German expat rescued from 9-hour sea drift: Koh Tao

I drifted for 7 hours once, at night,northern Queensland, crocs,sharks, stingers,made the shore and crawled one km through the scrub,to a caravan park, i was beyond exhausted and my skin didn't look so healthy,and no pretty nurse waiting..lol, 23C water temp, yet i was shaking from the cold, muscles all pulled tight, water in the lungs, went under several times but regained consciousness, the longest battle of my life so far, only thoughts of my children pulled me through and gave me strength to hold on, i begged to God for something drifting to cling onto, didn't happen, that experience changed my entire life, glad he made it.

Glad "he "made it? Did the experience make you skitzo.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this kind of treatment w00t.gif from a lovely looking nurse wub.png , we will expect more guys floating on the sea whistling.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Are you guys a pack of 13 year old boys? Not getting enough at home? Yeah, the nurse is attractive, but she's no beauty queen... why is this the main focus of the story for allegedly grown men? This discussion should be moved to the unfettered horndog forum.

No advice required.

No much to learn about.

Happy ending...(but not with the nurse)

Might as well get a smile on our face...whistling.gif

Edited by Andre0720

I drifted for 7 hours once, at night,northern Queensland, crocs,sharks, stingers,made the shore and crawled one km through the scrub,to a caravan park, i was beyond exhausted and my skin didn't look so healthy,and no pretty nurse waiting..lol, 23C water temp, yet i was shaking from the cold, muscles all pulled tight, water in the lungs, went under several times but regained consciousness, the longest battle of my life so far, only thoughts of my children pulled me through and gave me strength to hold on, i begged to God for something drifting to cling onto, didn't happen, that experience changed my entire life, glad he made it.

Glad "he "made it? Did the experience make you skitzo.

The story is about him making it ,not me, yes ,glad he made it, 9 hours hanging on a rock at sea,is a remarkable feat.

Calling a friend?

would he have called the emergency number from where he was, he would have been helped much quicker.

And saved money on the call as well smile.png

Personally, I have no idea what the emergency number in LOS is. And they would probably only speak Thai anyway.

Calling a friend?

would he have called the emergency number from where he was, he would have been helped much quicker.

Personally, I have no idea what the emergency number in LOS is. And they would probably only speak Thai anyway.

I am told -

Samui Rescue 1669 and they have English Speakers

Tourist Police 1155 and they have English Speakers

(Personally though - I have not had to use either yet )

Calling a friend?

I am told -

Samui Rescue 1669 and they have English Speakers

Tourist Police 1155 and they have English Speakers

(Personally though - I have not had to use either yet )

Numbers added to pinned topic HERE.

• Like 1

Nine minutes and I'd have been a dead duck. Well done to him. Roong pa yaa baan looks very photogenic smile.png

However, makes you wonder how one can fall from a ferry.

"Balcony" style railings?

Nine minutes and I'd have been a dead duck. Well done to him. Roong pa yaa baan looks very photogenic smile.png

Smoke gets in you eyes or one for the road (sea) to many, feel asleep, sleep walking, pushed

or wanted to show how good of a swimmer he was and he did, either way,

I take my hat off to him...

He was not a good swimmer had he been a good swimmer he would have swam instantly back to shore similar to those "good" swimmers that swim across the English channel from England to France.

He was floating in order to drift gently in the sea for the entire time to avoid exposure / damage to his body that would have resulted in drowning, and hoped of course to be rescued.

He was indeed lucky that the ferry team realized his absence and arranged his rescue, and he will no doubt be impressed by the beautiful nurse that cared for him, and he is no doubt hoping that she becomes his girl-friend.

Smoke gets in you eyes or one for the road (sea) to many, feel asleep, sleep walking, pushed

He was not a good swimmer had he been a good swimmer he would have swam instantly back to shore similar to those "good" swimmers that swim across the English channel from England to France.

He was floating in order to drift gently in the sea for the entire time to avoid exposure / damage to his body that would have resulted in drowning, and hoped of course to be rescued.

He was indeed lucky that the ferry team realized his absence and arranged his rescue, and he will no doubt be impressed by the beautiful nurse that cared for him, and he is no doubt hoping that she becomes his girl-friend.

OK, OK A good floater, either way, he stayed afloat, he's good at something...

Nine minutes and I'd have been a dead duck. Well done to him. Roong pa yaa baan looks very photogenic Posted Image

Huh? How would you know if he swam or floated the whole night until he reached a rock to cling on to?

He certainly was a good swimmer, most people would have drowned in his situation.

The ferry didn't realise his absence and didn't do anything. He was lucky to have called his friend rather than some emergency service who would have told him "sorry, not my area" just before his phone died.

Actually, it's quite shocking that his friend had to call numerous numbers until finally someone bothered to do something, hours after he fell over.

In the end, it seem he was also lucky to find a fisherman crew who was humane enough to take a few hours off their time and rescue him. Looks like other fishing boats that spotted him were too busy killing all marine life regardless of their commercial value and throwing their trash overboard.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be crawling over the top of her to get to you Globerman. She's an extremely attractive young girl while you by the sound of it are a self righteous (YOU PIC!!!)

Bit of harmless banter goes along way to making for a happy forum..........may I suggest you go post on rentamoan.com ?

Banter is great, but it is supposed to include 'wit', which this childish crap does not have.