Russian Tourist Murdered At Pattaya Hotel

webfact

I can see some stupid comments here from people again who think to know all Thailand than any others here ...... bla bla bla ....

This tourist has been murdered RIP , just because he is Russian I can read some stupid hypothetical answers , what a shame to be born Russian apparently for many of you, well I remember before the Russian , were the Brits , the Germans and other western European with same issues in Pattaya. Remove all Russians from Pattaya and it will be a dead city.

Don't forget the Yanks also, why just "Brits", Germans and other western Europeans?

Don't know for sure as I'm not an expert (TV's resident expert "expert basher" will no doubt put his two pen'orth in here, you know who you are!) but I'm sure Pattaya wouldn't be dead without Russians...maybe nicer.

• Like 2

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe it was that trick with the belt around the neck sexual strangulation thing and it went very wrong . The same thing that that got Michael Huttence and David Carradine to where they are today.

Well it sounds as credible as some of the other theories but i do admit i have never tried any of that kinky sex stuff so i wouldn't know what i am talking about.

Then after he did this and died he removed the belt from around his neck and placed it on the counter in his roomwhistling.gif

Tourist ??? He sure did well to P somebody off well and good in the 3 weeks he was in Pattaya. From the dicription of the crime seen and injuries to the victim it doesn't fit into a local's MO. Can I have an eachway bet that the assailant is one of his own ?

You don't have to be long in the realm to p*ss someone off. It could easily happen within a few hour of touching down at the airport.

You're right. Last year I came back from the US and arrived after midnight. I finally got up to the immigration officer and she took about five minutes to finish stamping my passport. After she finished I asked her in Thai "are you new at this job"? If looks could kill I would have been dead on the spot. She asked me in a very loud and impolite voice if I had a problem with her and of course I said no.

Always a good idea to be intentionally rude to an immigration officer, did you think that she had to process you especially quickly?

Your attitude probably wouldn't have helped the others in line behind you get through any quicker either, so well done.

• Like 1

Russian Strangled By Belt In Soi Buakhao Room
PATTAYA:--A 40-year-old Russian tourist was found dead in a Soi Buakhao hotel room. He apparently was strangled in a fight. Hotel staff said the Russian went out every night and got very drunk. He always returned with a Thai lady. Many Thais and foreigners also visited his room.

PATTAYA – March 5, 2013 [PDN]; at 5 p.m., a report of a foreigner being murdered in a hotel room on soi Buakhao was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Prasit Munsri, investigation officer, Pattaya police station, Chonburi province.

He rushed to inspect the scene with Pol. Lt. Col. Anak Prasongsuk, Inspector, detective police team, the doctor of Banglamung hospital and the rescue officers of Sawangboribultharmmasatharn Pattaya foundation.

The incident occurred in room number 822 in a Soi Buakhao hotel in south Pattaya. Police arrived at the medium-sized hotel and went to the second-floor room, where they found the man’s body.

He was identified as Mr. Komapob Andrei, age 40, nationality Russian. The victim is the manager of an architecture company in Saint Petersburg.

His body was found lying face up on the floor near the door. The victim was shirtless, wearing only black jeans, and his body was stiffening from rigor mortis. Officers estimated he had been dead approximately 8-10 hours. Police found the traces of fighting had occurred, with water bottles scattered around the room. There was blood all over the floor from the victim’s bleeding nose and mouth.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/03/06/russian-strangled-by-belt-in-soi-buakhao-room/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-03-06

Thai new paper report a little extra info that the OP ommits.

e.g Mr Komarov is a manager of an architect firm. In the room where the crime took place a soft drink bottle was found smashed, on the victims bed were lying several comdoms and collected as evidence. Some blood was found on the bed and pillows. Whilst the victim's moblie phone, credit cards and travel documentation where all found inside the room, the victims wallet was missing and no cash was found [standard procedure].

The staff at the hotel described Mr. Komarov as a man that goes out doing the usual Pattaya thing. Gets drunk and brings Thai female company back to his room. The staff also state that they have observed Mr Komarov. Outside of this the victim was also observed with both Thai and Forieners in his room during his stay.

Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim. They have narrowed the motive for murder down to 3 possiblities. 1 : Fight/ argument with another party. 2 : robbery and 3 : Doing somebody's g/f.

Link containing this additinal info below is in Thai.

http://www.komchadluek.net/detail/20130306/153274/%E0%B8%86%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%81.%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8B%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A3.%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B2.html

Thank you for the additional information and the link.

It clearly says "Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim."

Does that imply that the deceased was large, as many Russians are? If so, then the killer might not have been a Thai? Unless there was more than one?

If I'm in a struggle for my life like that and pumped full of adrenaline, the assailant is going to need some power to keep that belt around my neck and strangle me with it.

Or, there was also a smashed soft drink bottle. Would that account for the blood? Could that knock a guy out? If so, why such a struggle that the belt buckle was torn from the belt?

Maybe they will report the rest of the story.

I want the movie

Russian man get's violently murdered.

Brits: He's a spy!

Germans: He is Mafia!

Americans: He is a Mafia Spy!!!

Russians: He slept with the wrong woman and the husband didn't like it.

Thai: It's suicide

Haha,, I agree

e.g Mr Komarov is a manager of an architect firm. In the room where the crime took place a soft drink bottle was found smashed, on the victims bed were lying several comdoms and collected as evidence. Some blood was found on the bed and pillows. Whilst the victim's moblie phone, credit cards and travel documentation where all found inside the room, the victims wallet was missing and no cash was found [standard procedure].

The staff at the hotel described Mr. Komarov as a man that goes out doing the usual Pattaya thing. Gets drunk and brings Thai female company back to his room. The staff also state that they have observed Mr Komarov. Outside of this the victim was also observed with both Thai and Forieners in his room during his stay.

Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim. They have narrowed the motive for murder down to 3 possiblities. 1 : Fight/ argument with another party. 2 : robbery and 3 : Doing somebody's g/f.

http://www.komchadluek.net/detail/20130306/153274/%E0%B8%86%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%81.%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8B%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A3.%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B2.html

It clearly says "Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim."

Does that imply that the deceased was large, as many Russians are? If so, then the killer might not have been a Thai? Unless there was more than one?

If I'm in a struggle for my life like that and pumped full of adrenaline, the assailant is going to need some power to keep that belt around my neck and strangle me with it.

Or, there was also a smashed soft drink bottle. Would that account for the blood? Could that knock a guy out? If so, why such a struggle that the belt buckle was torn from the belt?

The only way it could have been a Thai is if there were about six of them.

• Like 1

Tourist ??? He sure did well to P somebody off well and good in the 3 weeks he was in Pattaya. From the dicription of the crime seen and injuries to the victim it doesn't fit into a local's MO. Can I have an eachway bet that the assailant is one of his own ?

You don't have to be long in the realm to p*ss someone off. It could easily happen within a few hour of touching down at the airport.

You're right. Last year I came back from the US and arrived after midnight. I finally got up to the immigration officer and she took about five minutes to finish stamping my passport. After she finished I asked her in Thai "are you new at this job"? If looks could kill I would have been dead on the spot. She asked me in a very loud and impolite voice if I had a problem with her and of course I said no.

You won't last long in this country with an attitude like that, especially where immigration is concerned.

Another 'tourist' finding his demise in sin city. I guess it makes headlines... Lucky I suppose one of the bar fly's did not end up the same way. Who knows what went down, it's all speculation - could simply be he didn't pay for a girl and she returned with her Thai pimp/boyfriend who exacted revenge. Was there no balcony?

may be there was a balcony, but he was not drunk to "jump"

one thing in the OP i find little strange is that he was bleeding from eyes, strangled people do not bleed from eyes

Do you even strangle...? Yes it does happen often when it is pretty damn brutal. If you don't believe me go and try it for yourself, takes at least 90 seconds often 2-3 minutes though,

do i even strangle? no sorry i do not go around strangling peoplerolleyes.gif

I do not believe you, you want to go strangle myself and see how exactly? from heaven?whistling.gif

Another 'tourist' finding his demise in sin city. I guess it makes headlines... Lucky I suppose one of the bar fly's did not end up the same way. Who knows what went down, it's all speculation - could simply be he didn't pay for a girl and she returned with her Thai pimp/boyfriend who exacted revenge. Was there no balcony?

one thing in the OP i find little strange is that he was bleeding from eyes, strangled people do not bleed from eyes

Do you even strangle...? Yes it does happen often when it is pretty damn brutal. If you don't believe me go and try it for yourself, takes at least 90 seconds often 2-3 minutes though,

do i even strangle? no sorry i do not go around strangling peoplerolleyes.gif

I do not believe you, you want to go strangle myself and see how exactly? from heaven?whistling.gif

I was being sarcastic, also your bottom line of text made no sense to me.. :/ But no people do often have blood vessels bursting in their eyeballs after a strangulation if it is brutal enough, in this case it would seem whoever did it really was pissed off and wanted this guy dead no two ways about it.

They assumed the victim’s killer must have been similar in size and strength to the victim, because he had died while fighting.

So if the victims was in such a vicious fight then would it be safe to say there is another individual out and about with some serious and unexplainable injuries ?

Always a good idea to be intentionally rude to an immigration officer, did you think that she had to process you especially quickly?

Your attitude probably wouldn't have helped the others in line behind you get through any quicker either, so well done.

C'mon. You got to admit that they are a sour bunch at airport immigration. They don't exactly welcome you into their country with a big " Thai Smile". saai.gif

• Like 1

The only way it could have been a Thai is if there were about six of them.

Right on dude. clap2.gif

it does not matter if he upset someone or not , if he was Russian does not matter , he was murdered and we can all think something .... but he might have been a father or someones son .

RIP and condolences to family

• Like 1

I hate to ask how you know this.

Maybe he is a serial killer and strangling is his M.O.thumbsup.gif

Just kidding no offence intended.

How I know what??

Maybe he is a serial killer and strangling is his M.O.:thumbsup:

Just kidding no offence intended.

Shhhhhh......do not give out my MO :)

• Like 1

Wrong. If you are not up to speed with what you are talking about then a quick google search will surfice and you will learn that bloodshot eyes [ subconjunctival hemorrhages ] is one of the main syptoms of strangulation.

blood shot eyes not bleeding from the eyes. I guess you missed that class at special investigation school.

Any good CSI would know this..............poster's to this story should get thier fact's correct and not SPECULATE

I am no medical expert and yes blood vessels do burst giving "red eyes" but OP said bleeding from eye and ears, if correct reporting that

do i even strangle? no sorry i do not go around strangling people:rolleyes:

I do not believe you, you want to go strangle myself and see how exactly? from heaven?:whistling:

I was being sarcastic, also your bottom line of text made no sense to me.. :/ But no people do often have blood vessels bursting in their eyeballs after a strangulation if it is brutal enough, in this case it would seem whoever did it really was pissed off and wanted this guy dead no two ways about it.

am no medical expert and yes blood vessels do burst giving "red eyes" but OP said bleeding from eye and ears, if correct reporting that may mean an internal trauma for blood to come out from eyes and ears.

Do not forget vessels do not have that much blood pressure to break through the eyes for blood to keep on running

Wrong. If you are not up to speed with what you are talking about then a quick google search will surfice and you will learn that bloodshot eyes [ subconjunctival hemorrhages ] is one of the main syptoms of strangulation.
blood shot eyes not bleeding from the eyes. I guess you missed that class at special investigation school.
Any good CSI would know this..............poster's to this story should get thier fact's correct and not SPECULATE

So you are a good CSI?