Importing Household Goods - Customs Form 99/1

tpop

Hi all

on this page from Thai customs is mentioned Customs Form 99/1

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/individuals/importing+used+or+secondhand+household+effects/importingusedsecondhandhouseholdeffects+

DocumentS
  • An Import Declaration (Customs Form No. 99/1);
  • A passport;

but can i find a copy of this form?

well actually i can find a sample that is part of a document that explains all the required fields but it is not suitable for printing and filling out

does anyone know where such a blank form might be downloaded?

cheers

tpop

...does anyone know where such a blank form might be downloaded?...

To the best of my knowledge Customs Form 99/1 is not available for download. A specimen is shown here on pages 13-14:

http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/markets/export_refunds/forms/th.pdf

with an English explanation of the fields to fill in on pages 11-12

...does anyone know where such a blank form might be downloaded?...

To the best of my knowledge Customs Form 99/1 is not available for download.

a couple of hours of searching certainly suggests you are correct

i suspect that it is either a numbered form (ie a certificate) or used by only a limited set of people - customs on the one hand and professional importers on the other - perhaps the importers just know where to get them or perhaps most if not all importers are registered in the eCustoms system and are only doing digital document transfer

but it is a form that must be filled out and provided to customs if you do not qualify for an eCustoms account

the question is - how does one find a copy of that form?

i'll ask someone in Thailand to go get me one

:-)

p

pop

Customs form 99/1 is availible for proffessional forwarders. I believe that they do not want private people running around down there...

I use that "form" often of course...

Glegolo

so who fills in the details?

and who provides it to whom in the first instance?

and if the form is filled out in error who is responsible at law for the error?

p

See points 58 and 59 of the translation. Looking at the form it is obviously the clearing agent in Thailand who needs to fill out the form, based on details you provided at the time of shipment, but with his signature the importer takes responsibility for the accuracy of the information on the form. An accurate description of every item in the shipment will help the clearing agent assign the correct Thai customs tariff number to each item and calculate the amount of customs duty. If the importer is knowledgeable about import procedures and can read Thai he can verify some details on the form, for the rest he has to trust the agent he designates for clearing his shipment. If the importer does not designate an agent and/or the shipper does not specify this agent on the bill of lading, I believe the shipping company will assign the clearing to its standard agent but Glegolo or another representative of a shipping or clearing agent will be able to give clearer information.

Sent from my Android tablet

I just realised that this topic is in the wrong forum and I am now moving it from the forum "Thai visas, residency and work permits" to the subforum "Business Services & Information", as it is about export and import, not about visas and work permits.