Things That Grate On You In Pattaya....

blackman

people who need to add loads of emoticons to their post to alert the reader to the fact that the author thinks its funny/sad/rude/sarcastic whatever

what happened to the art of wordcraft?

People that just have to make an off topic comment about other people's posts.

i am the OP

i have special privileges

• Like 2

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people who need to add loads of emoticons to their post to alert the reader to the fact that the author thinks its funny/sad/rude/sarcastic whatever

what happened to the art of wordcraft?

People that just have to make an off topic comment about other people's posts.

i am the OP

i have special privileges

People that think they have special privileges because they started a thread.

• Like 2

Isn't it now fair to say that after 180 plus posts, most of the 'gripes' on here are not just Pattaya related but could be found in any part of Thailand, in fact you will find similar problems in most major cities in the world, ( apart from the smell of course, Pattaya definitely has it own special aroma).

Therefore one can now draw the conclusion ; 'Pattaya ROCKS !' thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

What really grate on me is a walk down Walking Street and seeing family with young kids walking around, talking photos, smiling as if this place is the most natural place to bring your kids along. Sometimes I wonder if Walking Street is the Disney World of Pattaya!

What grates me is the all night, open air karaoke bar in Jomtien, Theprasit Soi 7and the worthless police & staff at the Pattaya City Hall hotline # 1337.

How do the nearby developers at the The Maldives, Dusit Grand Park, Laguna, Zen Condominiums expect the buyers to get any sleep I wonder????

Buyers beware!

The lack of car / m/c parking spaces grates on me when I want to pop down to places like the Beer Garden or other places along Beach Road.

agreed, the money spent on the road widening would have been better spent on a big car park with free shuttle buses

What grates me is the all night, open air karaoke bar in Jomtien, Theprasit Soi 7and the worthless police & staff at the Pattaya City Hall hotline # 1337.

How do the nearby developers at the The Maldives, Dusit Grand Park, Laguna, Zen Condominiums expect the buyers to get any sleep I wonder????

Buyers beware!

A/ they don't care if people nearby get sleep or not _ try going to stay on a tourist beach with all night party bars sad.png

B/ It's Thailand, so buyer beware applies to EVERYTHING.

IT cafes that charge 1 baht a minute- what idiot would pay that anyway?

What? That sounds reasonable to me. 60 baht per hour in a largely tourist town.

You are obviously their target clientele then. Plenty of places all over at 30 baht/ hr, and the best one I've seen in Pattaya at 25. Up north I get it at 10 baht an hour.

The lack of car / m/c parking spaces grates on me when I want to pop down to places like the Beer Garden or other places along Beach Road.

agreed, the money spent on the road widening would have been better spent on a big car park with free shuttle buses

You obviously don't know Pattaya very well.

The baht bus drivers would soon see off any free shuttle buses, just as they have destroyed any attempt to provide a proper bus service in Pattaya.

The baht bus drivers would soon see off any free shuttle buses, just as they have destroyed any attempt to provide a proper bus service in Pattaya.

you presume far too much, i am not going to play the ''i have been here for xxx years'' card but i do know pattaya very well and i rode baht buses when it was 5 baht and you did not have to run in the opposite direction of travel to pay it

so despite my knowledge of the baht bus mafia one is allowed to dream of a rational solution to the traffic issues one sees here

IT cafes that charge 1 baht a minute- what idiot would pay that anyway?

What? That sounds reasonable to me. 60 baht per hour in a largely tourist town.

You are obviously their target clientele then. Plenty of places all over at 30 baht/ hr, and the best one I've seen in Pattaya at 25. Up north I get it at 10 baht an hour.

the price is good but to have to live upt' north to get it

no thanks

you presume far too much, i am not going to play the ''i have been here for xxx years'' card but i do know pattaya very well and i rode baht buses when it was 5 baht and you did not have to run in the opposite direction of travel to pay it

so despite my knowledge of the baht bus mafia one is allowed to dream of a rational solution to the traffic issues one sees here

Dreaming is fine smile.png

I too was here when baht buses were 5 baht, but I got the message that it had gone up when the driver threatened to "do me" when I gave him har baht w00t.gif

• Like 2

Not enough of those rich beautiful young Russians parading in swimwear inside Central Pattaya Beach Mall (actually buying stuff at those frou frou stores).

Some do, but not enough. Life is not fair!

___

People on the Pattaya forum that whine about people whining. Hey, you're on an expat forum. Do you kvetch about too much water when you're swimming in a pool?!?

I'm not Russian, but I've bought a lot of stuff at those "frou frou" stores. It helps to have a wife who is a dedicated follower of fashion though - something you don't have to concern yourself about.biggrin.png If you're really into fashion, there' s nowhere else to go.

Edited by tropo

It's annoying when I go for a relaxing massage and those very forward young ladies "accidentally" touch me.

I usually give them 20 minutes to cut it out.

i don't like that either

maybe you could let me know where it happens so i can avoid going there?

• Like 1