Starting With A Minimum Of 1 M Thb Bkk Bank Offered

If I deposit minimum of 1 million THB with BKK Bank Chiang Mai offered an interest rate of 2,75% (may be wrong) for 4 months and now comes the important part, that interest rate will remain unchanged as long as I leave a minimum of 200.000 THB on account.

I am suspicious because last year I did a similar deal with SCB, only to be told, when I tried to draw down= Cannot!

You hear samesame?

I'm pretty sure Bangkok Bank's current rate is 2.50% for 4 months and 2.75% for 7 months.

I was told that at the end of the term, the funds would be rolled into a new 3-month account at the then current rate (now 1.5%, I think).

I'm pretty sure Bangkok Bank's current rate is 2.50% for 4 months and 2.75% for 7 months.

I was told that at the end of the term, the funds would be rolled into a new 3-month account at the then current rate (now 1.5%, I think).

Same as we were told, mother in law sorts this out but concur.

To the OP: when your Bangkok Bank fixed account matures in 4 months (or 7 months) from whatever date you opened the account it will automatically be rolled over/drop to the 3 month fixed rate regardless of how much money is in the account. Most fixed accounts have a certain period they pay the promotional rate...like 2.5%pa for 4 months, 2.75%pa for 7 months, or whatever the promotion is...then they automatically shift to another (lower) rate.

Here's the English language Link to Bangkok Bank's current 4 and 7 month fixed account promotions, paying 2.5% and 2.75%, respectively. And if we had a time machine and fast forwarded to the day they matured in 4 or 7 months (from the date you initially open the account), the next day you would be earning 1.625% which is the bank's current 3-month fixed rate (subject to change of course....it could be lower or higher when your promotion matures).

Now, if you sign-up for a fixed account promotion on the last day of the promotion (promotions usually run for a couple of months), you will get that promotion's rate until it matures...then it shifts to another (lower) rate just like mentioned above.

As FYI, I put my money in a Bangkok Bank 7 month fixed account promotion just a few weeks ago after another Bangkok Bank fixed account promotion I had matured and the money automatically rolled over into the lower paying 3 month fixed rate...just like the conditions/terms state in above mentioned Link.