Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

why Rhiena, why did you do that. Sturreidge is sooooooo worth the money so far

That was an excellent performance from Liverpool, and in the end we were lucky to get a draw.

Sturridge is pure class, and has been since he was a young kid at City.

Problem has always been he thinks he is better than what he is. Personally I never wanted him to leave City, but he had his agent and family p!ssing in his ear and so off he went.

I think him and Suarrez have excellent movement between them, and they are entertaining to watch. Only disappointed with his Suarez-like dive.

Well it was a great advert for the Premiership. Thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I think a draw was the right result.

Not wrong there....great game to watch....Liverpool were quality....and I haven't seen them play like that in a loooong time!

Great result that smile.png

Not just that, they also made city look ordinary so all credit for that.

And playing on after dezco went down fair play, dezco was trying to get the game stopped, it is not up to the team to put the ball out, you play to the whistle and let the ref make the decision.

• Like 1

And playing on after dezco went down fair play, dezco was trying to get the game stopped, it is not up to the team to put the ball out, you play to the whistle and let the ref make the decision.

I have not heard anybody from City saying anything about playing on.

Every interview I have heard, they have all stated it was a foul, (which it was), but that you play to the whistle, (which they didnt)

I dont have a problem with Liverpool not kicking the ball out, nor did the manager or any of the players

I have not heard anybody from City saying anything about playing on.

Every interview I have heard, they have all stated it was a foul, (which it was), but that you play to the whistle, (which they didnt)

I dont have a problem with Liverpool not kicking the ball out, nor did the manager or any of the players

Thats good to hear, i am also not convinced it was a foul, looked like a player trying to milk a foul to me, dezco should take a leaf out of auguero's book of how to stay on you feet.

Well it was a great advert for the Premiership. Thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I think a draw was the right result.

Not wrong there....great game to watch....Liverpool were quality....and I haven't seen them play like that in a loooong time!

best i've seen us play under rodgers that and a real indication of what i think he's trying to do. unlucky not to win, defensive errors cost us again and must be ironed out if we're to really kick on. sturridge, suarez, gerrard and henderson were all absolutely excellent.

• Like 1

Gutted we only got 2 points from the 2 games...

Such a difference having Enrique back and allowing Johnson to go back on the right better balance. Sturridge was the standout as others have said. Think we have missed someone who can play on the shoulder of defenders with that pace which gives our midfield better space to move into.

Lets see if we can keep this form against lesser teams where we must really get three points.

Such a difference having Enrique back and allowing Johnson to go back on the right better balance. Sturridge was the standout as others have said. Think we have missed someone who can play on the shoulder of defenders with that pace which gives our midfield better space to move into.

Lets see if we can keep this form against lesser teams where we must really get three points.

our next three are very winnable. need to convert this promise to results and points now.

best i've seen us play under rodgers that and a real indication of what i think he's trying to do. unlucky not to win, defensive errors cost us again and must be ironed out if we're to really kick on. sturridge, suarez, gerrard and henderson were all absolutely excellent.

Agree, Liverpool had City by the balls but eased their grip and paid the price.

Looks like Liverpool are coming along nicely and Sturridge is looking an excellent signing.

Looks like Liverpool are coming along nicely and Sturridge is looking an excellent signing.

having seen him play for us a few times now he's better than i gave him credit for. he's physically stronger than i thought and his first touch/head up thing is really impressive. hope he keeps on like he's started.

our next three are very winnable. need to convert this promise to results and points now.

I'm surprised that there's no talk of getting in the top four today 45.gif

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

having seen him play for us a few times now he's better than i gave him credit for. he's physically stronger than i thought and his first touch/head up thing is really impressive. hope he keeps on like he's started.

Yes i suppose i should hold my hands up too!! He's been playing very well and is a considerably better player than the one i've seen in the past.

Maybe Rodgers should take some of the credit too. The player that i am equally impressed with is Henderson. I think he's unrecognisable from last season and seems to be improving every game. He's almost like a new signing.

• Like 1

Yes i suppose i should hold my hands up too!! He's been playing very well and is a considerably better player than the one i've seen in the past.

Maybe Rodgers should take some of the credit too. The player that i am equally impressed with is Henderson. I think he's unrecognisable from last season and seems to be improving every game. He's almost like a new signing.

with henderson in particular i think it's simply an age thing. he's still a kid, got lumped with a big transfer fee and unfair expectations when he was still a nipper and it weighed on him. he's come on leaps and bounds this season and there's obviously a really good player in there.

City looked so rank for large periods of this game, I expected Liverpool to score a third when they took the lead. Definite let off for the blues, who clearly miss Yaya big time. With the Ivory Coast out of the Crap of African Nations, he'll probably be back next weekend.

I'm surprised that there's no talk of getting in the top four today 45.gif

thats next weekend!! Its funny to see gerrard being interviewed. He's always careful not to raise the bar too much. To me this shows the years of experience he has and its funny because he makes Rodgers look comparitively inexperienced. Liverpool expectations and Swansea's are kinda different!

• Like 1

thats next weekend!! Its funny to see gerrard being interviewed. He's always careful not to raise the bar too much. To me this shows the years of experience he has and its funny because he makes Rodgers look comparitively inexperienced. Liverpool expectations and Swansea's are kinda different!

i think that something around 65 points could be enough for fourth spot this season. with this new attack of ours we might get somewhere near to that but it's hard to see arsenal, spurs and chelsea not getting up to and beyond that either. we're nine points off fourth as it stands and there's only thirteen games to go.

i think that something around 65 points could be enough for fourth spot this season. with this new attack of ours we might get somewhere near to that but it's hard to see arsenal, spurs and chelsea not getting up to and beyond that either. we're nine points off fourth as it stands and there's only thirteen games to go.

I just knew it would be mentioned today 113.gif

They are only ten points off third. Where is the ambition on this thread nowadays?? biggrin.png

Would like a little trophy or a blue ribbon?

• Like 1

We just don't have the solidity do we?

Could have easily beaten both Arsenal and Man City and at their grounds but seemed to give up goals too easily at the end. Not sure what Reina was doing but really, Aguero created a goal that few could have done in that situation.

Reina was clearly disappointed in himself. Took a risk and got punished.

Disappointing to draw both of those matches after looking like we could really go on and win.

Getting tired of saying "encouraging performance" without all 3 points! But we have been playing much better of late.

Anyway...

• Like 1

I beleive at this point last year we had a similar points tally under Kenny. It was the next 5 or so games we went on that awful run points wise.

Not sure this side is consistent enough to get anything above 60-65 points. we have 13 games left with 35 points to play for but I cant see us getting higher than 6th.

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

They are only ten points off third. Where is the ambition on this thread nowadays?? biggrin.png

Not quite on this thread (well, it is now) Stevie G takes a leaf out of Brendan R's Book of Optimism

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/04/steven-gerrard-liverpool-champions-league

I beleive at this point last year we had a similar points tally under Kenny. It was the next 5 or so games we went on that awful run points wise.

Not sure this side is consistent enough to get anything above 60-65 points. we have 13 games left with 35 points to play for but I cant see us getting higher than 6th.

baring in mind the much talked about weaknesses i think sixth would represent a decent performance.

I would put this into perspective by saying it would represent a consistent improvement from the team that will be hampered by injuries. As a work in progress Rodgers should feel pleased, particularily the last couple of performances, but he also knows he's been sold short in squad strength.

I think 65 will be light for fourth. I reckon 68/69 will do. We will see!