greedy. And i am a dreamer it seems

Yup, you'll have to go to America for that... What's the CBR500 there, 180k baht?

A low cost, budget bike where it's sold as such. Thailand's price was questionable at the beginning, now it's a bit of a joke.

Anyway, back to the CBR500.

Are there no videos of Thai boys topping it out along Viphawadee at 3am with 60psi in their tyres yet?

Surely some local guy has put up some vids of him redlining it while cold somewhere.

• Like 1

CBR150 rules! Hondas new 500cc bikes are getting too expensive in LOS. Such bike "Made in Thailand" should be cheaper in Thailand. Hope the first reports written by the proud owners will fit to the price. There was a time i was hoping we would get a Honda 500cc for not much more than 150k. But bike business in Thailand is greedy. And i am a dreamer it seems

Yup, you'll have to go to America for that... What's the CBR500 there, 180k baht?

A low cost, budget bike where it's sold as such. Thailand's price was questionable at the beginning, now it's a bit of a joke.

A bit of a joke?

All the low cost, budget bikes (CBR 150, CBR 250, Ninja 250, CB*500, ER-6*) are separated fairly well in pricing re their performance. The gap between the two midget CBRs could be used as a baseline. HP wise, there's some 6 HP between them. For that 'upgrade' you're paying some 30K THB.or 5000 THB/HP. Going from the CBR 250 to the Ninja 250 you're paying some 27K THB/HP (10,5K THB/HP coming from the CBR 150). From the Ninja 250 to the CBR 500 you're paying some 3,3K THB/HP (and 5,3 THB/HP from the CBR 250). From the CBR 500 to the ER-6* you're paying some 3,2K THB/HP.

Seems to be fairly well situated...

No, it's a bit of a joke that it's 183k baht after being shipped half way around the World to America, and it is now 214k baht here in Thailand where it is made.

31,000thb/US$1000 more.

So yes, it is a bit of a joke.

Edited by cbrer
  • Like 1

A bit of a joke?

All the low cost, budget bikes (CBR 150, CBR 250, Ninja 250, CB*500, ER-6*) are separated fairly well in pricing re their performance. The gap between the two midget CBRs could be used as a baseline. HP wise, there's some 6 HP between them. For that 'upgrade' you're paying some 30K THB.or 5000 THB/HP. Going from the CBR 250 to the Ninja 250 you're paying some 27K THB/HP (10,5K THB/HP coming from the CBR 150). From the Ninja 250 to the CBR 500 you're paying some 3,3K THB/HP (and 5,3 THB/HP from the CBR 250). From the CBR 500 to the ER-6* you're paying some 3,2K THB/HP.

Seems to be fairly well situated...

As always an interesting statistic.

Maybe all is well situated, but not fair, cause all bikes in LOS are too expensive. We are talking about "Made in Thailand - Sold in Thailand". This should be reflected in the price imo.

And for me its not the hp/baht value thats important, its the fun/baht value smile.png

• Like 1

No, it's a bit of a joke that it's 183k baht after being shipped half way around the World to America, and it is now 214k baht here in Thailand where it is made.

31,000thb/US$1000 more.

Keeps going up doesn't it?

Latest confirmed price per this thread is 210K. But once again, if you want US prices (and taxes and ...) it's not that hard to live there. Oh, and considering the prices charged in Europe, it's probably going to be much cheaper in LOS than there...just like the other bikes in the same range.

In America it's 6k US dollars for the non abs version and 6.5k US dollars for the abs model. But that doesn't include tax, insurance, and registration.

And who is to say they are not going to produce the bike in America as well. I think they might be producing it in Europe as well. I think Thailand will be producing the bike for Thailand and Maybe other countries in Asia.

Edited by blackpanda

31,000thb/US$1000 more.

But you cannot really use US prices. Every thing is cheaper in the States. Also those US prices you are quoting. Are they on the road prices. My understanding is that can add at least $500 to the price.

sent from my Q6

31,000thb/US$1000 more.

But you cannot really use US prices. Every thing is cheaper in the States. Also those US prices you are quoting. Are they on the road prices. My understanding is that can add at least $500 to the price.

sent from my Q6

True about the pricing, manufacturers will charge whatever they think a particular market will stand. Thailand is a small market for big bikes and the manufacturers know their target group.

You can compare locally made Thai bike to US bike. The CBR 250 for example is cheaper here in Thailand. CRF 250 I'm not sure.

And now the CBR 500 will be cheaper If you count the on the road price. I think you will be looking at about 1k US dollar to get the bike on the road in America. Making the price of the US model more expensive.

Edited by blackpanda

So the first batch of CBR500's has been released, but where are they?

I am out and about on the road in Bangkok every day and I haven't spotted one.

The only thing I see is more ER-6's than before.

I have been watching the Internet expecting to see some magazines test it

& also you tube to hear some real world riders impressions.

But as yet nothing.

Surprising as usually by the time a bike officially hits

the road there are some tests allowed to magazines etc. But quiet this time.

Like you but up here in Chiangmai I have seen new Ninjas out on the road

including a few 2013 250's now

I am not a buyer but like to read impressions of new bikes by riders/magazines.

I guess they will be along shortly

For now I just want one. Anyone knows if it takes long to get a bike after you pay 30k first deposit?

Also is there any other alternatives to CBR500 in the same price range? Or is it the best option for this price?

p.s I live in Chiang Rai and constantly see Ninja 300 parked next to a shop here.

For now I just want one. Anyone knows if it takes long to get a bike after you pay 30k first deposit?

Also is there any other alternatives to CBR500 in the same price range? Or is it the best option for this price?

p.s I live in Chiang Rai and constantly see Ninja 300 parked next to a shop here.

30,000 deposit is crazy. Kawasaki only requires 10k on their most expensive bike.