Cracked Me Up, The First Time She Came To My Country...

krisb

What about the first Christmas cracker "trust me" it wont blow your hand off and I promise you'll look cute in the paper hat.

Yeah lol, and the plastic ring inside it!.. not to mention the crappy joke as well lol

what is so funny about that australian cracker classic, "what time did the chinese man go to the dentist? tooth hurtee",dam_n political correctness,she has missed that classic.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

555 please keep these comments coming,i havent brought a thai back home allthough im living with a mate who has and we have a giggle about everyday things such as some guys have posted here,This is quite a refreshing post for a change.The best was when she first encounered the natives in there element who are they what they do why they sleep on footpath we gave up on the history lesson.

a hairdresser in town,asked my wife where she lived,she replied australia,the hairdresser asked my wife if she knew her aunt as she had married a farang,pity she live about 1000 kms away.

a man went into the wife's work,being friendly he asked where she came from, the wife replied the name of our suburb in australia,bloke was stunned for a minute,then he got the joke and now he always wants to talk about his orders with her.

Wife came to Australia, living in Sydney, after about a month or so she said when are we going to travel around Europe, she though she was in Austria

Lol, my wife got taken to the Austrian Embassy in Bangkok by a taxi driver.

Australia could be called a small island off the coast of Austriabiggrin.png

• Like 1

The whole family was installed in and around the poolhouse, teerak gets bored (no sunbathing for her!) and she goes poking around back in the garden sheds. Squeals of delight when she finds a stash of fishing rods, grabs a few slices of bacon out of the fridge and off she goes, spends most of the next two weeks fishing up at the family pond and lived mostly on the tiny "trash fish" she caught. Found a place in the nearby city with lots of SE refugees to buy Thai herbs and spices, ingredients for som tam. Happy as a pig in shit, decided she could survive in farangland after all 8-)

And OT I know Aussies are proud of Mr's Hill's invention, but recently I saw a series of Mickey Mouse cartoons from the early 30's where something very similar was featured. Comments?

Funny how they love fishing! never had an Aussie girl who liked it.

Took my wife crabbing 1 time , she loooved it. "ooowwww lucky lucky" shes going everytime she pulled up a crab net. Classic!

• Like 1

The whole family was installed in and around the poolhouse, teerak gets bored (no sunbathing for her!) and she goes poking around back in the garden sheds. Squeals of delight when she finds a stash of fishing rods, grabs a few slices of bacon out of the fridge and off she goes, spends most of the next two weeks fishing up at the family pond and lived mostly on the tiny "trash fish" she caught. Found a place in the nearby city with lots of SE refugees to buy Thai herbs and spices, ingredients for som tam. Happy as a pig in shit, decided she could survive in farangland after all 8-)

And OT I know Aussies are proud of Mr's Hill's invention, but recently I saw a series of Mickey Mouse cartoons from the early 30's where something very similar was featured. Comments?

Took my wife crabbing 1 time , she loooved it. "ooowwww lucky lucky" shes going everytime she pulled up a crab net. Classic!

My wife used to love going to Stockton Beach (near Newcastle) for day trips to collect pippis - could not get her head around the limit of number of pippis to be collected, especially when a council guy said she had to discard the extras she had collected.

My wife used to love going to Stockton Beach (near Newcastle) for day trips to collect pippis - could not get her head around the limit of number of pippis to be collected, especially when a council guy said she had to discard the extras she had collected.

What the hell are pippis???

What the hell are pippis???

Australian name for a clam

They say the Ozzies like the simple things in life. It appears they also like simple wives as well.

Don't know about national generalizations, but I sure do.

Upcountry people can remember when they used to be able to live on the wildlife living among/between the rice paddies, and AFATC it's like a mythical paradise lost to them, these days everyone needs cash to survive in most places even twenty years ago wasn't as true.

ON a side note re the pippis.

There were organised tour buses of people coming up to Newcastle to collect bucketloads of pippis a few years back

Edited by BookMan

They say the Ozzies like the simple things in life. It appears they also like simple wives as well.

Don't know about national generalizations, but I sure do.

Upcountry people can remember when they used to be able to live on the wildlife living among/between the rice paddies, and AFATC it's like a mythical paradise lost to them, these days everyone needs cash to survive in most places even twenty years ago wasn't as true.

AFATC?

Aussies for many years were proud of 'inventing' Hills hoist clothes lines and Victa lanwmowers. We kind of set the bar fairly low and now you are telling me that we copied one of these ideas from Disney?

Actually, I'm much more proud of the fact that Aussies invented the wine cask (box wine) ... a far more usefull invention and a gift that keeps on giving ... till it's empty ... crying.gif

• Like 1

Aussies for many years were proud of 'inventing' Hills hoist clothes lines and Victa lanwmowers. We kind of set the bar fairly low and now you are telling me that we copied one of these ideas from Disney?

Actually, I'm much more proud of the fact that Aussies invented the wine cask (box wine) ... a far more usefull invention and a gift that keeps on giving ... till it's empty ... crying.gif

And the bladder acts as a handy pillow when empty and inflated wink.png

• Like 1

And the bladder acts as a handy pillow when empty and inflated wink.png

Have used it as a pillow while camping more then once!

Edited by David48
  • Like 1