Where To Go For A Walk With Dogs In Hua Hin ?

JohanBKK

Yup.... Bit of a sore point for me also. The soi dogs wont actualy attack you as you probably already know, but thats not the point: it disturbs the peace and quiet of a nice walk with your dog.

I gave up trying to walk my dog around here on the streets. Its too much hassle with all the dogs kicking off every few minutes. I did find a nice spot not far from my house with around 10 rai of wild over grown land adjacent to a small house. I could let my dog run around there but then one day the owner of the house, a Thai lady, came out and started going mental at me despite the fact that I always took a bag with me for poo. So that killed that.

The beach is the only option but even there you have an issue. Hua Hin beach has loads of dogs. Early in the morning there are loads of Thais who look at you like you are some kind of mental case just because you have a giant dog. Takiab beach has lots of Scandinavians who seem to share the same opinion and constantly ask you to put the dog on a leash, even though there are dozens of wild dogs NOT on a leash.

The only place you can truly have a nice walk without anyone nagging you about a leash and no wild dogs is Sea Pined Beach, just south of Takiab beach starting at the beach front golf course and walking south.

Cha-Am forrest park is nice. Around 3 or 4 miles south of Cha Am traffic lights, on the left. Its around 20 minutes to walk around the footpath that loops around the park, shaded by trees.

Sorry for the bitter sounding post but this is one point that realy drives me utterly bonkers. All I wanna do is walk my frigging dog and its always a drama.

Edited by thelongshoot