Yingluck Slammed For Changing Clothes Too Many Times In One Day

webfact

Yingluck slammed for changing clothes too many times in one day
By Coconuts Bangkok

y.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- As the head of Thailand’s government, Yingluck Shinawatra is tasked with representing her nation, cabinet and party at public events. In addition to achieving certain political ends, looking elegant is another requirement of her job.

However, Yingluck came under fire this Tuesday for making what some described as excessive changes to her wardrobe. Critics of Yingluck’s behavior pointed out that Thailand was facing an electricity shortage. Wearing too many outfits in a matter of 24 hours would mean that undo resources might be devoted to her dry-cleaning.

Her Tuesday clothing schedule was as follows:

9am: Yingluck started off the day with a grey Thai silk shirt and skirt of the same color, which she wore to meet with Miss Grand Thailand 2013 candidates and officials from the Ministry of Social Development and Social Security.

12pm: After lunch, she changed to a shirt in pink and yellow stripes with a red skirt to attend the 23th anniversary event of Khaosod newspaper.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/04/11/yingluck-slammed-changing-clothes-too-many-times-one-day

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-04-12

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth to this story or not it does seem Yingluck puts more into looking good in public than to her job, well that's when she's actually in the country. I suppose it doesn't matter too much though as she's only a puppet anyway

I will say that she could have avoided all this by having multiple copies of the same outfit, and therefore she can look fresh without looking like she changed cloths. Like I believe most other politicians do in the more developed countries.

Most politicians in developed countries have multiple copies of the same clothes to look 'fresh'? smile.png Really?

Oh please, people will attack her about anything. Now it is attacking her for dressing to suit a particular event. To stop all the whiners and detractors maybe she should just dress in jeans 24/7 oh no wait then people will complain because she doesn't dress to suit the occassion.

Is she any different when it comes to this compared to any other official in any other place of the world? Julia gillard probably changes her clothes more time per day than Yingluk does.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

is this a genuine article? did someone miss out the satire tag under the headline?

Probably written with envy by somebody who can't afford clothes.

They should phone the call centre instead, and aid to lift them from poverty will be immediately dispatched.

• Like 2

Truth to this story or not it does seem Yingluck puts more into looking good in public than to her job, well that's when she's actually in the country. I suppose it doesn't matter too much though as she's only a puppet anyway

Your comment is as petty, snide and bitchy as the best of them . . . well done.

Shades of neo-cons pouncing on Michelle Obama for everything she did/does . . .

• Like 1

I don't see any quotes from Thais, especially important political leaders, 'slamming' anything. Seems like a fluff article, either solely to create controversy and draw page hits, or designed to deflect criticism by characterizing critics as superficial.

• Like 1

Nowhereman60, on 12 Apr 2013 - 07:49, said:

How many times does Abhisit change his underwear daily.

Exactly ! I have never heard anyone question the dress sense or lack of it of male politicans anywhere in the world.

Does anyone ask how many times Thaksin changes his bullet proof mudmee silk shirt every day?

Edited by jalansanitwong

Maybe she sweats a lot.

Yes, maybe we should give a break. Maybe she has a body order problem. laugh.png

I haven't seen a woman yet that wasn't obsessed with her appearance.

Edited by Markaew

Come on folks. PM Y is low lying fruit. You dont have to invent stuff to criticize of her.

She does fine on her own.blink.png

Coming up with this kind of sh*t only reduces the impact of legitimate concerns, and reduces the credibility of the reporting.

Hell i change cloths 2 - 3 times a day just because of musk and sweat. If you don't, i hope you buy antiperspirant and deodorant in bulk!

I will say that she could have avoided all this by having multiple copies of the same outfit, and therefore she can look fresh without looking like she changed cloths. Like I believe most other politicians do in the more developed countries.

The problem with that idea is it would greatly have cut down her shopping time.