True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

All a bit of a shambles then. Latest in Pattaya is boxes arrive on the 20th.

Now whos wetting his knickers. It was always going to be a shambles from the outset.

I'm not going to apologise for being optimistic about something, but yea it does look that way doesn't it.

Not holding me breath for the 20th and there seems to be different prices being banded about.

They will get there in the end as they have spent too much money not to make it work, but I fancy there will be a bit more pain on route.

No apology necessary, but these things take time. I think better to give it a few more weeks until they get established. Other than that if still no joy there is always

http://www.vipboxsports.me/ to fall back on. Many HD streams for the EPL.

Still 4 weeks left, if not there are other options like the one you have put up.

Any ideas what all the bars are going to do? They will surely need to have it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

131-136 are the BPL channels. Disconnect your box from the power, it should do a channel update when you switch it back on. I got an automatic update message last week.

Yes,I tried that a few times...no success.

Will contact the installer

Very odd, as I said my channel list was updated last Monday without needing to turn off the power. It appears to do a channel search every time you turn the power off. Check the main menu, as there could be an update option there. Password for the box is 0000.

I promised to update the thread on my experiences this past 4 weeks.

We paid Truevisions their baht 2300 for the month of June on 24th (this was the pay by date). We said at this point we wanted to cancel with immediate effect and they could refund the last 6 days of June and send the balance when they refund the deposit. Truevisions said they could not, would not refund the the last 6 days of June and we had effectively lost that money. You can imagine the fight that ensued. I am waiting for their cheque.... Lets see what happens. Anyway good riddance!

Around the same time the missus contacted CTH direct and got put on the waiting list for installation. Last Friday she calls for the second time for an update and was given a very unsatisfactory 'you are in the queue, you will be contacted when installation team is ready, and no, we (CTH) cannot divulge which number in the queue you (us) are! Utter BS and a shame call centre not very well trained.

So we immediately contacted local guy for CTH. No queue with him. The dish was installed with box this afternoon. got a great reception....HD is very very good. No more substandard Truevisions fuzzy crap... Even on normal channels.

note: Ch 131 - 136 designated BPL (British Premier League) not yet broadcasting. Engineering still working and testing the UK links.

Cost.

Turquoise blue dish with one box receiver = 1800 (deposit)

Setting = 534.47

Total today = baht 2334.47.

Official CTH contract signed for one year promotion (10 months for the price of 12).

CTH will send invoice for 9619.30 through the post. Pay at the bank on receipt.

Total cost for twelve months..... 2334.47 + 9619.30 =. 11953.77

Currently enjoying CTH connection for free pending arrival of the outstanding invoice.

Job done. Thanks for all the advice on this thread.

We paid Truevisions their baht 2300 for the month of June on 24th (this was the pay by date). We said at this point we wanted to cancel with immediate effect and they could refund the last 6 days of June and send the balance when they refund the deposit. Truevisions said they could not, would not refund the the last 6 days of June and we had effectively lost that money. You can imagine the fight that ensued. I am waiting for their cheque.... Lets see what happens. Anyway good riddance!

Around the same time the missus contacted CTH direct and got put on the waiting list for installation. Last Friday she calls for the second time for an update and was given a very unsatisfactory 'you are in the queue, you will be contacted when installation team is ready, and no, we (CTH) cannot divulge which number in the queue you (us) are! Utter BS and a shame call centre not very well trained.

So we immediately contacted local guy for CTH. No queue with him. The dish was installed with box this afternoon. got a great reception....HD is very very good. No more substandard Truevisions fuzzy crap... Even on normal channels.

note: Ch 131 - 136 designated BPL (British Premier League) not yet broadcasting. Engineering still working and testing the UK links.

Cost.

Setting = 534.47

Official CTH contract signed for one year promotion (10 months for the price of 12).

Currently enjoying CTH connection for free pending arrival of the outstanding invoice.

Ian, iv'e paid exactly the same as you for 12 months, but it doesn't work out 10 months for 12 like i also thought !

• Like 1

Cost.

Setting = 534.47

Ian, iv'e paid exactly the same as you for 12 months, but it doesn't work out 10 months for 12 like i also thought !

Yup the + + tax etc was not obvious to begin with. However if BPL works as promised I am on a 50% saving over True for year 1 and all 6 BPL channels in HD. True - I will LMAO if you go bust!

Off topic..... Only slightly..... Anyone figured out if the Barclays Asia Cup will be shown on any channel.

Spurs v Sunderland v Man City v Chinese boys. 24-27 July in Hong Kong.

You numpty.

biggrin.png

Almost certainly, best answer is to check the BKK Post on the day.

Cost.

Setting = 534.47

Good little story, but realistically you are never going to the 6 days back, let's keep it real.

Are you in bkk?

I need to find out why I'm being quoted Bt3,500 instead of bt1,800 to get the box and dish.

Off topic..... Only slightly..... Anyone figured out if the Barclays Asia Cup will be shown on any channel.

It is being shown on Sky in England, and therefore a reasonable stream should be available online during the matches. cricfreetv has reasonable streams or try wiziwig or rojadirecta.

• Like 1

I'm kinda hoping that CTH may test out the signal for something like the EPL Asia trophy, or Gerrard's testimonial perhaps.

I'm wondering if its going to be strictly premiership games or are they going show the odd game such as True use to do ? on a slightly different note i was also wondering if they are eventually going to show other sports such as boxing, rugby etc.

You numpty.

biggrin.png

Chic Coq..... Thanks for your illuminating reply. Nearest Bangkok Post is 30 mins drive away.... So not so convenient for me. So your gobby gooner reply not as smart as you envisaged. Thanks for trying though. Enjoyed the attempt!

I'm kinda hoping that CTH may test out the signal for something like the EPL Asia trophy, or Gerrard's testimonial perhaps.

I'm wondering if its going to be strictly premiership games or are they going show the odd game such as True use to do ? on a slightly different note i was also wondering if they are eventually going to show other sports such as boxing, rugby etc.

A very good point indeed,because if they only have the footy and like me you watch many other sports which only True are carrying its not going to be any cheaper only more expensive to run the two systems unfortunately.

It is being shown on Sky in England, and therefore a reasonable stream should be available online during the matches. cricfreetv has reasonable streams or try wiziwig or rojadirecta.

Thanks for the stream links Sunderland. Can't have too many of these.

You numpty.

biggrin.png

Chic Coq..... Thanks for your illuminating reply. Nearest Bangkok Post is 30 mins drive away.... So not so convenient for me. So your gobby gooner reply not as smart as you envisaged. Thanks for trying though. Enjoyed the attempt!

See your getting the hang of it now Ian biggrin.png

• Like 1

A very good point indeed,because if they only have the footy and like me you watch many other sports which only True are carrying its not going to be any cheaper only more expensive to run the two systems unfortunately.

Thinking about it, they have Star sports and 2 Fox sports channels so it could be only Boxing and Rugby that they don't show !

I seem to recall they have a boxing channel?

Thinking about it, they have Star sports and 2 Fox sports channels so it could be only Boxing and Rugby that they don't show !

Don't forget the Fight Channel, lots of boxing.

Don't forget the Fight Channel, lots of boxing on there.

Don't forget the Fight Channel, lots of boxing on there.

(I see this new TV system is working well)

Edited by uptheos

I'm beginning to think thisplace down in Patttaya are not authorized dealers...Why no boxes yet? Why did they ask for a deposit? Why is it Bt3,500 for dish and box and not bt1,800? Something here smells.

Would I be right in saying that you should only make your payments to CTH direct?

If this lot are cowboys then I don't know what to do instead.