Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Unbelievably poor refereeing here.

Inconsistent and for the penalty simply blind.

Sympathy to you lot for suffering this muppet today.

Yes, he had a perfect position for the 'penalty', the exact right angle to see it wasnt a penalty. What was the difference between the Shelvey tackle and the Van Persie tackle? Well except that Shelvey won the ball! I think muppet is an insult to muppets!!

• Like 1

Rush of blood from Shelvey in a silly area of the pitch...same rush from the ref....the scousers should be two up at least.

Borini looks sharp today...Man Yoo's midfield are on holiday!

Wasnt a red card, no way.

As for Borini!! Sorry, I dont rate him. Gets in good positions, but doesnt look a natural finisher to me.

Problem is, I dont see United being as bad in the second half, and playing against 10 men, will make it easier for them.

Or maybe not!!clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

clap2.gifclap2.gif Bitter cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Rush of blood from Shelvey in a silly area of the pitch...same rush from the ref....the scousers should be two up at least.

As for Borini!! Sorry, I dont rate him. Gets in good positions, but doesnt look a natural finisher to me.

Problem is, I dont see United being as bad in the second half, and playing against 10 men, will make it easier for them.

Or maybe not!!clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

clap2.gifclap2.gif Bitter cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I wanted Liverpool to win, I admit.

They deserved to win for sure, United were poor.

Not bitter, mate, but it amazes me when I see Referee performances like that!! And if you dont see it, then you must be wearing your red nose specs againrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

How come we always see Liverpool bosses complain about the referees decisions, Kenny did it last time, Brendan is starting already, is it a thing with the big clubs, I have hardly heard Big Sam complain about decisions.

The Suarez penalty was a not one, nor for that matter was the Valencia one, the red card could have been a yellow and a talking to, the RVP tackle was a yellow as well.

The table does not lie, don't always blame the ref, start looking at the players you have had out there.

How come we always see Liverpool bosses complain about the referees decisions, Kenny did it last time, Brendan is starting already, is it a thing with the big clubs, I have hardly heard Big Sam complain about decisions.

The Suarez penalty was a not one, nor for that matter was the Valencia one, the red card could have been a yellow and a talking to, the RVP tackle was a yellow as well.

The table does not lie, don't always blame the ref, start looking at the players you have had out there.

I watched the game with a load of Liverpool fans in a bar in Jomtien. Being an Everton fan I was hoping for a draw, of course, but I thought Shelvey made a reckless challenge and deserved to go. That view didn't go down well.

Unlike that Munt Suarez, who went down like a crack whore at every opportunity.

Ironically, when he did decide to stay on his feet, he was incredibly dangerous, even after being fouled. Why he doesn't do that more often, now his card has been marked, I don't know.

All the Liverpool fans moaned about the ref, like they'd suddenly forgotten every outrageous decision they've ever benefited from. Like last year when Jack Rodwell got sent off for an alleged foul on Diver Suarez, in a game Liverpool went on to win 2-0, but Rodwell had his red card subsequently rescinded.

Shelvey won't get that one rescinded,. He's starting to look like Joey Barton - impetuous and likely to get sent off, to the detriment of his team.

Needless to say, none of the above endeared me to the bitter Reds I watched the game with. But fair points all.

• Like 2

It was a clear red card.

OK but then so was Van Persies. That's why he legged it 100 yards down the pitch to get out of the way

and a clear pen.

Clear pens don't get played over and over and over again on tv, to see if there was even the slightest of contact. Lets just be honest and admit he conned the ref. City are starting to build a football academy whilst United have been concentrating on a diving academy.

• Like 1

MrB, every incident in the area now gets played over and over and over.

There is clear contact. A foul has been committed ergo it;s a pen.

Van P got 100 yards away because advantage was played.

I suppose you think Silva, Tevez, Dzeko, Toure and Aguero never go down easy. Diving is part of the game now - love it or hate it - yet when it benefits another team I never hear the bile.

In this case though it was a pen, contact is made and it brings Valencia down. End of.

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 2

MrB, every incident in the area now gets played over and over and over.

There is clear contact. A foul has been committed ergo it;s a pen.

Van P got 100 yards away because advantage was played.

I suppose you think Silva, Tevez, Dzeko, Toure and Aguero never go down easy. Diving is part of the game now - love it or hate it - yet when it benefits another team I never hear the bile.

In this case though it was a pen, contact is made and it brings Valencia down. End of.

Cloud cuckoo land there. Its a dive of the first order from every angle. Pathetic.

Strange how it is the bitters and the spuds that are really upset about United winning at Anfield clap2.gif

Smokie is trolling coffee1.gif

I've simply said the ref got the decision wrong. Another vote for video replays in my book.

Smokes only gets like this prior to losing to us. It will pass ;)

I dont think its a top four thing. Pulis and Pardew would give the arch-exponents of whingeing (Wenger and SAF) a run for their money!

Strange how it is the bitters and the spuds that are really upset about United winning at Anfield clap2.gif

Smokie is trolling coffee1.gif

I've simply said the ref got the decision wrong. Another vote for video replays in my book.

Seemed obvious to me that he clipped Valencia's heels, he was going down well before the desperate lunge round the front.

Call it what it actually was: Crap defending.

Great piece in the Telegraph about Liverpool, i can see the Telegraph getting banned on merseyside.

http://www.telegraph...f-grandeur.html

That's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Some jumped up toe-rag blogger writes nothing about nothing in 1000 words or less.

"Being Liverpool" was made for an American audience to create "brand awareness" in an "American Way"

Personally i don't like the idea as a fan, but I don't own the club and if it buys us an player next season then it will have done its job.

Edited by BangrakBob

It was a clear red card and a clear pen.

Liverpool fans will always moan but when they see MOTD2 they'll calllllllm daen......

I think it was a red card for both players. Both went in two footed both made contact. Shelvey was too hot headed and Evans has previous of doing the exact same challenge. Then the Evans' challenge was labelled dangerous by all and sundry, today both should have gone. Yep it was a desperation challenge by Johnson who showed great determination to make up for a disaster up the park, but a penalty for the challenge is ridiculous. If you want to give penalties for that kind of contact then Suarez should have been given one too.

I enjoyed the game though, it was good to see United being out played by us and I really do think the team are starting to play much better, great to see a much improved SG. Now we have to see what we can do with all the injuries.....God I hope Carra doesn't get back as a regular, or Enrique, lets have the young guns on the pitch.

• Like 1

I've heard so many say it's a red card for both players.

I'm not saying that's wrong but have you ever seen a ref give a red card to two opposing players on the same challenge? Usually he's gonna pick one as the winner and one as the loser if it it's a nasty looking 50/50. I've watched thousands and thousands of hours of football in the last 8 years especially and I've never seen that happen. But if anyone honestly can show me a case, I'm all ears. I'm just saying I've not seen it happen and so I'm always curious when I see it bandied about. Watched the match on LFC TV and I think it was Gary Gillespie was saying the same thing, that it could have been red for both.

People were saying the same when Fellaini and Kyrgiakos both came in with two feet in the derby and Fellaini stamped on Kyrgiakos but the referee chose one to go off and it was the Liverpool player.

It's just if the ref blows the whistle it's gonna be one player fouling another and he's going to go one way or the other.

Anyway, at first I thought he'd give him a yellow card given it's the derby and this ref is known for not wanting to send players off but there you go, you never know what's going to happen.

That said we still went ahead with 10 men and I was thinking it would be a famous victory. Their first goal was just a great finish but I think it could have been avoided with better team defending. Once Rafael passed it off right before he got the return ball three Liverpool players were going to the ball when only one or two at most needed to go. Allen should have tracked Rafael's run and not allowed him to get so free. It was a momentary lapse and we suffered.

Then on the second goal Suso gave the ball away needlessly and it was just a calamity of errors from there. Ex-Liverpool player M. Lawrenson who never seems to have anything good to say about Liverpool on MOTD2 said the referee got it all right on the key decisions (not saying I agree) but he did have a point that Johnson did go in and push him in the back from behind and from the ref's viewpoint it does look like he's shoved him over, I have to say. It was rash and the problem is he gave the ref a decision to make.

Anyway, we always seem to have decisions go against us or just make one or two stupid individual errors every match and get punished for them every time of late. We need to be a bit more lucky and the players have got to cut out those mistakes. Rodgers' Swansea team was good in defense and I think we can be under him but we've just got to cut out individual errors, in my opinion.

I was quite encourage by the performance, however. Great performance and we dominated the first half without a doubt. The red card changed everything. I think if it hadn't happened we would have been likely winners. Even Ferguson said they were poor on the day. He knows that this time at least, it was a smash and grab and that they were outplayed.

But that's football, aye. Controversy on the pitch never hurt anyone. I'm getting tired of losing and giving up goals like this but I think we can turn it around as the last two matches in the league we've played well. Just need to be more ruthless in front of goal if we're going to keep conceding silly goals.

Edited by Jimjim
  • Like 2

Borini's still quite young. Too soon to judge him in a Liverpool shirt, that's for sure. He had a decent strike rate in Serie A, which isn't too shabby a league I hear. And I believe he played in a similar type of role there.

Fans always want to judge players the minute they set foot on the pitch for a new club. Just give him time. He'll score more goals. Already has one for us in Europa League qualifiers and it was a great finish.

Think he's still finding his feet for us to be honest. Too early to tell.

Borini's still quite young. Too soon to judge him in a Liverpool shirt, that's for sure. He had a decent strike rate in Serie A, which isn't too shabby a league I hear. And I believe he played in a similar type of role there.

Fans always want to judge players the minute they set foot on the pitch for a new club. Just give him time. He'll score more goals. Already has one for us in Europa League qualifiers and it was a great finish.

Think he's still finding his feet for us to be honest. Too early to tell.

I'd agree, Borini is starting look a little bit better each match.

Sadly, only you and the red half of Liverpool seem to think this. Even Lawrenson said the ref had it right on both occasions....which made me spill me ale....

lawrenson's an idiot though who seems to actively hate the club that made him famous. he's an appalling pundit who thinks that his job - which should be informed comment and some level of 'analysis' - consists of making crap puns and snide comments. he's a disgrace.

• Like 1

Sadly, only you and the red half of Liverpool seem to think this. Even Lawrenson said the ref had it right on both occasions....which made me spill me ale....

lawrenson's an idiot though who seems to actively hate the club that made him famous. he's an appalling pundit who thinks that his job - which should be informed comment and some level of 'analysis' - consists of making crap puns and snide comments. he's a disgrace.

I quite like him except for his overt Liverpool BIAS!

Anyway, like last season you're playing well against top sides, but next weekend you have to come away with 3 points against Norwich, and to have played well, to see if the Rodgers Revolution is working.

I quite like him except for his overt Liverpool BIAS!

he's anti-liverpool. a preston supporter who gets abuse from liverpool supporters every time he sets foot in the city these days. hugely unpopular and frankly horrible man he is.

I don't think he necessarily horrible. from what i've seem he's just a tit that happened to be a very good footballer.