Bailed British Expat Caught Attacking A 13 Year Old Boy Near Pattaya

webfact

My god, he even gives Pedophiles a bad name! Mostly they don't beat boys or drag them around...

IF he is convicted he deserves the harshest of punishment allowed by law... however, let's wait and see, as it's entirely possible (I didn't say likely) that he's innocent.

We can't allow people to tried by media.

What? You think maybe the kid really did steal his wallet, and the fact that Tracy's out on bail on child sex charges is just a coincidence? And the other kids who complained about Tracey attempting to lure them would be lying of course.

How would you know that most pedophiles don't beat boys or tie them up? I think that's pretty common, and sex with minors isn't necessarily the benign, loving, consensual act that some would like to believe.

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a mess of an article posting!!!!

No clue whether it's the suspect or the one who reported him depicted in the photo.

And the subheadline that says the guy who reported the suspect spent the night in jail...when from all indications in the article, it was the suspect who spent the night in jail before being bailed out...again!!! And not the fellow Englishman who reported him.

Does anybody actually stay in a Pattaya jail ?? I read these endless stories of people arrested for serious crimes, and then just pop out on bail only to commit the same crime again... Well I guess it makes sense if the goal of the police is to raise money from bail money....Regarding the photo in the story, if TV wants to re-post poorly written articles from the local media, the LEAST they could do is clarify who the photo is of. If I was Mr. Booty, I would be beyond pissed off.

Fortunately I have no first hand knowledge of police procedures in Thailand, unlike some posters here who seem to be surprisingly well versed, but do the police set and collect bail or is that the prerogative and responsibility of the courts?

What a mess of an article posting!!!!

No clue whether it's the suspect or the one who reported him depicted in the photo.

And the subheadline that says the guy who reported the suspect spent the night in jail...when from all indications in the article, it was the suspect who spent the night in jail before being bailed out...again!!! And not the fellow Englishman who reported him.

I agree!! These horrid little pseudo-journalistic attempts are atrocious. It looks like this FM 103 thingy is trying hard to join the ranks of Pattaya one News and Pattaya Daily News. Can you imagine how quickly these awful e-rags would be shut down in the civilized world? The number of lawsuits against them would keep a team of lawyers busy for years.

Edited by Wavefloater

Looks like Michael Caine. Seriously though the headline seems all wrong as it reads that the man who reported the incident spent the night in jail. " A businessman spent the night in jail having been reported by ... " ?

Yes a very misleading headline, more slapdash journalism just to get the story out.

Everyone is complaining about the accuracy of the reporting, yet keep quoting the above incorrect post. Nowhere does the OP or newspaper article say Booty "spent the night in jail",

Read it again, it says he spent the night in the police station. I agree that his photo should not appear and may cause confusion, as others have stated.

edit:type

Edited by silverhawk_usa

Very bad reporting and very bad of TV to post it without clarification of who is in the photo.

Reporting the name and photo of the guy that complained just means less people will be minded to do the same next time for fear of reprisals. It's quite odd.

How about photos etc of the bad guy.

I'm surprised that Thaivisa now at once isn't worried anymore about the strict defamation laws in Thailand. The picture in the OP with the remark that this man is a sex offender, while in fact he is the one who reported it, would be an easy case for a lawyer if it ever went to court.

• Like 1

Good on Mr and Mrs Booty for acting. When confronted with such a situation, many would just look the other way so as not to be labelled busybody, or a prude who thinks the worse of "innocent" situations.

Yes, kudos to the pair of them for their actions and for the restraint shown by Mr. Booty for not taking matters into his own hands and ending up in trouble. It does seem strange though that they were named; perhaps to recognize their actions?

Anyway, IMHO, there is little better than a couple of nice Bootys to brighten up my day...............rolleyes.gif

Edited by chrisinth

I agree with most readers; the editor has displayed a very poor effort in putting over the facts of the matter. The good thing is a westerner took action, where sadly most Thais would simply look the other way. Ok the right action has been taken as in reporting and the arrest; now send him to court and if guilty put him in a prison where other inmates have access to teach him what interfering with children really means.

A British Businessman spent the night in Sattahip Police station, after reporting another Englishman for assault on a 13 year old schoolboy.

What this is telling me is that Lee Booty spent the night in jail becasue he reported Andrew Tracy for what Mr. Booty suspected was a crime; i.e. beating a boy, in a remote bush, and dragging him with what appeared to be a belt around his neck.

Can reporting get any more galactically idiotic?

And regarding foreign pedophiles getting caught in the act; is it only myself, or are there others out there who marvel at how Thai boys in particular rarely, if ever, report to the police themselves until the police apprehend the suspect and an issue is made out of it? That beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money.

This in itself almost has the stench of these little prostitutes seeing their cash cow being snatched away and immediately wanting to cash in on another one of their lesser favorite past times; popularity inspired by that underlying motive of greed.

Whilst I agree with all the self-righteous rantings about what should be done to these damaged individuals who prey on children, I cannot in good conscience leave it lying there.

When the "prey" knowingly and willfully place themselves within the hands of the "predator" again and again, without being able to provide any evidence that they are being confined, secretly hidden away from society and forced to commit atrocities or have atrocities committed on their little bodies, then I begin to wonder if it has been stamped upon their little heathen consciousness that what they are willfully doing is wrong. For them to knowingly, willfully and eagerly market their bodies with the support and nurturing of their families and community, they all do not seem to understand in their heathen ways that when they mature into adults that Thai society, as a whole, will corrode even further by their mere presence and participation in it. Again, that beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money.

I cannot believe for one instance that the Thai adults in the immediate community are ignorant of the goings on of foreigners who trespass their environment without any legal or legitimate purpose, and who are often seen in their midst demonstrating an obscenely large amount of attention to the children of these Thai adults. That beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money. I can't find a bush to piss behind without a Thai somewhere gawping at me. There is nothing kept secret in Thailand.

I also cannot believe for one instance that these Thai adults are ignorant of the scum Thai men and women who inhabit their environment and small community with the sole purpose of recruiting little girls and boys for the purpose of sexual gratification for Thais and foreigners alike. Thais know their neighbors better than the police databases throughout the kingdom. That beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money.

What I do believe is that many small Thai communities are fully aware of this type of trafficking and their feeble minded cultural tolerates it with Buddhist-type yearnings of hope for a few Thai bahts if nothing more. Or, perhaps their sense of Kreung Jai forbids them from disrupting some poor, ignorant soul's path to Nirvana. Again, Thai Buddhism at work making vulnerable children unsafe and turning them into future disasters for Thai society reaching self-actualization. That beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money.

Admitting your crime and pleading for mercy after you are caught is about as disingenuous as shouting "victim" after the fact, when in fact there was nothing stopping you from doing it all along. But... WHY did you not say anything until now? yet again beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money.

But that is what it is all about with these people, isn't it? Money! Get as much as you can whilst alive, and even when you die they will purchase spirit money and burn it so you can have it in the next stinking hole you incarnate to.

This is not about pedophiles doing what they do. No! It is all bass-akwards. What it is really about is a culture that breeds the substance which attracts flies, and its willingness to turn the garbage dump into an international attraction that exists like nowhere else. After all, what could Thailand possibly offer that would compete with the rest of the world and create an attractiveness for tourists were the Thais not so tolerant on these issues? I ask you, what?

Herein is a story about the true meaning of human greed, and how it can morally decay a society to the lowest form of existence on the evolutionary scale of mankind's forward development.

The cretins so oft referred to in your post are ? Surely it is the courts who set bail so are they the cretins or is it the BIB ?

So the boys are prostitutes because they wish to bring money into the family ?

Beggars belief ? how long have you been in Thailand

• Like 2

loss of ALL monies and property given to victims,

Castration with a blunt knife,

public floggings again and again,

the hardest, dirtiest, most brutal prison,

Chemical Castration & send him back to UK with blacklisted from travel to Thailand..

Looks like Michael Caine. Seriously though the headline seems all wrong as it reads that the man who reported the incident spent the night in jail. " A businessman spent the night in jail having been reported by ... " ?

Yes a very misleading headline, more slapdash journalism just to get the story out.

Everyone is complaining about the accuracy of the reporting, yet keep quoting the above incorrect post. Nowhere does the OP or newspaper article say Booty "spent the night in jail",

Read it again, it says he spent the night in the police station. I agree that his photo should not appear and may cause confusion, as others have stated.

edit:type

Is it even relevant to the story that he spent the night in the police station. I read the opening line over and over and it appeared to me that he may have spent the night in jail for reporting the incident. They show his pic and say he spent the night in the police station. I was thinking to myself, If you see a crime ignore it, don't report it because you will get lock up.

• Like 1

Perps such as this man are hauled into police stations for serious crimes, those that cannot be paid off "in situ". They demand a higher payoff. We need to remember that people are arrested in order to generate "bail money", not to punish the guilty or remove them from society. And once out in bail, the police can then have a "return customer" next time the perp gets arrested. It costs money to keep in jail, it makes money to let them out on bail. Simple economics. They cycle continues.

Perps such as this man are hauled into police stations for serious crimes, those that cannot be paid off "in situ". They demand a higher payoff. We need to remember that people are arrested in order to generate "bail money", not to punish the guilty or remove them from society. And once out in bail, the police can then have a "return customer" next time the perp gets arrested. It costs money to keep in jail, it makes money to let them out on bail. Simple economics. They cycle continues.

monetary bail is imposed to ensure thier appearance before the court. After the court case then the bail money is returned to whoever posted it. There is no money to be made unless the offender/suspect skips.

I know what I would do with Mr. Tracey, if I would have some time with him alone in my garage without his parents knowing... What I can't understand is how a low life like him can get bail in the first place. If I ever meet him (thanks to Thai Visa for the nice photo), I'll have a chat with Mr. Tracey and would even be prepared to do hard time for having had the privilige...

I strongly hope that in this thread no dogooder will appear and write b##$hite about Mr. Tracey perhaps having had to endure a "difficult Childhood". In my opinion, those dogooders and the expensive and tax-payer financed "psychiatrists", who are responsible for Tracey-alike people being released on bail or receiving reduced sentences, should join their "patients" in their jail cell for the whole sentenced time if their patients are having a relapse and continue to abuse children. Same should go for the judges, but I guess we would run out of active judges pretty quick by then...

Without necessarily agreeing with some of his points, I congratulate "cup-o-coffee" for his thoughtful analysis of the big picture regarding pedophilia within this lovely Kingdom, in post # 42. Lots of good critical thinking shown there.

As for this particular offender, confinement and eventual deportation would seem to be in order. Unless he is very wealthy, bail this time is probably going to be hard to raise.

Scumbag. I just hope Mr. Booty's efforts weren't in vain... or worse. xxxxxxx scumbags like this Andrew Tracy out to make the most of the headless Thai justice system. The xxxxxx's already bought out the police... and now an innocent hero's life may well be threatened because cheap hit/policemen are just around the block.

Edited by metisdead

I agree with all of those who wish to deny this creature Tracey bail.

In Thailand, defamation is a criminal offence, at least for now. Say you have an argument in a pub and call someone a stupid idiot. That is defamation - that is a crime for which you can be imprisoned.

It is also a tool for putting pressure on you -so be careful what you say.

For defamation of an "ordinary" person you could pay a bail of about 50,000 baht.

Remember, too, that bail can be a "business" and massively lucrative for the bail bondsmen. Remember too (before I wander into the realms of 'defamation' that some jails are also 'businesses.'

Bail is awarded to those who are not going to be a menace to society or who are not a flight risk.

I share your horror of this 'man' Tracey. this child rapist. Paedophilia is alive and well in the world. Most of it is committed by homosexual men on male children.

Which is why 'gay adoption rights' is a spine-chilling idea.

One day, perhaps because of a traffic accident, YOU may need bail. The alternative is remaining in remand prison until your case is finished.

If you are innocent - you cannot pursue evidence for your defence. If you cannot afford bail - you could spend years and years in a Thai prison and then be released as a free man.

For those of you who live in Thailand, make a point of visiting a jail or prison. On its own it is a huge warning to behave well.

Make certain you have a criminal defence lawyer and make certain they will come to visit you in jail (not prison).

If, possibly through no fault of your own, you find yourself in the horror of being put in jail - you NEED that number urgently.

• Like 1

and one is led to wonder if the picture is the perp or the respectable biz man...