Where Can I Buy A Trailer For My Car?

thelongshoot

Hello. Looking for a trailer for my pick up truck, preferably one with actual sides and a roof. I guess if I said imagine a small horse trailer?

Its just to put my motorbike in the back when I want to haul it off on holidays and stuff but would find it usefull for other stuff, so one that has walls and a roof would be great. Also, anywhere in HH I can have an actual tow bar fitted?

Many thanks

TLS

Sorry but i can't help but I was just thinking the other day i have not seen many trailers in Thailand , not like in Oz anyway. Maybe they are too hard to reverse with or drive with in narrow streets . Maybe you will need to go to an engineering shop and get one made to your specs.

TLS. Why don't you put the bike on the back of the truck?

I had a carryboy top up fitted. big mistake realy. Now I can just about get the bike in the back but with some massive messing around (including letting the tires down lol) it was 35K for the top up so Its staying.

Thanks all for your replies. The carryboy trailers look mega money.... Its pretty much like buying half a car! The Respo ones look like a better option. I do know a local steel shop that are always knocking up cages and displays but i dont know if i trust them with something that needs to bomb along behind me at 100KMH

I didnt realise you needed to insure/register a sodding trailer is that right? Jesus if thats the case what a pain in the arse!

Also, as far as I know, tow bars are often a one off manufacture, including the tow ball...

Much better if you can find a Pre-manufactured, brand name one for you vehicle, in Th or import it.

Download the trailer design from the Interwebs and get it made...

Sorry but i can't help but I was just thinking the other day i have not seen many trailers in Thailand , not like in Oz anyway. Maybe they are too hard to reverse with or drive with in narrow streets . Maybe you will need to go to an engineering shop and get one made to your specs.

I'll go so far as to say I don't recall even seeing one trailer on the road. Heck, how often do you even see a trailer hitch in LOS?

I'll go so far as to say I don't recall even seeing one trailer on the road. Heck, how often do you even see a trailer hitch in LOS?

Yes, almost never, apart from upcountry converted pickup beds with wheels (unlicensed). As mentioned above, the tax and licensing is prohibitive in Thailand, and therefore there is no trailer industry per se. Not sure why?

*though I have seen some advertised on various classified, custom-made I believe. Expensive.

Edited by keemapoot

I know a couple of guys who have/had trailers for the same reason as the OP (transporting bikes from their homes, to areas where they want to ride). Both of them were custom made in a place in Udon Thani, including the hitch...

Sorry, I couldn't get details if I tried, because I am no longer in contact with either of the guys...

trailers seem to get more-and-more popular in thailand.

respo was mentioned already, there is winner in udon, german trailer in pattaya and upbeat in bkk.

google will find the related websites easily.

tax and compulsory is a minor amount.

i hope to get my bike trailer delivered next week.

Edited by georgy

Going slightly away from the original post but is it legal to remove the pick up tray and replace with a flat tray ? I have seen the TATA pick ups with flat trays and in Oz they would outnumber the older pickup backs as more can be put on a flat tray back and a are lot more practical for work. . Not so good for passengers tho . They will have a harder time trying not to slide off at 120 k down the free way..

Edited by xen

From the info I gathered, you are free to get your own trailer custom made but it has to be certified by an engineer and then registered by the ministry of transport. Realistic if both people in charge of the paperwork are your brother-in-laws and you're in good terms. Otherwise, the typical lottery begins here.