I'm Not Here To Sling Mud: New Thai Govt Spokesman

webfact

POLITICS
I'm not here to sling mud: new govt spokesman

Anaphat Deechuay
The Nation

30206760-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The new government spokesman said his duty was not to engage in daily political attacks but to better communicate the government's policies to the public.

Acknowledging his closeness to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, newly appointed spokesman Teerat Ratanasevi said he would focus on making her policies better understood by the people.

Teerat was speaking before leaving for Japan with Yingluck to attend "The Future of Asia" conference, where she will deliver a speech on "Investing in the Future of Asia".

'seeking to improve things'

"I think I will take part in improving the communication system of government agencies, including the use of new media and social media, as well as radio and television.

"I will look into how the news can be spread faster with more diverse content.

"When it comes to my role, I won't be responding to daily political attacks. Rather, I'll work to make complicated government policies understood more easily," he said.

He said Yingluck might have chosen him for the post as they have worked together for a long time and she appreciated his capabilities.

Teerat, a former economic reporter, said he had known Yingluck since she worked at

AIS and later he worked at Voice TV, whose executive board she chaired.

Moreover, he has worked with Yingluck on her weekly TV programme for over a year.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-23

Yet another clone. Should he actually truthfully and clearly explain the governments policies then this government would fall.

Just another wimp in the Shiniwtra clan wanting his share of the spoils.

"Rather, I'll work to make complicated government policies understood more easily," he said.

Will he have the authority to correct basic arithmetic mistakes? Or statements which blatantly contradict each other?

I'm somewhat disappointed, but I guess since k. Sunisa "where are you, Thaksin" Lertpakawat has been Deputy government spokesperson for only two months, it's difficult to justify another promotion, now to 'the government spokesperson'

According to the article he say's

"Ratanasevi said he would focus on making her policies better understood by the people."

Like the people don't understand trying to get her brother a white wash job.

At the same time file ridicules charges one after another at the Dems. Rather than going to a session of parliament and facing them.