Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Clean water?.. Pfffftttt..... Today in Lanna, it's what we're built for.smile.png

Regards.

Great photo teletiger....where was it taken?

Agreed,... but Shaggy we are waiting for more pics! Or do you want me to throw in another bug...tongue.png

Edited by Dancealot

Cassava and sugar cane growing at the base of the mountain.

P1050118.JPG

On the right hand side of the mountain there is a temple with a beautiful white Buddha statue facing towards Kranuan.

Parking the bike at the bottom of the mountain we walked/crawled up the steep road to the temple ground to have a look at the temple self.

amongst the many beautiful buildings and statues was this huge beast........now i wasn't expecting to see that !!!

P1050136-001.JPG

• Like 2

theres more hens down at the other end of the farm, these are just the ones that escape,,lol,

but i have told mac to kill a couple of the cocks, i allways kill off the smaller ones,

keeps the size in the chickens then, better for eating when they finnish laying, or just eating the cocks, bigger size,,

and as we all no,, size does matter,,lol

Has anyone noticed problems with dragon fruit this year ? In our village a very large percentage are flowering and then not setting fruit.Recently the whole village was sprayed/fogged under a campaign against mosquito's and the problem seems to coincide with that.

DSC04794.JPG

This is one setup that has been affected,Out of all these flowers that you see here,there are only 4-5 fruit set.

Perhaps the bees were killed with the spraying, have you noticed a lack of bees?

Has anyone noticed problems with dragon fruit this year ? In our village a very large percentage are flowering and then not setting fruit.Recently the whole village was sprayed/fogged under a campaign against mosquito's and the problem seems to coincide with that.

Perhaps the bees were killed with the spraying, have you noticed a lack of bees?

Haven't noticed any recently.

You better pluck a feather off of DAL's fluffy chicken .... and do some tickling up the flowers skirt! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 2

I think I read somewhere Dragon fruit flowers relied on night time insects for pollination , Moths etc. not that it changes anything.

I read recently that the flowers will drop if they are not cross pollinated by another nearby Dragon fruit plant.

• Like 1

Nice photos as always gents!

Here's my stupid question of the day...looking at the pictures, one thing has struck me, in that a lot of the soils don't appear to be lateritic as I would have expected for a tropical wet and dry or savanna climate.

Google says that NE Thailand has these soil types, but I've seen photos up Issan way and again, not as marked as I would have expected.

Anyone know of any links that would explain if I'm being an idiot or as to a underlying reason?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Nice photos as always gents!

Here's my stupid question of the day...looking at the pictures, one thing has struck me, in that a lot of the soils don't appear to be lateritic as I would have expected for a tropical wet and dry or savanna climate.

Google says that NE Thailand has these soil types, but I've seen photos up Issan way and again, not as marked as I would have expected.

Anyone know of any links that would explain if I'm being an idiot or as to a underlying reason?

Cheers.

It's everywhere, mate.

IMG_8225.jpg

IMG_9512.jpg

Nice pics!

Must be all the organics in the field soil then, as the road is the colour that I would be expecting to see, given the climate.