Farm Photos

shaggy1969

@RBH why didn't you attend the meeting? Kind of exected you there.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/618830-isaan-farmers-meeting-no8/?st=75

Part of the tobacco selling process.

attachicon.gifIMG_5254 (1000 x 562).jpg

Bring me a half pound back to try DAL (on the house of coursewhistling.gif )

Will do, will do. Figuring out how..

I promiss you before you are off we will smoke it together. Whatever it takes. Mano a mano.

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

@RBH why didn't you attend the meeting? Kind of exected you there.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/618830-isaan-farmers-meeting-no8/?st=75

Part of the tobacco selling process.

attachicon.gifIMG_5254 (1000 x 562).jpg

Bring me a half pound back to try DAL (on the house of coursewhistling.gif )

Will do, will do. Figuring out how..

I promiss you before you are off we will smoke it together. Whatever it takes. Mano a mano.

I do mean the Thai tobacco and not that funny smelling green Dutch leaf !!!!

....and Shaggy... I'm out of "likes" for the day, be back 2morow ! happy.png

Don't worry about the ' likes ' RBH........what I would like to see are some photos of your harvest if you have any.

Over seven tonne of catfish mush be an awesome sight w00t.gif ,makes me want to crack open me rod 'n' reel .

Over the 400 post mark now folks.

A big thank you for all those that have contributed to this thread so far.

How about celebrating it with a ..............

Yeah%2520Baby.jpg

Yeah baby !!!!!

I suggested your ideas to my wife.....who sharply reminded me of who wore the spurs in this house.....

I'll try the gik smile.png

Regards.

I think you little friend is the original version of the old video game Frogger.I hope he made the leap safely.

Did he jump or was he pushed ?

Don't worry mate,I am here to stay.....I have had a few ' leaps ' off my motorbike at 60 mph+ and am still here to tell the tale.

I think you little friend is the original version of the old video game Frogger.I hope he made the leap safely.

Did he jump or was he pushed ?

Don't worry mate,I am here to stay.....I have had a few ' leaps ' off my motorbike at 60 mph+ and am still here to tell the tale.

Cool you remember frogger? i played this when i was a kid a lot!

Who do you take me for,... he was not pushed! Check the last photo of him he is consciously in jumping position and i didn't do anything to provoke it. Just wanted to say...coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Dancealot, all my fishes go to the markets/talats in districts, sub-districts all over Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai and Lampang provinces, restaurants buy from markets.... Wholesalers pay me ฿45/kg farmgate, talats pay wholesalers ฿51/kg, consumers pay talat retails ฿60/kg. smile.png

Due to feed price hike, I'm selling at retail ฿60/kg+FOC 100gram to villagers. They don't mind that it is the same price as talat because they know my fishes are clean, nothing else but pellet feed, no addition chickens or pigs manure.

Edit: Just got the call to confirm my queue for harvesting the other 40'000 at another farm site (rental ponds, 20km away), 10am 4th April, 2 days away. clap2.gif (I have a 80'000 batch to clear, remember ? laugh.png )

Edited by RedBullHorn

Dancealot, all my fishes go to the markets/talats in districts, sub-districts all over Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai and Lampang provinces, restaurants buy from markets.... Wholesalers pay me ฿45/kg farmgate, talats pay wholesalers ฿51/kg, consumers pay talat retails ฿60/kg. smile.png

Due to feed price hike, I'm selling at retail ฿60/kg+FOC 100gram to villagers. They don't mind that it is the same price as talat because they know my fishes are clean, nothing else but pellet feed, no addition chickens or pigs manure.

Edit: Just got the call to confirm my queue for harvesting the other 40'000 at another farm site (rental ponds, 20km away), 10am 4th April, 2 days away. clap2.gif (I have a 80'000 batch to clear, remember ? laugh.png )

Great RBH, you are really doing well!

So chances are 1 or 2 of your fish will be ending up on my plate as i am heading up norththumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif .

Great photos and post RBH,and Yes i certainly do like them !!!

I like your slotted grading table also.....do you only have one level and size of slots or are there more, grading the size of the fish as they drop through the slots?

I spent a good ten years of my life working in fish factories and the table brought back some old memories (very cold memories).

One of my first tasks as a wee nipper was learning how to brine and smoke fish and have often wondered what catfish would taste like split and smoked.

I would like to try this out one day......I think that Teak shavings and dust would give a nice sweet flavor.Came across this article,quite interesting what they say about teak smoked fish.

What fish were you having for Dinner? It looks like Salmon,but it can't be....can it? The HUGE prawn looks delicious,it's almost a meal by itself licklips.gif

Edited by shaggy1969

where's the nomination for 'best thread'?

I like this one, learning a little, and great photos, thanks everyone

RBH - you mentioned salt in response to my pics of local salt farm; how much do you use, ie how saline is the water, and does it have impact on surrounding land - I have vague memories of reading of issues with saline water and rice growing?

Secondly - a while back saw some ponds being re-dug/cleaned out, all the black silt/sludge piled up. To me this looked ideal for plowing in like compost, but was told it would be no good near trees. Would this be because of the salt content?

april20103_zpsb0ff86f1.jpg

• Like 2