Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Funny I just took a photo of that plant this afternoon, to ask what it is!

I was served it once brewed with coffee, it actually tasted pretty good! thumbsup.gif

I have seen a number of plants used as an insecticide concoction, but not with this! wink.png

You mean the same plant, Jim? At the same time... And now what...

I like pandanas as a herbal tea too . And it can be drunk in other "herbal tea" combinations such as pandanas and lemon grass too. The Thais will often put it into the fridge to absorb any strong smells too. It is a good plant to fill in a corner of the garden but can grow tallish i believe up to about 2 metres alth i have only seen it about 750 mm high.. Also the thais used to make mats and other household materials with it by weaving the leaves so it is one of those good "subsistence " plants to have around.

• Like 1

Funny I just took a photo of that plant this afternoon, to ask what it is!

I was served it once brewed with coffee, it actually tasted pretty good! thumbsup.gif

I have seen a number of plants used as an insecticide concoction, but not with this! wink.png

You mean the same plant, Jim? At the same time... And now what...

You have lost me here.....tongue.pngblink.png if you mean the same plant, yes Pandanas.... now I know, just have to remember the name! thumbsup.gif

re Xen's comment on height, I have never seen at 2 meters, the ones I pictured are about .75 meter.... so guessing that is about max!

Edited by samuijimmy

This is a trial plot for rice that looks as if it has been seeded by hand and now waiting for it to germinate.

The second photo you will notice is in thai and may give a clue as to what they are trailing for.If there is

anyone out there that can read thai I would appreciate it if they could translate and post the result please.

Trial+plots+seeded+but+haven%2527t+germi

Sign+that+maybe+tells+what+the+trials+ar

• Like 2

This is a trial plot for rice that looks as if it has been seeded by hand and now waiting for it to germinate.

The second photo you will notice is in thai and may give a clue as to what they are trailing for.If there is

anyone out there that can read thai I would appreciate it if they could translate and post the result please.

Trial+plots+seeded+but+haven%2527t+germi

Sign+that+maybe+tells+what+the+trials+ar

Project name: The research and development of the "Chollapratan Rice" in the lower northern provinces of Thailand
Activity : to compare the final crops of "Chollapratan Rice (Kao Bao*)" in farmer's rice paddy " in the lower northern provinces of Thailand
Experimental form: RCB
Breed: 6 different breeds / Breed + 2CK 4 repeated
In-season rice field year 2013
Soaking date : 18th July 2013
Sowing date : 20 July 2013
Location : Tasak Sub-district, Phichai District, Uttaradit Province.
Phisanulok rice research center
Rice research and development department
*** = Kao Bao is the rice which takes short time to grow. Harvesting is during September - October of every year. It is lightweight rice.

Thankyou very much for the translation and posting it here.I also suspect that they are experimenting with various fertiliser and or spray applications.

Trees, clouds, mountains, water, farming and trails all in one shot.

VF ... I'm sure shaggy appreciates the (excellent) photo and keeping this thread ticking along while he settles in back at the Farm and becomes reacquainted with his Thai Family ... wai.gif

• Like 2

Farm pancake man

attachicon.gifIMG_9330.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_9331.jpg

VS.

Big city pancake man

attachicon.gifIMG_4806.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_4805.JPG

The top one is Crepe.

The bottom one is Roti Prata.

I like Both... Crepe for desert and Roti for Entrée serve with curry preferably mutton curry.

Thai like it as a desert with condense milk and sugar but i like mine plain Indian style just like

what i always had back home in Singapore. licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

• Like 1

I should post this in the food photo thread .....

Farm kitchen/preparing dinner.

attachicon.gifIMG_2571.jpg

Why is this leaf in the pan?

As far as I know it's to add green colour however slight to a dish and maybe a bit of flavour as well.I made some Kaya (coconut egg jam) some time ago and the recipe called for 4 or 5 Pandan leaves with a piece broken off each end and tied in a knot and that's what it looks like " Pandan Leaves ".

Here is the beast itself.

pandan.jpg

It's very common for me. Pandan leaves boil in water will leave its distinguish aroma compare to drinking plain water. Taxi driver in Singapore put them in their cab and Thai restaurants have them in their restrooms...and i grew up eating Pandan cakes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandan_cake

• Like 1

Trees, clouds, mountains, water, farming and trails all in one shot.

VF ... I'm sure shaggy appreciates the (excellent) photo and keeping this thread ticking along while he settles in back at the Farm and becomes reacquainted with his Thai Family ... wai.gif

I am waiting for a first shout from Shaggy. Great to see everyone is chipping in. smile.png

It's very common for me. Pandan leaves boil in water will leave its distinguish aroma compare to drinking plain water. Taxi driver in Singapore put them in their cab and Thai restaurants have them in their restrooms...and i grew up eating Pandan cakes.

Other replies where satisfactory but this reply left all my remaining questions answered,..wai.gif . Thank you.

• Like 1

hi ron,

no i dont think he,s got any rottie in him,

we just went to visit some freinds and there he was, as a pup, so i asked if i could have him, and now he,s mine,

and the little one is his son that i got from mama,

hes a beautiful fella, and so loyal,

jake

• Like 1

This is/was one of my fav hunting farm dogs from last year. When I returned this year, I was told he had been sold.

post-70928-0-85443900-1374773020_thumb.j

Later I learned a pickup-car was driving around town with it's loudspeakers yelling around the village they want to buy dogs.

post-70928-0-81038700-1374773045_thumb.j

Very, very sad to miss him.... Anyway after I inquired more I was told the dogs where taken to Laos...facepalm.gif . But i fear the worst...sad.png

post-70928-0-60518900-1374773493_thumb.j

Has anyone experienced this before?

• Like 2