Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Big match today boys, some interesting results yesterday making this a great opportunity to gain some ground, thanks to Wigan and Fulham....not going to thank you United that will never happen, I'm incapable I'd still rather have seen Arsenal win or at least get a draw, wish we had have played the gooners yesterday they were a shower.

Anyway here's to Demba Ba's shin being very sore this morning!

From a neutrals point of view Thought it was a great game to watch,both teams were totally going for it. Suarez was the star, great goal, and coloccine totally lost it <deleted> was that challenge !!, imo 100% deliberate, verging on assault and very lucky he didnt break his leg deserves more than the standard ban. And you just lack a cutting edge up front, when you improve there,imo, you could well be a force

• Like 1

I didn't see the game (I'm in Sam Neua in Laos) but I was delighted to read today that Suarez United saved the day for you yet again. I have said many times, he is the only thing standing between you and relegation.

How likely is it he will stay? He wants medals and glory, not mid-table scrapping. Can you see him leaving if you don't get a European place this season?

• Like 1

Wonderful goal from Luis "the diver" Suarez that was,pure class if only he would concentrate on that side of his game ....every game and keep his other antics to a minimum he will become a player you want to see more of than being the player you want to slap!

Isn't it one of life's little ironies that Brendan and Joe left for a 'bigger club' and a 'higher level', but are having to breathe the Swans' exhaust fumes? Obviously they hadn't come across the Thai nickname for 'Liverpuun', loosely translated I believe as a team that piles defeat on defeat.

Isn't there a girl in a bar somewhere you should be paying to listen to your dribble?

I was merely trying to educate you about the Thai nickname for your team. I'll leave the bar girls to you, but if you find an intelligent one ask her what 'Liverpuun' means. And it is drivel not dribble, though I think some of your lot will certainly be dribbling into your lager if you don't get a result at the Liberty.

Never heard this one, ever. Hey, maybe it's right but I've never heard it.

Do you speak Thai? In Thai, if an "l" is at the end of a word it's pronounced as an "n," which any ESL teacher finds out pretty quick as it's hard to get Thai students just learning English to pronounce "l's" at the end of words as "l's" rather than the "n" sound.

So, "Liverpoon," (or "Liverpuun") is just the normal way a Thai person would pronounce the word "Liverpool." Talked with plenty of taxi drivers who had the LFC badge all over their taxi pronounce it "Liverpoon" and not after losses or in frustration. So, I'm not really sure where you got this one. Doesn't make any sense at all to me.

That's really was a special goal from Suarez...the run, the timing, the control to trap of his shoulder (wow)and the presence to draw the keep and take it pas him and finish.

I can't think of a better goal he's scored for Liverpool, and he's scored a few amazing goals. Nothing with that amazing control to bring it down and then round the keeper, like that one. Amazing...

This feels like last season all over again, though. We are on top of teams and then can't finish them off. Can't score goals. We need players other than Suarez scoring goals. He's scored all our goals the last 3 games (except for the own goal but it came from a Suarez shot).

We need other players to step up. Gerrard can score goals and so can Sahin. Sterling probably should have scored the 2nd but he lingered just a split second too long and allowed the challenge to come in. I believe Suso can score goals too but these two young lads are just getting experience now so we can't be expecting them to set the world alight with goals at the moment.

Just frustrating for me. A shame Suarez's great form is not being rewarded with wins.

Good article from James Lawton

If anyone is listening back in America, someone with a minimum understanding of the challenge facing the man who has been entrusted with the job of reviving Liverpool, a message of some urgency needs to be absorbed very quickly.

It is that if Brendan Rodgers has recently been displaying signs of extreme frustration he has a very good reason.

He is plainly a man who understands what is required at Anfield. He knows how Liverpool should be playing and yesterday we again had evidence that he has implanted in the dressing room a powerful and at times thrilling sense of how to go about it. But it will be no good until he is given the means not to finish the job – that will surely take more than one foray into the next transfer window – but move it forward with a degree of certainty that so much of his team's work deserved.

They should have pulverised Newcastle United and you have to believe they would have done so if Rodgers had not been left so short of resources in front of goal.

It's true he has the resident genius of Luis Suarez – and whoever said that the foibles of the Uruguayan's nature ever disguised quite outstanding ability – but around the man who took his goal superbly yesterday, there is a collective failure to properly support his thrust and his astonishing control that is becoming an open-ended nightmare.

Shortly after Suarez erupted so brilliantly under the 70-yard ball of Jose Enrique to score the equaliser after 67 minutes, he produced skill almost as prodigious to lay on the easiest opportunities for Jonjo Shelvey. The response was poor and entirely in keeping with the pattern of Liverpool's campaign. Suarez is keeping it alive – yesterday's was his 10th goal of the season and his fifth in his last five Premier League games – and the idea of another suspension, the risk of which he is apparently incapable of avoiding, is surely the permanent shadow over his manager's professional life. The American owners, who are so proud of the way they returned the Boston Red Sox to some of their old glory, need to understand they have left their football manager without an asset which would be the death of any baseball field manager's hopes of a successful season.

The Fenway Sports Group, appalled by the profligacy of their first significant journey into the transfer market, have simply left their man without a bull-pen. Whatever devastation worked by the lead pitcher Suarez, Liverpool remain devoid of anything like a corps of clean-up men.

Yesterday Suarez just about completely destroyed the composure created by Yohan Cabaye's beautifully struck goal – one that for a while threatened to deliver Newcastle their first Premier League victory at Anfield in 18 years. But it was a breakthrough that lacked the underpinning of significant support. Steven Gerrard offers the threat of a dynamic intervention, Raheem Sterling continues to offer waspish brilliance, but elsewhere Rodgers can only yearn for the kind of striking potential much more evenly distributed in a team like, say, Newcastle.

In the wait for the kind of transfer moves Rodgers so desperately needed in the summer after his decision that Andy Carroll had no place in the football that he believed represented Liverpool's best chance of renewal, it is possible only to see the point made by the iconic Ian St John recently.

The man who shaped with Roger Hunt the tradition that delivered such finishers as John Toshack, Kevin Keegan, Ian Rush, Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen, said that watching the football on which Rodgers made his name was so much easier on his nervous system than anything he had seen in many years – and this was quite separate from the team's position in the league.

Yesterday Liverpool opened with an impressive surge that was something more than prettiness for its own sake but of course it would have been betrayed yet again but for Suarez's superb resolve to produce so much of the best of himself.

Curiously, some believe that to condemn the player for the copious evidence of the other side of his nature is to also disregard his potential to cement his place as one of the most gifted players in the history of the club. His work yesterday was stunning even by his own impressive standards of virtuosity. He tormented Fabricio Coloccini to the point of distraction – and the earning of a sure-fire red card. His movement unhinged the entire Newcastle defence in a few lacerating strides.

He was the player around whom any manager could hope to build an empire. However, one player never made a significant football team and it is something the Americans really need to understand. The need to put bodies into that empty bull-pen.

Edited by MrRed

president of the dutch LFC supporters' club is saying that huntelaar to liverpool is a done deal for january. that would be nice, a proper proven goalscorer in.

I hope you're right StevieH, i'm a member but i know nothing

I saw it doing the rounds on Twitter so who knows? Huntelaar is certainly dangerous in the box and had very good scoring record. I just wonder if we are not better going for someone who can play out wide and as a striker? Otherwise There will need to be some adjustment to our formation to accommodate both Suarez and Huntelaar, yes Suarez can play left or right but he is better suited central.

Kevin Sampson tweeted.

@ksampsonwriter: From lips of Liverpool F.C Dutch Branch president Michael Kennedy just now, Huntelaar is a "done deal" for LFC.

As Jim said

Very frustrating agin points wise... Dejavu all over.

The possession game we play doesn't look half as effective when we have no tempo to it (bit like the first half) but once we step up the tempo we look a different side going forward.

The right side of midfield/wing and defensive midfield still looks odd to me.

I wonder when Lucas returns, will we see Lucas and Allen holding with Gerrard deployed further forward. I think Gerrard is between mind of sitting and getting forward and when he does bomb on and we loose possession it leaves Allen with a lot of ground to cover.

I must say Sterling has been a god send, I have kind if been waiting for the lad sizzle out or have a real mare but his performances have been excellent each game, gives us for the first time in years pace and width and he gets back to cover when we don't have possession.

Big game against Chelsea won't be easy!

Gerrard has had it mate, Liverpool should have cashed him in at Chelski when they had the chance.

give over. thought he played alright myself. he's still playing way too deep though, we'd be scoring lots more goals if he was closer to suarez.

Gerrard has had it mate, Liverpool should have cashed him in at Chelski when they had the chance.

give over. thought he played alright myself. he's still playing way too deep though, we'd be scoring lots more goals if he was closer to suarez.

This is confusing me too. Why is he still so deep especially when you only have one striker. You need him right up almost second striker role

This is confusing me too. Why is he still so deep especially when you only have one striker. You need him right up almost second striker role

it's because lucas is out. think if lucas were fit both gerrard and allen would be playing 10, 20 or even (in gerrard's case) 30 yards further forward.

biggrin.png

Yeah all us Everton fans are really bitter about Liverpool right now....keep the rose-tinted spectacles handy for the rest of the season!

rose tinted spectacles? I think you've got them on with 2 wins from your last 9 matches and you're only one loss away from mid-table. If it wasn't for David Moyes you'd be in the conference.

biggrin.png

Yeah all us Everton fans are really bitter about Liverpool right now....keep the rose-tinted spectacles handy for the rest of the season!

rose tinted spectacles? I think you've got them on with 2 wins from your last 9 matches and you're only one loss away from mid-table. If it wasn't for David Moyes you'd be in the conference.

I think I'll let the league table speak for itself. You're not too bad at drawing yourselves are you? And your great long ball goal yesterday made me smile...

biggrin.png

I think I'll let the league table speak for itself. You're not too bad at drawing yourselves are you? And your great long ball goal yesterday made me smile...

I've had a word with the table and he doesn't want to get involved at this stage of the season. That was a pinpoint pass, which was then controlled with an exquisite touch and finished with champagne football style.

Yes we are very good a drawing too smile.png