Looking For Best Phone For Following Requirements

oz457

I don't care the brand name, but here are the requirements for a new phone:

1. Dual Sim card

2. Android system

3. Can be rooted (or upgraded to newer software where root access is available) (and or upgraded with cyanogenmod)

4. minimum 1,2 Ghz speed

5. removable battery

6. GPS

7. 3G

8. Wifi

9. Engish language support

Anybody any idea what could be within the requirements what's on the market now?

Well it could be said that the best phone with those specs would be a Note 2 if you like big phones or a Samsung S3 if you like a big phone thats not too big or it could be an imobile IQ1 if you're talking about value for money. Too many variables these days. You'll have to be even more specific I'm afraid.

Well it could be said that the best phone with those specs would be a Note 2 if you like big phones or a Samsung S3 if you like a big phone thats not too big or it could be an imobile IQ1 if you're talking about value for money. Too many variables these days. You'll have to be even more specific I'm afraid.

OP's been fairly specific besides screen, but your proposal would fail on his specific point #1 wouldn't it?

Edited by Digitalbanana

OP's been fairly specific besides screen, but your proposal would fail on his specific point #1 wouldn't it?

In that case Samsung duo (giant. Or whatever they are calling it)

I-mobile IQ1 etc. There are new I mobile models launching at the mobile expo next month.

sent from my Q6

Can the imobile IQ1 be rooted?

Ummm yes and no. It can but it's not a simple process. Also most Roms currently are Chinese oriented. Its a Mediatek 6577 chip set. Have a look around. The one good thing is it is running a fairly standard version of Android. No bloat and applications you don't want you can delete (at least on the Q4 &Q6 you can)

sent from my Q6

hi spec dual sim android phones are few and far between

even the best flagship handsets from apple ,htc and samsung etc can barely last all day of use

and most can be killed in 4-5 hours of constant screen on use and thats with just 1 sim

adding another sim puts more strain on the battery ,ive bought a few of them from china

and ive never been able to use em successfully for various reasons

now i just use call forwarding to direct the other numbers to my main phone and that works fine

for thai to thai sims but may not suit persons needing to use sims from differnt countries at the same time

as some providors may charge for forwarding a call to a number in another country

ya dual sim... forget it as you will have to get a lower quality set.

It is easy enough to pop the back off the phone and switch sim cards, the samsung S2 for instance you don't have to take the battery out even, just pop the back off and swich sims, restart phone.. 30 seconds max..

as far as battery life goes.. don't matter get a charger that charges the phone and 2 battery at same time, you now have 3x battery power on one charge.

I just bought a NExus 4 from google and it is the coolest phone in some ways, but i am still losing sleep because you can't take out the battery, and you can't install micro sd for extra storage.. it is made of glass and shatters if you drop it once from 3 feet, it will be expensive as hell to repair if it even could be.

I would strongly recommend a Samsung Galaxy S2 (or 3 but you could get a cheap used S2 for $100 USD) they were made pretty durable and easy to get parts and repair them, they have everything all the other phones do to and more in some cases lol

Edited by driedmango

ps.. for dual sim.... get a cheap filp phone that will last a week on a full charge for one sim, and get a super smart phone for the other one..

Dual sim is great but if the components of the machine fail and it is a piece of junk you just back in line buying more phones..

Go with something proven to last, even if you get used you can always repair it cheap than replacement.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies. The reason I want to have dual sim, is that I want to use one sim for phone (I have a very cheap contract with my Belgian phone company) and the second sim would be used to have 3G (from another provider).

If the procedure to root the phone is difficult, it is not a barrier. I'm a computer engineer, so difficult does not mean impossible.

I am now looking into the i-mobile Q1, Q5 and Q6. They seem to have fair prices when I look at their specs. Honestly, I don't care about brand name. If you go for a brand name, you pay for it. Finally, all phones are running the same operating system -android-, so it does not matter what is the brandname of the hardware.

So, my only question is, those of you using the i-mobile IQ models? Are they good? What about battery life? Are they solid phones? Screen quality in sunlight? etc. etc.

I am using a Q6. I have been very happy with it. Up until 3 days ago. Now it seems the battery Is running down quicker than before. I did do some app updating so maybe one of the apps is using more power now. I am a fairly heavy user of the internet the 3g is on all the time. I would generally get 7am to 8pm easy enough.

My gf has a Q4 she is getting using line and games all day ( at work :D) and still has 40-50% at 10pm. That is just using 1 sim.

It seems just as fast as my phone. I'm actually thinking about getting one myself. Just gotta try and test hers :D

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies. The reason I want to have dual sim, is that I want to use one sim for phone (I have a very cheap contract with my Belgian phone company) and the second sim would be used to have 3G (from another provider).

If the procedure to root the phone is difficult, it is not a barrier. I'm a computer engineer, so difficult does not mean impossible.

I am now looking into the i-mobile Q1, Q5 and Q6. They seem to have fair prices when I look at their specs. Honestly, I don't care about brand name. If you go for a brand name, you pay for it. Finally, all phones are running the same operating system -android-, so it does not matter what is the brandname of the hardware.

So, my only question is, those of you using the i-mobile IQ models? Are they good? What about battery life? Are they solid phones? Screen quality in sunlight? etc. etc.

I have an other one, you say you don't care about brand name and pay for the name. I don't agree, at least if you exclude apple and are talking phones. You get what you pay for and quality gear costs money.

Honestly, I don't care about brand name. If you go for a brand name, you pay for it. Finally, all phones are running the same operating system -android-, so it does not matter what is the brandname of the hardware.

It does matter when the play store will not recognised your phone model and thus you will not be allowed to download some of your favourite apps etc

More and more app developers are blocking their apps to unsupported devices. Because if it doesn't work the user with the cheap Chinese phone will leave a 1/5 bad review

I had a couple of dual sim Chinese android phones which couldn't use watsapp, line, Facebook. And various Internet browsers also

I would say the brand names matters the most in Thailand>_>

Id you want to run android you at least want a device supporters at xda dev site.

You will pay less for a good used device than buying a few crap.

As a soft wear dev you should know the value of a dev network..

I am using a Q6. I have been very happy with it. Up until 3 days ago. Now it seems the battery Is running down quicker than before. I did do some app updating so maybe one of the apps is using more power now. I am a fairly heavy user of the internet the 3g is on all the time. I would generally get 7am to 8pm easy enough.

My gf has a Q4 she is getting using line and games all day ( at work biggrin.png) and still has 40-50% at 10pm. That is just using 1 sim.

It seems just as fast as my phone. I'm actually thinking about getting one myself. Just gotta try and test hers biggrin.png

Ansering my own post.. The battery life is now back to normal.. i reset everything including the cache . i think it may have been a problem with an app update.. but not sure. any way all good nowbiggrin.png

Ohh and by the way.. The I-mobile range are supplied by Samart. One of the biggest telecom companies in Thailand.. And all have full access to the Play store. They are using the Mediatek chips from Taiwan.