Changing Plates For Hua Hin Province

hi all, hope you can help me with this one, just wondering whether anyone is in a similar position. Just arrived in Hua Hin, along with my chopper, my chopper has chonburi plates, but do to the bike having a donor green book, e.g old style and no longer transferable, i cant change the province of the plates. I notice a lot of traffic police in hua hin, just wondering if anyone out there is in a similar position and if so do they get any hassle from the plod for riding a chopper with out of province plates.

My pick-up is licensed in Uthai Thani, My Kawasaki ER6n is licensed in Nakhon Sawan, our Toyota Vios is licensed in Phayao. I also have a utility trailer for my pick-up and it is licensed in Ratburi. I live in Phitsanulok and have NEVER had any problems. I can see no reason to change any of my licensing (or yours). All renewals are done at my local office and never take more that about 8 minutes.

They may hassle you about your chopper if it is too loud or something else, but they are not going to bother you about the origin of the plates, so long as your registration is current. Fact of the matter is that in four years I have never even had my bike registration checked and I do not display it (I keep it under the seat).

My pick-up is licensed in Uthai Thani, My Kawasaki ER6n is licensed in Nakhon Sawan, our Toyota Vios is licensed in Phayao. I also have a utility trailer for my pick-up and it is licensed in Ratburi. I live in Phitsanulok and have NEVER had any problems. I can see no reason to change any of my licensing (or yours). All renewals are done at my local office and never take more that about 8 minutes.

They may hassle you about your chopper if it is too loud or something else, but they are not going to bother you about the origin of the plates, so long as your registration is current. Fact of the matter is that in four years I have never even had my bike registration checked and I do not display it (I keep it under the seat).

My helicopter and aeroplane are the same

if so do they get any hassle from the plod for riding a chopper with out of province plates.

Theoretically, it shouldn't matter.

However, a foreigner on a chopper with Chonburi plates might attract the attention of the police as they might think you're a foreign tourist from Pattaya.

Hi

I just bought a car in Chonburi last month

I went to the Licensing Office at Prachuap Kirikhani with the Blue Registration book, Passport and a Letter of Residence from Immigration and filled out a form.

The Office is located just before u get to Prachuap kirikhani on RIGHT hand side travelling from Hua Hin. Light Purple coloured Building. When you pass the Nissan & Isui Dealer on the RIGHT side do a 'U' turn back to the Registration office. About 1 hr 20 from HH.

They check the car!

Paid a few hundred Baht.

7 days later returned and collected new local number plates, new tax etc. Hand in your old plates!

Ideally You need some one Thai for the translation.

Cheers biggrin.png

as long as you can tax and insure it with the green book it does not really matter ,its only a problem if you decide to sell it ,its a thai licience check more often than not in hua hin ,as long as you have that you will have no problem ,

i get stopped all the time as soon as you show a thai licience ,they are gutted they cant get ant money out of you ,

just ease the trottle as you see them otherwise exhaust to loud is the other favorite