Thai Suspect Reenacts Assault Of British Teacher, 20, But Claims He Had Consensual Sex With Her

Lite Beer

The Bangkok Post is reporting that 'samples of semen' were found 'on' the victim, but tests still need to be done to determine whether they're from the accused or from the victim's boyfriend with whom she last had sex four days earlier (!!!!!). I kid you not.

No shower or a change of clothing in four days? No wonder we farangs have the reputation of being smellythumbsup.gifor is it just the Scottish?biggrin.png

I thought one of the moderators was removing stereotypical/racist remarks wink.png

I made no mention of the poms or the pommie shower. Questions are permitted on Thai Visa Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bangkok Post is reporting that 'samples of semen' were found 'on' the victim, but tests still need to be done to determine whether they're from the accused or from the victim's boyfriend with whom she last had sex four days earlier (!!!!!). I kid you not.

No shower or a change of clothing in four days? No wonder we farangs have the reputation of being smellythumbsup.gifor is it just the Scottish?biggrin.png

I thought one of the moderators was removing stereotypical/racist remarks wink.png

I made no mention of the poms or the pommie shower. Questions are permitted on Thai Visa

Ah! That's a'right thentongue.png

• Like 1

Another report said the suspect denied rape but admitted to assaulting the victim with his finger which he said was not rape according to the law. This is correct, since rape under the Thai penal code requires evidence of actual intercourse. However, under Section 278 of the Penal Code the commission of any indecent offence against a person over 15 is punishable with up to 10 years in prison or a 20k baht fine or both. Seems not very bright or perhaps the police set him up to incriminate himself of the lesser offence.

The police also said that traces of semen were found on the victim but could not be sure that these were left by a rapist or by her boyfriend with whom she had had sex four days earlier. Obviously gratuitous reporting by the masses. They assume that she had not showered for four days and didn't mention that DNA testing would identify the owner of the semen. There was absolutely no need to mention when she had last had sex with her boyfriend. One can imagine the scene in the small town police station with a gang of armed and hostile male police investigators interrogating the victim about her sex life in almost incomprehensible pigeon English.

• Like 1

The more I read about this, the more it sounds like she consented while blacked out then woke up. I don't think the laws in the west are fair towards men and there are plenty of false rape allegations made in every country, however the laws were reason enough I made sure I never messed with a drunk girl unless we were already knocking boots. To say anyone let alone a man is going to be able to accurately tell how much a person has had to drink and if they are in a black out is foolish because alcohol affects everyone differently depending on age, body weight, health, tolerance, how much you've had to eat, and even genetics. There are plenty of instance of people carrying on during a blackout and no one around them being any wiser until the next day when they are asked what happened. Is it unfortunate what happened to this girl? Yes indeed. Was she raped? Who knows?

"The suspect and his friends said the woman kept repeating, "Ok. Good"

and now I am calling bullshit, the only women that have ever said that are Thai hookers. What fluent English speaker would keep repeating OK. . Stupid thai trash is just repeating the 2 english words he knows.

• Like 2

"The suspect and his friends said the woman kept repeating, "Ok. Good"

and now I am calling bullshit, the only women that have ever said that are Thai hookers. What fluent English speaker would keep repeating OK. . Stupid thai trash is just repeating the 2 english words he knows.

With her being very drunk, along with her broad Scottish accent, I doubt he would have been able to understand anything she may have said.

• Like 1

If a woman consents to having sex with me that I meet at a bar, we usually walk home together, as in "arm in arm": "recordings from a security camera showed he was following her." Stalkers and predators follow behind, waiting to strike, I would guess. And if a woman injures her knee, I highly doubt that she would consider sex as the best medicine, especially if not in a bed. The whole defence is shoddy to say the least. Did any officer ask him "If she wanted to have sex with you, why weren't you walking beside her?" Or if more traditional, "why wasn't she following you?"

• Like 2

This story is in the Uk news now .it cant be brushed under the carpet. UK tell thailand they have to prosecute more or we issue "dont travel advisories"

Just on the Australian news also as another attempted coverup by Thai authorities in regards to crimes against tourists. Geez Thailand is taking a bashing in the last 18 months in the world media. Thailand needs to get it's act together and it might be a good idea to have some fluent english speaking people available to take statements and reports so they no exactly what it is the tourist is trying to tell them. Statements in the language the victim understands may save a lot of problems in translation

Yes I know this is Thailand and they speak Thai but they are priding themselves as the tourist HUB of the world with record numbers arriving every single week so they need to be able to fluently speak to thier guests.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

One can imagine the scene in the small town police station with a gang of armed and hostile male police investigators interrogating the victim about her sex life in almost incomprehensible pigeon English.

Absolutely. A horrible scenario after being victim of a viscous and cowardly act.

The girl was blathered to the point of almost passing out; you have to be pretty bent out of shape to be denied access to a bar or restaurant in NST. As someone pointed out, not uncommon behaviour for young ladies in the UK on most weekends but it still doesn't justify taking advantage of her... as happens in the UK on most weekends. A friend of mine is a special constable in the south of England and is appalled at the drunk, foul-mouthed young girls they have to deal with at the weekends. Their purses invariably contain a few quid, cigarettes and condoms and he notes that the cigarette packet is enevitably used whilst the condoms are untouched.

If the female victim of this thread thought she could get hammered just like back home, more fool her. If this guy reckoned that a foreign girl incapable of walking and talking gave her consent for a shag in a hallway while his buddy watched, then more fool him.

There's no denying that she got 'raped' by the local media and the standard operating procedure of the local cops but she hasn't exactly done herself any favours IMHO.

The girl was blathered to the point of almost passing out; you have to be pretty bent out of shape to be denied access to a bar or restaurant in NST. As someone pointed out, not uncommon behaviour for young ladies in the UK on most weekends but it still doesn't justify taking advantage of her... as happens in the UK on most weekends. A friend of mine is a special constable in the south of England and is appalled at the drunk, foul-mouthed young girls they have to deal with at the weekends. Their purses invariably contain a few quid, cigarettes and condoms and he notes that the cigarette packet is enevitably used whilst the condoms are untouched.

If the female victim of this thread thought she could get hammered just like back home, more fool her. If this guy reckoned that a foreign girl incapable of walking and talking gave her consent for a shag in a hallway while his buddy watched, then more fool him.

There's no denying that she got 'raped' by the local media and the standard operating procedure of the local cops but she hasn't exactly done herself any favours IMHO.

"....he notes that the cigarette packet is enevitably used whilst the condoms are untouched." (sic)

Do you expect many women have unopened cigarette packs and used condoms in their purse?

• Like 1

Suspect: Pongpatana Porsoi, 26, wearing a stab vest to protect him

Uhmm. To protect from female admirers? Probably not, they'd go for the nether regions :-)

So why did i instinctively cross my legs and bend over when i read this? lol

and as rubl pointed out, the safest place for him right now might be in jail.

Edited by jamhar

This story is in the Uk news now .it cant be brushed under the carpet. UK tell thailand they have to prosecute more or we issue "dont travel advisories"

Just on the Australian news also as another attempted coverup by Thai authorities in regards to crimes against tourists. Geez Thailand is taking a bashing in the last 18 months in the world media. Thailand needs to get it's act together and it might be a good idea to have some fluent english speaking people available to take statements and reports so they no exactly what it is the tourist is trying to tell them. Statements in the language the victim understands may save a lot of problems in translation

Yes I know this is Thailand and they speak Thai but they are priding themselves as the tourist HUB of the world with record numbers arriving every single week so they need to be able to fluently speak to thier guests.

There was a story in Australia about 18 months ago that the Thai police were going to hand over crimes against tourists to 7/11 stores to handle. We laughed about it as it was a great joke but apparently it was true.

I'm wondering whether all the speculation about the future of the criminal case is moot, since the prior news reports say the woman either has already left or is leaving Thailand to return to her home.

She couldn't ID the guy in the lineup, the reports say. And although she certainly could return to Thailand at some point in the future, I'm guessing that given the treatment she's already had at the hands of the authorities, and how Thai court cases tend to drag out, that she likely won't be making a return visit for court.

In the absence of the victim, I'm assuming the case will go nowhere. That said, based on the balance of the various reports, it would seem that this guy took advantage of the woman in her drunken state. Dunno how Thai criminal law deals with the issue of a woman being capable of giving or not giving consent when intoxicated.

• Like 1

I agree with your summation of her horrid experience but ejaculate is not washed out by simple showering and can linger for some days, hence it is evidence of sorts.

Another report said the suspect denied rape but admitted to assaulting the victim with his finger which he said was not rape according to the law. This is correct, since rape under the Thai penal code requires evidence of actual intercourse. However, under Section 278 of the Penal Code the commission of any indecent offence against a person over 15 is punishable with up to 10 years in prison or a 20k baht fine or both. Seems not very bright or perhaps the police set him up to incriminate himself of the lesser offence.

The police also said that traces of semen were found on the victim but could not be sure that these were left by a rapist or by her boyfriend with whom she had had sex four days earlier. Obviously gratuitous reporting by the masses. They assume that she had not showered for four days and didn't mention that DNA testing would identify the owner of the semen. There was absolutely no need to mention when she had last had sex with her boyfriend. One can imagine the scene in the small town police station with a gang of armed and hostile male police investigators interrogating the victim about her sex life in almost incomprehensible pigeon English.

Edited by MacChine

Gotta say that to me the bloke in the photo doesnt look like a Thai to me maybe a leuk kreung ??

Maybe, you never saw people from the far south of Thailand, = Nakhon Sri Thammarat.

PS Do not know, I pushed a wrong button? Something is wrong and different!

Edited by ALFREDO

theajarn writes:

Posted Yesterday, 04:30

Gang rape is a dramatic accusation, but I really dont think it happens very often. False accusations of it seem to, though.

Can you post some links? I can't seem to 'Google' to confirm...

if u google "false accusation gang rape" or something like that, can find lots of examples

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/suspect-falsely-accused-gang-raping-hofstra-student-afraid-jail-attack-article-1.406116

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley_rape_allegations

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1275643/Mother-jailed-making-false-gang-rape-claims--win-lover.html

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/sexist/2009/09/17/false-rape-accusations-and-rape-culture/

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/teenager-makes-false-gangrape-accusation/Article1-560366.aspx

http://www.saveservices.org/2013/01/india-jilted-woman-filed-false-gang-rape-case-for-marriage/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

Edited by froggerman

Rape is a terrible thing, I have a 26-year-old daughter and know how I would feel if (God forbid) something awful like this happened to her. But can the law say that having sex with an inebriated woman is always going to be classified as rape? Because the woman is not in full control of her senses and may consent to having sex while being vulnerable to suggestion, but if sober would never consent or participate in such acts or have second thoughts about her sitution?

Firstly, does the woman not share any of the responsibility for her acts as she failed to safeguard her own security and safety by allowing herself to fall into a situation of unawareness with drink or drugs or whatever?

What happens if a woman becomes submissive due to alcohol or drugs, than awakes the morning after not remembering the full circumstances of her situation the night before and then concludes that she was probably raped?

Considering the circumstances where the woman could hardly recall herself the actual events that lead up to her sexual activity with the accused, than there must be a fine line drawn here as to the full facts of events that took place on the said evening, because 4 men’s lives could be destroyed here just on the account of this woman’s testimony, a person who only had vague recollections of this incident.

The mind boggles on this one.

• Like 2

oh sure, i realize she might have been a little drunk, but in my experience women of all nationalities enjoy having consensual sex while on a balcony with the guys buddy watching.

in fact most women insist upon it, so much so that i hire a mariachi band most weekends to sernade the three of us as we have at it.

Exactly - you have to be pretty naive or think to think that this wasn't a rape. Ask any cop what she/he thinks happened and they will say 99.9% rape (notwithstanding Thai cops as their pay is so bad they pretty much have to and do take loads of bribes)

Rape is a terrible thing, I have a 26-year-old daughter and know how I would feel if (God forbid) something awful like this happened to her. But can the law say that having sex with an inebriated woman is always going to be classified as rape? Because the woman is not in full control of her senses and may consent to having sex while being vulnerable to suggestion, but if sober would never consent or participate in such acts or have second thoughts about her sitution?Firstly, does the woman not share any of the responsibility for her acts as she failed to safeguard her own security and safety by allowing herself to fall into a situation of unawareness with drink or drugs or whatever?What happens if a woman becomes submissive due to alcohol or drugs, than awakes the morning after not remembering the full circumstances of her situation the night before and then concludes that she was probably raped?Considering the circumstances where the woman could hardly recall herself the actual events that lead up to her sexual activity with the accused, than there must be a fine line drawn here as to the full facts of events that took place on the said evening, because 4 men’s lives could be destroyed here just on the account of this woman’s testimony, a person who only had vague recollections of this incident.The mind boggles on this one.

Do you get off on writing this sort of BS?

Rape is a terrible thing, I have a 26-year-old daughter and know how I would feel if (God forbid) something awful like this happened to her. But can the law say that having sex with an inebriated woman is always going to be classified as rape? Because the woman is not in full control of her senses and may consent to having sex while being vulnerable to suggestion, but if sober would never consent or participate in such acts or have second thoughts about her sitution?

Firstly, does the woman not share any of the responsibility for her acts as she failed to safeguard her own security and safety by allowing herself to fall into a situation of unawareness with drink or drugs or whatever?

What happens if a woman becomes submissive due to alcohol or drugs, than awakes the morning after not remembering the full circumstances of her situation the night before and then concludes that she was probably raped?

Considering the circumstances where the woman could hardly recall herself the actual events that lead up to her sexual activity with the accused, than there must be a fine line drawn here as to the full facts of events that took place on the said evening, because 4 men’s lives could be destroyed here just on the account of this woman’s testimony, a person who only had vague recollections of this incident.

The mind boggles on this one.

"Firstly, does the woman not share any of the responsibility for her acts as she failed to safeguard her own security and safety by allowing herself to fall into a situation of unawareness with drink or drugs or whatever?

This comment of yours reminds me of the muslim cleric in Australia who said, "If western women do not wear the burka then they deserve to be raped and are fair game and it would in no way be the mans fault as she is asking for it."

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1