Nose surgery clinic closed down by police in Bangkok

webfact

Nose Surgery Clinic Closed Down By Police In Bangkok

c2.jpg

The Ministry of Public Health coordinated with the Consumer Protection Police Division to close down nose surgery clinics that didn’t pass several standards. The doctor who opened and was qualified to do the surgery didn’t actually undertake the surgery, but it was his assistant who conducted the surgery, who wasn’t qualified to any surgery.

BANGKOK – [PDN]; Several government agencies of the Ministry of Public Health together with police forces raided a surgery clinic that was reported to not pass several standards and qualifications.

Police were made aware from spies and undercover police that the clinic was operated by about 6-7 persons. Only one of the seven persons were permitted and qualified to do the surgery, but it came out that the doctor who was 79 year-old didn’t undertake the surgery, as he was too old to do so, which made his assistant take over.

It was also reported that several equipment pieces used in the clinic were not registered, which makes the equipment illegal. The clinic also allegedly exceeded their allowed opening times, which is not right to do so in the Thai law.

The clinic was reported to have been in business for over 20 years, but as the 79 year-old grew older, he couldn’t undertake any surgeries anymore as his eyesight and energy wasn’t as good as before, which made his assistant have to do the surgeries. The clinic has now been closed down and the owners and other people affiliated with clinic will be charged as well.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/07/16/nose-surgery-clinic-closed-down-by-police-in-bangkok/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-07-17

If we presume the clinic has been breaking the law in some respects for 20 years and consider the speed with which the authorities have caught up with them a certain fugitive monk has nothing to worry about.

Presumably 20 years ago the doctor was performing the surgery so it was OK. The equipment may have been alright then as well.

• Like 1

If we presume the clinic has been breaking the law in some respects for 20 years and consider the speed with which the authorities have caught up with them a certain fugitive monk has nothing to worry about.

Presumably 20 years ago the doctor was performing the surgery so it was OK. The equipment may have been alright then as well.

Yes, like to think so. Wonder when it all started to go illegal ?

Only one of the seven persons were permitted and qualified to do the surgery, but it came out that the doctor who was 79 year-old didn’t undertake the surgery, as he was too old to do so, which made his assistant take over.

I found Thai people are crazy for making their nose straight.

This is very lucrative business.

The day after it opened, if they waited that long. As many have said there's a lot of money to be made in this type of surgery

Most probably when police stopped to received nice envelope fill up with cash

Most probably when police stopped to received nice envelope fill up with cash

Please don't call them police, they are BIB here on TV :-)

• Like 2

Only one of the seven persons were permitted and qualified to do the surgery, but it came out that the doctor who was 79 year-old didn’t undertake the surgery, as he was too old to do so, which made his assistant take over.

I found Thai people are crazy for making their nose straight.

This is very lucrative business.

It's all about face.thumbsup.gif

So now we need surgery to keep a straight face?

• Like 1

The clinic was reported to have been in business for over 20 years,..

Wow...this is fast police work...normally they take much longer to catch a crooked business.

But I expect their investigative work speeds up when LOTS of complaints flow in and/or tea money fails to keep up with inflation or nullify the complaints.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

Why does everyone assume it is only Thai's that get nose surgery? Many people from around the world (farangs) get it as well.

Does anyone know the name of the clinic?

A story goes like this:

When the wife gave birth to a baby boy, upon seeing the baby, the husband was very angry to his wife

. He said "you cheated me, the baby's nose is flat. Both of us have straight nose. That means he is

not my son". fornicator!!

The wife replied. "I can not do you accuse me.I true love you!"

Husband: "how do you explain then the flat nose of the baby?"

Wife: "My nose straight becoz doctor surgery me before you meet me!

• Like 2

But as the 79 year-old grew older, he couldn’t undertake any surgeries anymore as his eyesight and energy wasn’t as good as before,

Literally the blind leading the blind.

Obviously I don`t require plastic surgery because I have been handsome since birth, but if I ever did decide to try and improve on my already perfect features, no way would i consider having the surgery done at some tin pot back street client.

Plenty of real professional plastic surgeons offering these services at the major hospitals. They may cost more, but I`d rather be safer than sorry.

"allegedly exceeded their allowed opening times, which is not right to do so in the Thai law."....................................

Luckily for bar owners this law does not apply to them. clap2.gif

A story goes like this:

When the wife gave birth to a baby boy, upon seeing the baby, the husband was very angry to his wife

. He said "you cheated me, the baby's nose is flat. Both of us have straight nose. That means he is

not my son". fornicator!!

The wife replied. "I can not do you accuse me.I true love you!"

Husband: "how do you explain then the flat nose of the baby?"

Wife: "My nose straight becoz doctor surgery me before you meet me!

The kid will now have to have his done, same same 5555. when I first came to Thailand I thought everyone did Thai boxing.biggrin.png