Immigration Free-For-All

mgbcnx

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had to do a 30 day extension last week. Free for all for certain. Our passports have the original visa and the entry on opposing pages, so we just took one photocopy (not my idea). My number came up first, the officer looked at it expecting 2 pieces of paper, I pointed out the visa and the entry stamp, after which he went off to ask someone if it was OK.. He came back with my original and a photocopy of it that I had to sign. My husband was called up just as my officer got back, and he was told (barked) 'Photocopy' by the tubby man who seems to be in charge. It took him 25 minutes to get the copy because of the new system with huge queues for it, my passport was back in my pocket before he came back with his photocopy.

The very pleasant officer who did my extension sorted it, got a photocopy with no mention of paying for it and it was service with a smile. Totally different experience for my husband. Depends who you get and what mood they're in.

Tearing your one photocopy in half would have solved the problem.

As far as I know there is no size requirements on photocopy paper.

Very hi change that this will not be accepted in my personal experience.

But combining multiple requested information on one page if possible should not be a problem.