800.-Baht Surcharge For Bringing A Guest In Deevana Hotel?

moskito

Your friend brought a girl back to the hotel room every day and stayed the night, so, I gather she was a hooker. Most hookers in Patong look like hookers.

Hardly a fair comparison to bringing genuine friends back to the your hotel room where they do not stay the night, eh?

By saying that setting up a hotel in Patong, then there shouldn't be a fee because they know what type of customer they're getting is an insult to family guests.

Put it another way. If the hotel charged extra in Bang Tao, would you be OK with that?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The OP fails to understand that the sole purpose of the businesses in Patong (and most other tourist destinations) is to make money, in a largely unregulated environment it's not too difficult to make up the rules as they go along - I almost like it, Thailand does punish the dim and the slow.

IF the sole purpose is MAKING MONEY ...they should find other solutions as to pi55 their customers off. I know that my friend is not one of the guys which is just shutting up and paying, even if he have enough money paying this extra FINE or whatever you want to call it..... He came here to have some fun and he dont want to stay in a brothel or a motel....dont know what so hard to understand here.....

The OP fails to understand that the sole purpose of the businesses in Patong (and most other tourist destinations) is to make money, in a largely unregulated environment it's not too difficult to make up the rules as they go along - I almost like it, Thailand does punish the dim and the slow.

IF the sole purpose is MAKING MONEY ...they should find other solutions as to pi55 their customers off. I know that my friend is not one of the guys which is just shutting up and paying, even if he have enough money paying this extra FINE or whatever you want to call it..... He came here to have some fun and he dont want to stay in a brothel or a motel....dont know what so hard to understand here.....

When the foriegn guest registered he did so as a single person, Police and Immmigration laws require all residents of a hotel to be registered, sign up and pay or don't stay, it's as simple as that.

Anyway, lovelomsak seems to be the only one here to understand what i am talking about... What does it concern the Deevana HOTEL what I do in my room, as long as I do not open Fires there or having noisy parties or something else forbidden or dangerous to the public going on?

I, I, I, I, I. I though it was a “friend” of yours.

If you wanted someone to agree with you, why bother asking for opinions?

Imaginary friend?

IF somebody wants to open a "decent" hotel eventually upperclass...why bother to do it in Patong, where everybody knows BEFORE what kind of business is going on there`?

Pay a visit to Patong hotels. You'll see many, many families and couples.

Since when did Thailand ever follow what the rest of the world does? Irrelevant question IMO. It is what it is and bitching about it here will achieve what exactly?

Good forums are about learning so sit back and read maybe you will learn something about Thailand you donot already know. I personnally am willing to learn things so tell me where else you have seen this practiced? If it is only in Phuket Thailand then it isnot bitching it is discussing. Something unique to one tourist destination, is somehthng the world might want to know about do you not think so?

Since when did Thailand ever follow what the rest of the world does? Irrelevant question IMO. It is what it is and bitching about it here will achieve what exactly?

Good forums are about learning so sit back and read maybe you will learn something about Thailand you do not already know.

I doubt it and certainly not on this thread.

Good forums are about learning so sit back and read maybe you will learn something about Thailand you donot already know. I personnally am willing to learn things so tell me where else you have seen this practiced? If it is only in Phuket Thailand then it isnot bitching it is discussing. Something unique to one tourist destination, is somehthng the world might want to know about do you not think so?

No, not only Phuket, Thailand. Or wait, 'so sit back and read maybe you will learn something'. No need to read any further than this thread and you'll have learned something new.

Held our annual meeting at the Holiday Inn a few years back. A guard at the lift was stationed in the evening to stop any guests from bringing anyone up to their room. Understandable.

I bet he would accept less than 800 baht. wink.png

• Like 2

Held our annual meeting at the Holiday Inn a few years back. A guard at the lift was stationed in the evening to stop any guests from bringing anyone up to their room. Understandable.

For 800bht he would probably provide the girl.

Good one laugh.png

Has any members considered that none of this would have happened, if the OP's friend "picked-up" a farang girl, who was here on holiday, and took her back to his room? Yet, the farang girl would have been an "extra person" as well. What about if he took home one of the Russian hooker here? Probably no charge.

How does reception staff know the Thai women is a prostitue???? Sure, we all know she is, but how can they prove it???? Prostitution is illegal here. The way everyone gets around it is police can not prove what happens in the privacy of a hotel room, between two consenting adults. Maybe the Thai girl in question is here on Phuket for a holiday and was feeling a little amorous. smile.pngsmile.png

It's not up to reception staff - probably minimum wage staff from Issan as well, to judge the character, or occuptaion, of a girl that a customer wants to take to his room.

To the OP, basically, your friend fell victim to yet another Phuket rip off. There are hundreds of hotels and guesthouses that are what are known as "guest friendly." Your friend should have checked first the policy of the hotel. Having said that, I wouldn't put it past some hotels to say they are "guest friendly" only to have their night staff try to rip you off for a "joiner fee."

I would hope in the future that tourist do not have to "pay as you go" for each night of accommodation to avoid being ripped off because they have a guest staying the night. Just like you have to do in a bar. That would mean you just check-out the next day and go to a hotel that will not rip you off for having a guest.

As for members stating where else in the world would a hotel let in an extra person, well, I've stayed in many hotels in major cities, around the world. Sometimes I have got lucky and "picked-up" whilst out clubing. The girls are dressed in sexy gear. I've never had a problem with reception bringing them into my room.

My understanding is some hotels are "per person" and some hotels are "per night" for the room. Obviously, "per person" - you have to pay for two people, but, "per night" with a double, queen or king size bed means two people staying in the room, in any language/country.

The OP's friend is yet another happy tourist to Phuket. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

It's not up to reception staff - probably minimum wage staff from Issan as well, to judge the character, or occuptaion, of a girl that a customer wants to take to his room.

Perhaps they were judging his character?

All locals and most longer term residents seem to know what hookers/bar girls here look like, tourists seem not to, must be an acquired learning thing - maybe that's why so many tourist customer feel unabashed at doing the walk of shame next morning, wondering why everyone is looking at them, funny.

• Like 2

All locals and most longer term residents seem to know what hookers/bar girls here look like, tourists seem not to, must be an acquired learning thing - maybe that's why so many tourist customer feel unabashed at doing the walk of shame next morning, wondering why everyone is looking at them, funny.

Aren't buffet breakfasts great......all the bleary eyed, unshaven..............plus the tourist customer. wink.png

• Like 1

For 800bht he would probably provide the girl.

Good one laugh.png

I second that. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Your friend brought a girl back to the hotel room every day and stayed the night, so, I gather she was a hooker. Most hookers in Patong look like hookers.

Hardly a fair comparison to bringing genuine friends back to the your hotel room where they do not stay the night, eh?

By saying that setting up a hotel in Patong, then there shouldn't be a fee because they know what type of customer they're getting is an insult to family guests.

Put it another way. If the hotel charged extra in Bang Tao, would you be OK with that?

is it possible that you dont like ThaiWOMEN very much? sorry but it sounds a bit like this when you say...they look like Hookers...just because THEY can wear shorts or miniskirts without looking rediculous....

And before I bring my FAMILY and KIDS to a holiday in PATONG there must be ALL other locations in the world (except Pattaya) sold out.... Insult to family guests?? if I dont want my kiddis visit a red light district I go to some other place...

Perhaps they were judging his character?

As in, the OP's friend, or the Thai hooker who is a ladyboy???? :) :) :) :)

• Like 1

So is anyone going to answer the question about where else in the world is this practiced or just keep on challenging moskito.

business as usual in TV ... i am here long enough to know it. Unfortunately I try hard to read, write and speak English while others not even TRY to understand and start flaming imidiately....we can have a discussion in German or spanish too if you like, the Forum rules say NOWHERE: ENGLISH NATIVE ONLY.... and nobody has to answer if he dont like what I post....but if you answer, just answer questions PLEASE....

OUtrage!

The gall they have to make customers pay surcharges on their hookers. Thailand is supposed to be a bargain whoremongering country. 800 baht surcharge is unforgivable! Should write up a complaint review on trip advisor!

Very sarcastic post. smile.png

I just rang the hotel. 1800 baht per night for a room and, wait for it, 1000 baht for extra person. I even made it quite clear by saying, "How much for Thai lady stay my room?" "Yes, 1000 baht." :)

Seems like "extra person" has gone up 200 baht. Typical Phuket.

Some members seem to think a high extra person charge attracts the families, but, if it's a nice hotel, it could also attract wealthy customers. Perhaps those customers wouldn't care about 1000 baht to bring home a hooker. That being the case, where does that leave the families? Bit like a 300 baht fine to a farang for not wearing a helmet - no deterrent at all.

Just seems like an easy way for the hotel to also make a profit from the prostitution here.

Edited by NamKangMan

is it possible that you dont like ThaiWOMEN very much? sorry but it sounds a bit like this when you say...they look like Hookers...just because THEY can wear shorts or miniskirts without looking rediculous....

And before I bring my FAMILY and KIDS to a holiday in PATONG there must be ALL other locations in the world (except Pattaya) sold out.... Insult to family guests?? if I dont want my kiddis visit a red light district I go to some other place...

Have you entirely missed the poster that pointed out that many families do visit Patong for a holiday?

But I do agree that it is a stupid choice for a family holiday.

• Like 1