Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Suarez is the most outstanding striker around at the moment, better tan vanP. Pure folly to move him around while he's got this head of steam up

How do you come to the conclusion that Suarez is playing better than RVP. Take a look at the table and then take a glance at the number of goals RVP has scored. He's argueably doing for Utd what he did for you mugs last season.

With the exception maybe of Falcao he might be the best striker in the world right now

Yep i'm actually a massive fan of Suarez, and put him right up there with the best, but his achilles heel is his temperament, and until he has totally got that sorted, and until he stops making these daft red card style tackles every other game, RVP is the better striker for me.

Actually, RVP has a bit of an aggressive nasty streak in him too, but usually manages to keep a lid. It's what Suarez needs to learn. RVP's real achille's heel is injury. Not a great deal that can be done about that one though.

I think they are totally different players. As all the regulars on here know i've long been a huge fan of Suarez but in terms of being an out and out goalscorer RVP is currently way better. Needs far fewer chances. Suarez on the other hand puts in an enormous amount of work off the ball and creating the oppotunities. And in that capacity he's out on his own. Yes i know he's scored a lot of goals, i'm just saying under the same circumstances RVP would have scored more

• Like 1

Suarez is the most outstanding striker around at the moment, better tan vanP. Pure folly to move him around while he's got this head of steam up

How do you come to the conclusion that Suarez is playing better than RVP. Take a look at the table and then take a glance at the number of goals RVP has scored. He's argueably doing for Utd what he did for you mugs last season.

With the exception maybe of Falcao he might be the best striker in the world right now

Yep i'm actually a massive fan of Suarez, and put him right up there with the best, but his achilles heel is his temperament, and until he has totally got that sorted, and until he stops making these daft red card style tackles every other game, RVP is the better striker for me.

Actually, RVP has a bit of an aggressive nasty streak in him too, but usually manages to keep a lid. It's what Suarez needs to learn. RVP's real achille's heel is injury. Not a great deal that can be done about that one though.

I think they are totally different players. As all the regulars on here know i've long been a huge fan of Suarez but in terms of being an out and out goalscorer RVP is currently way better. Needs far fewer chances. Suarez on the other hand puts in an enormous amount of work off the ball and creating the oppotunities. And in that capacity he's out on his own. Yes i know he's scored a lot of goals, i'm just saying under the same circumstances RVP would have scored more

I have to agree, RVP is the better striker, but Suarez is the better player. I think Suarez is getting his temperament under control. RVP will always be injury prone, reminds me of Van Basten a lot

• Like 1

Well if he's a reminder of Van Basten then he's probably the best in the world. Van Bastens one of the best ever.

Yeah, one of my favourite all time strikers, and what a team around him. I really do think RVP can be as good, but he needs to stay fit long enough (and play long enough) to prove it. To me Suarez is more like Maradonna with a much better all round game. For me he has replaced Beardsly, now we just need an Aldridge. and on and on and onbiggrin.png

Liverpool only beat Mansfield, non leaguers 1-2, poor

Not convinced about Brenden Rodgers style of play, move the ball back to front too slowly, vunerable to loosing the ball in bad area's and getting caught on the break

Sterling has potential but still light wieght, poor passer and gives the ball a lot, not a great finisher way over hyped, England squad plain stupid. Think in another year or he could come good but needs a lot of work on many aspects of his game, hope he doesn't get big headed and think he's made it

Apart from Suarez, cannot think of a decent sighing in last few years by either Rodgers or Kenny Daglish,they all seem to go backwards once they sign up

Hopefully Sturridge will realise his potential, hope Liverpool beat Man Utd, hate loosing to them, hope they get young Ince back, think he's better than Sterling, but think the young lad at Palace is better than both of them.

Rant over

nellyp - Whatever your day job, you could get a nice little earner as a clairvoyant!

To me Suarez is more like Maradonna....

Re the result last night, a 34 million quid strike force got two goals against vastly inferior opposition, so my jury's still out on the wisdom of the Sturridge overpayment,

Well if he's a reminder of Van Basten then he's probably the best in the world. Van Bastens one of the best ever.

Yeah, one of my favourite all time strikers, and what a team around him. I really do think RVP can be as good, but he needs to stay fit long enough (and play long enough) to prove it. To me Suarez is more like Maradonna with a much better all round game. For me he has replaced Beardsly, now we just need an Aldridge. and on and on and onbiggrin.png

Suarez is a terrific player and i'd love to see him in a Spurs shirt but you shouldn't really be comparing his abilities with those of Maradona.

NB comparisons to the use of the arm are very predictable and will bore me so please don't thanks.

Edited by carmine

Bit surprised that the scousers aint on here talking about winning the FA cup this year 23.gif

i'm a bit surprised more people aren't calling for suarez to be deported/hung, drawn and quartered/imprisoned in guantanamo bay.

• Like 1

Bit surprised that the scousers aint on here talking about winning the FA cup this year 23.gif

i'm a bit surprised more people aren't calling for suarez to be deported/hung, drawn and quartered/imprisoned in guantanamo bay.

I'm gobsmacked......still waiting mind

Well if he was an argentine then there would be a tabloid frenzy

• Like 1

No one wants to play on here anymore!sad.png

Don't understand why they are all so serious these days, after all "it's only a game" 4.gif

Footnote : Read something the other day about comparing them with Notts Forest, to be fair i don't really thing thats a true comparison 43.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Well if he was an argentine then there would be a tabloid frenzy

wait until mister ferguson has done his next press conference where he briefs his tame press pack. he'll have them believing that suarez's accidental handball could have caused the death of the entire population of mansfield before he's finished.

To say that Suarez is brilliant or a genius or whatever, and should be deported/hung drawn and quartered (where is the inquisition when it is really needed) or imprisoned in guantanamo bay is merely to state the trite, banal and obvious. Most non-kopites are above such populist tripe.

The main point is, with all his money why doesn't he do something about his nose and his teeth?? In my younger days anyone with a gob like that would struggle to cop off even in the Grafton or the She Club (I doubt if these places are still open or even remembered).

• Like 1

The main point is, with all his money why doesn't he do something about his nose and his teeth?? In my younger days anyone with a gob like that would struggle to cop off even in the Grafton or the She Club (I doubt if these places are still open or even remembered).

maybe he's happy as he is? his inner beauty overshadows any surface superficiality that is the realm of the shallow.

and nobody ever failed to pull in the grafton did they? if you didn't score in the grafton you might as well give it up and join the priesthood.

LOL Didn't think it would take you long to respond Stevie.

Taking a chance mentioning the priesthood lad, but my mum always told me not to discuss religion with left-footers biggrin.png

And of course nobody ever failed in the Grafton. Not me anyway. Honest.whistling.gif

Taking a chance mentioning the priesthood lad, but my mum always told me not to discuss religion with left-footers biggrin.png

And of course nobody ever failed in the Grafton. Not me anyway. Honest.whistling.gif

Are you two really expecting me to believe that Martin Skrtel could pull in the Grafton? huh.pngwhistling.gif

Can't see any Achilles heel injuries huh.png

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/van-persie/profil/spieler_4380.html

Edited by uptheos

And I never failed in the She Club. Whether I wanted to trap off or not. They were the good ol days biggrin.png

Your outed then ....that is what brought you to Thailand is it? tongue.png

I once pulled a gorgeous French girl in there called Mercedes, honest!

Just read this:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2008/10/18/end-of-an-era-as-legendary-liverpool-club-the-grafton-closes-100252-22061313/

I think they bought him because of his striking resemblance to Cilla Black.

seems mister ferguson is pulling out the big guns for sunday's game. he's been saving howard webb for the visit of liverpool but has called him up off the bench for this one.

Says the man whose team just won a match with an outrageous decision not given by the ref's mistake!

• Like 1

seems mister ferguson is pulling out the big guns for sunday's game. he's been saving howard webb for the visit of liverpool but has called him up off the bench for this one.

Says the man whose team just won a match with an outrageous decision not given by the ref's mistake!

yep, 'mistake'. genuine mistake. not outright corruption.

"Paddy Power‏@paddypower We've shortened Man Utd into 4/5 to beat Liverpool on Sunday after Howard Webb was appointed referee"