Royal baby: The Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to a baby boy

webfact

James is more likely to turn up as a middle name.

Simply because if he's James, he'd be James VII (and all the English people will be going - when were James II - James VI ?).

No he wouldn't; he'd be James III of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Commonwealth countries which have the monarch as their head of state and James VIII of Scotland.

Some of us English do know our history; maybe some Scots don't!

Of course, whatever names he is given now, he could easily choose another when he becomes king.

Of course being England and looking at the odds regarding the name, the Royal Baby will be named by FIFA.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James is more likely to turn up as a middle name.

Simply because if he's James, he'd be James VII (and all the English people will be going - when were James II - James VI ?).

No he wouldn't; he'd be James III of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Commonwealth countries which have the monarch as their head of state and James VIII of Scotland.

Some of us English do know our history; maybe some Scots don't!

Of course, whatever names he is given now, he could easily choose another when he becomes king.

Not that I care much but the names Stephen and John will certainly not be chosen for reasons of history.

You mention James and what he would be referred to as, this was also made an issue by some Scots when the present Queen ascended to the throne. The first Elizabeth was never Queen of Scotland (true) and so they wanted Elizabeth II to be Elizabeth I - but in Scotland only. Daft but true.

Wonder how many pubs will be called the "Prince of Cambridge" over the next few years

I understand the Queen Vic in East benders will be first.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app