Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Well thats an interesting opinion. Problem for me discussing is my memory has faded and though not deny the case i certainly didn't realise he was rated that highly.

Shame he wasn't able to play more regularily in his best position then!

it's not winning the league that precludes gerrard from being the best ever for me. but in his defence he's not played in teams as good as those we had in the 70s and 80s where it was top or world class in every position.

yeah unfortunatly that late 70/early 80's team 4 me still rate as probably the best team i've ever seen live. no doubts 4 me they would live with the v v best of today's teams. Gerrard as best ever liverpool player!!! difficult one, but he's got to be up there, his longevity push's him further up than some.

Edited by rijit

The latest Italian superstar for Liverpool eh?

When will you lot learn....? biggrin.png

well i've learned that he's brazilian rather than italian smokie. wink.png

Blast! And cheaper than Damaio as well. Well researched Stevie....I just worry you'll end up with another dud like last time.

Your team needs the finished article rather than a risky 22 year old.....just my opinion.

you're going well smokes, Italian and now he's 2 years older biggrin.png

ESPN says he's 20. Another Brazilian who has forgotten how old he is.laugh.png

haven't read carragher's comments myself but there's definitely a very strong case for saying that gerrard is liverpool's best ever player.

If my dad were alive he'd be making a case for Billy Liddell.

He used to rave about him.thumbsup.gif

Dalgleish is hard to top, but Ian Rush did some great stuff for Liverpool too.

haven't read carragher's comments myself but there's definitely a very strong case for saying that gerrard is liverpool's best ever player.

Apparently he's doing ok out of his chain of supermarkets now !

• Like 1

He used to rave about him.thumbsup.gif

Dalgleish is hard to top, but Ian Rush did some great stuff for Liverpool too.

yeah i know arl <deleted> who would do the same for liddell. impossible for me to comment on him though.

Billy's? Never heard of it...laugh.png

I am watching Liverpool's rise up the table with interest. Piss-taking aside, they are highly resilient and can score goals, unlike <deleted> Everton.

I bet you lot wouldn't have come away with a 0-0 against new-managered Southampton this week.

Billy's? Never heard of it...laugh.png

I am watching Liverpool's rise up the table with interest. Piss-taking aside, they are highly resilient and can score goals, unlike <deleted> Everton.

I bet you lot wouldn't have come away with a 0-0 against new-managered Southampton this week.

Yep bad result that for you...what's happen to Jelavic by the way? he couldnt hit a barn door at the moment!

The table is tight from 4th down to even 9th, certainly a chance for someone to push on over the next few weeks.

Yep bad result that for you...what's happen to Jelavic by the way? he couldnt hit a barn door at the

He cost 5 million quid, and last year he was like dynamite. This year he's a damp squib. Total loss of confidence (unless he's having an Andy Ven Der Meyde-like plunge into a booze and drugs hell). We need so splash out on a proven goalscorer.

• Like 1

Yep bad result that for you...what's happen to Jelavic by the way? he couldnt hit a barn door at the

He cost 5 million quid, and last year he was like dynamite. This year he's a damp squib. Total loss of confidence (unless he's having an Andy Ven Der Meyde-like plunge into a booze and drugs hell). We need so splash out on a proven goalscorer.

andy carroll's yours for just 18m quid. you can buy him in the summer with the fellaini money. we'll even throw in stewart downing.

andy carroll's yours for just 18m quid. you can buy him in the summer with the fellaini money. we'll even throw in stewart downing.

That would probably work for us, as he'd have some motivation (to get off the treatment table).

Any thoughts on the arsenal game? I watched the 2nd half of them playing mu and thought the pace was incredible. I think we have to stop them playing at that tempo or we will be in trouble. I am hoping that we don't do what we did against united in the first half. We need to go out and have a go at them and not operate on the back foot. Start with Sturridge and Suarez, and don't let their wide men attack us all the time. Lets try to keep their wide man occupied in defense.

Any thoughts on the arsenal game? I watched the 2nd half of them playing mu and thought the pace was incredible. I think we have to stop them playing at that tempo or we will be in trouble. I am hoping that we don't do what we did against united in the first half. We need to go out and have a go at them and not operate on the back foot. Start with Sturridge and Suarez, and don't let their wide men attack us all the time. Lets try to keep their wide man occupied in defense.

oldham first. one game at a time and that.

be surprised if suarez and sturridge don't now start every match together though. we're a much more threatening proposition with them both on the pitch and sturridge seems to take some of the weight and expectancy off of luis.

Anyone that pays 18 million for Fellaini should spend a little extra on Chlorpromazine for themselves.

I've watched him a lot and I really don't get it.

Anyone that pays 18 million for Fellaini should spend a little extra on Chlorpromazine for themselves.

his buyout clause is 22m and i have no doubt that chelsea will pay it in the summer when lampard leaves. he's an excellent player fellaini, hugely effective. as flavor flav said, don't believe the height. that and his afro are a sleight of hair that distracts from how good a footballer he is.

Couthino in for £8.5 million.....another good bit of business in this window

Yeah happy this was finnaly done. Will need time this kid to adjust to the pace and power of the league but really exciting prospect... Unusual buy this for LFC but he looks to be of the same cloth as Neymar, bags of skill this lad.

• Like 1

his buyout clause is 22m and i have no doubt that chelsea will pay it in the summer when lampard leaves. he's an excellent player fellaini, hugely effective. as flavor flav said, don't believe the height. that and his afro are a sleight of hair that distracts from how good a footballer he is.

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but at 22 Million that makes it even worse (for me).

I guess I'll see you back here with egg on my face after he stars for Chelsea. wink.png

Couthino in for £8.5 million.....another good bit of business in this window

Yeah happy this was finnaly done. Will need time this kid to adjust to the pace and power of the league but really exciting prospect... Unusual buy this for LFC but he looks to be of the same cloth as Neymar, bags of skill this lad.

Best of luck with Couthino, though I'm skeptical. I watched him with Inter a while back, and unless he's improved a bunch he is still a project. Definitely not from the same cloth as Neymar IMHO. From Brazil and that's about it.

Just watched the 'red swans' crash out of the cup. The English papers say that Rogers wants to sign Ashley Williams, but I can't see Ash giving up the prospect of Wembley and Europe for Anfield. I'd expect him to stay white.

Edited by citizen33

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but at 22 Million that makes it even worse (for me).

I guess I'll see you back here with egg on my face after he stars for Chelsea. wink.png

I think Fellaini is an excellent player that is totally overpriced. he also needs to sort out his barnet.

I think Fellaini is an excellent player that is totally overpriced. he also needs to sort out his barnet.

Sorry to disagree, but IMO he is over rated and over priced......we will see.

Made a right mess of that last night...tactically, personnel the lot.

I thought we might have enough to win with Suarez and Sturridge both starting but ultimately our junior defense let us down (I blame the manager) but a few of the players I would expect better from - we looked shaky from the start until Gerrad came on and seemed to give a sense of calm and quality.

Well done Oldham btw they really deserved that.

• Like 1

they did. and if the manager is going to continue saying that his young players went onto the pitch lacking the required intensity for matches like that then he might also want to begin looking in a mirror from time to time. hugely disappointing stuff that.

• Like 1

they did. and if the manager is going to continue saying that his young players went onto the pitch lacking the required intensity for matches like that then he might also want to begin looking in a mirror from time to time. hugely disappointing stuff that.

Yeah well done Oldham. I watched it over here in the bar with an Oldham fan, he was ecstatic. However, I heard on TalkSport that it seems Dickov has crunch talks today and may be sacked. I know they are down in the division but it's a crazy world after that win.