What's The Weather Doing Now?

Jeez.... surprised Tropo did not get a bit from that sudden wind storm this afternoon... Rooo was right about westerlies coming...wink.png

Between starting on the one way system, in Nathon, along the water front... the wind came up very fast .... shops had to close down their door shutters, stuff was blowing all over...w00t.gif

Made for a wobble trip home too .... white caps all along towards Maenam and the Plae Laem pointy bit....

Just as it started to blow.... I suspect that Seatran ferry had a rough ride....w00t.gif

SAM_2383.JPG

Stop rubbing it in Rooo wai.gif

I saw big black clouds all around. Lots of wet stuff falling in distant places. Still sunny here at the pointy end! sad.png That's four and a half months now with no real rain.

(The sun only shines on the righteous????)

Had experienced the most violent rainfall this year today. 7 or 8 drops on my windshield!! Had to stop and check, in case of more drops, the car manual how to start the wiper....

cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Jeez.... surprised Tropo did not get a bit from that sudden wind storm this afternoon... Rooo was right about westerlies coming...wink.png

Between starting on the one way system, in Nathon, along the water front... the wind came up very fast .... shops had to close down their door shutters, stuff was blowing all over...w00t.gif

Made for a wobble trip home too .... white caps all along towards Maenam and the Plae Laem pointy bit....

Just as it started to blow.... I suspect that Seatran ferry had a rough ride....w00t.gif

I really do not understand the weather patterns here.

Not a drop of the wet stuff here Jimmy, and the wind blew a couple of leaves off one of my pot plants on the deck!

We have had great cooling westerlies for the last few days. Temperatures have dropped a few degrees and even the dog is a bit more lively, but nowt today!

A 20 minute light rain shower on the hill here. The roads are already dry again.

Hopefully more wet stuff in the night. wai.gif

Good one NMS! ^ thumbsup.gif

^ well don't stand under drain pipes or awnings, just in case! tongue.png and definitely do not go dancing in the streets after 10 pm! rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Good rain in parts of lower reaches of Maenam for about an hour, I gather those in the hills had a good two hour down pour..... hope it trickles down the some wells in low areas! wink.png

Good down pour going on in Maenam for almost last hour ... mini lake in the front garden too!

Hope Tropo is getting a bit ..... of rain that is! whistling.giftongue.png

I was at Tesco Lotus when it started. clap2.gif

Rode home in driving rain. (I was the one in the orange poncho!)sad.png

The rain started to ease off at Bophut. Still wet roads and drizzle in Bangrak.

Arrived at Soi 7 Plai Laem - dry as a sodddinng bone! Road, grass everything - dry. People looked at me in my soaking wet-weather gear as if I was a loony! blink.png

I just do not get it. Still a drought up here! facepalm.gif

Good down pour going on in Maenam for almost last hour ... mini lake in the front garden too!

Hope Tropo is getting a bit ..... of rain that is! whistling.giftongue.png

I was at Tesco Lotus when it started. clap2.gif

Rode home in driving rain. (I was the one in the orange poncho!)sad.png

The rain started to ease off at Bophut. Still wet roads and drizzle in Bangrak.

Arrived at Soi 7 Plai Laem - dry as a sodddinng bone! Road, grass everything - dry. People looked at me in my soaking wet-weather gear as if I was a loony! blink.png

I just do not get it. Still a drought up here! facepalm.gif

Oh no! I really can't believe it blink.png ... and here I thought you would be out dancing in the streets all night! whistling.giftongue.png

I had to hit Samui Immigration this after noon, some big puddles in various areas though to Lipa Noi... (killing time there while waiting !) but no more rain since this mornings' cloud burst!

• 3 weeks later...

Yippee - here in the pointy bit of Plai Laem we have just had the first real rain of the year. clap2.gif

Sadly - it just lasted long enough for me to drink one beer as I sheltered in a friend's house! drunk.gif

Oh well - more rain tomorrow please wai.gif

(and amazingly - we still have power.)

• Like 2

What's strange about the wind, it comes up every hour or three in a huge gust and dies down... some times with a bit of rain, some times a good down pour... depending on area...

I popped down to Maenam beach today thinking it would be rough.... but it was like a mill pond.... people swimming and laying on the beach...thumbsup.gif

Not far away it was blowing like this!

IMG_5863.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some pretty heavy gusts of wind this morning in Maenam area at least.... being that they are coming from the west, I think perhaps bad on west side of the island too... I ain't riding out to go look! whistling.gif

I would imagine it might affect ferry and boats heading out, at least for the next while????

Those coconut trees in image above ^ are bending even more right now w00t.gif (view from my house!)

Rooo just beat me to it..... watch out up the mountains too! tongue.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Pretty windy at maenam beach and not a lot of people down there so just sitting at bungalow and chilling and watching branches flying all over the place. ohh well. It keeping the mossies away :-)

and do not forget those candles/torches.

The strong gusts of wind are bringing down the coconuts and branches.

Power cuts every day at the moment. Some up to 3 hours others just for a second or two.

A good day to stay indoors and watch a re-run of the British F1 GP.

Stay safe people.

• Like 1