Having innertubes in magged wheels

2008bangkok

After the last puncture i had without innertubes in my back wheel, the guy at the nearest garage put an inner tube in my Novo 135 with magged wheels, now i notice that if the wheel is not completely fully pumped up then the back wheel seems like it wobbles a bit, is this normal, should you have inner tubes in magged wheels?

Thanks

I had the same bike. Inter tube within in a tubeless mag is entirely acceptable. The wobble is most likely a balancing issue. Either run Slime in the inter tube or try re-balancing the mag. My stock mags were so bad right from the factory(wobbling front & rear that I ditched the mags & traded for spokes. The smaller bikes they just don't go the extra yard to make sure the mags are true. The sport bikes & super sport mags are built a hell of a lot stronger. Not all mags on small bikes are crap. It just depends on if they saved a few baht & used lesser quality alloys or the part was made on a Monday or Friday! Re-balance & see how it goes. If you notice it needs a ton of weights the mags are probably the problem.

If the inner tube is the correct size and the tire pressure is correct, technically there is no reason not to. Redundant but not harmful. I suspect the tube you have is either too small or, unlikely in Thailand, under inflated but probably over inflated. If the pressure is OK, then take the bike to a bigger tire dealer have the original hole in the tire fixed and take the undersized tube out.

1 Check the pressure OR

2 Get the tubeless tire repaired OR

3 replace the tubeless tire completely.

• Like 1