How to get Fred to go live somewhere else

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should have thought of using birds as bait. I used to work on a place called Barrow Island off the NW coast of Aust. There is a monitor lizard there of the same genus, but grows up to 10 ft long. We used to feed them seagulls at lunch time ie make sure the resident lizard was in in the drain pipe and then throw bits of bread closer and closer to the drain. Eventually the lizard would launch out and the seagull population was down by one. This is where I learned about how to hand grab one from a guy called Harry Butler.

As we say in the oil patch all is well that ends. With Fred and GF relocated you can get back to growing Koi.

Cheers

• Like 1

Great story, really enjoyed it & admire your ingenuity.

You should consider developing a sideline business in humane critter removal.

I'm in the market for one for gecko relocation. I'm fien with odd gecko, but their population numbers have rnow eached a critical mass which exceeds my tolerance for cleaning up gecko s*it. Trap-wise, the human rat traps will work, problem is bait????

I'm in the market for one for gecko relocation. I'm fien with odd gecko, but their population numbers have rnow eached a critical mass which exceeds my tolerance for cleaning up gecko s*it. Trap-wise, the human rat traps will work, problem is bait????

human rat traps....you must have some nasty people about...or big big geckos.

human rat traps....you must have some nasty people about...or big big geckos.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Alas no traps available for "human rats", though someone could probably score big $ if they could patent one.

Meant to say humane, you know the ones you can buy everywhere, small metal box with spring trap. They hold geckos OK but I have no idea what bait would lure the critters on in....

We thought we had them both, we had, but never realized there were three!! w00t.gif The second one we caught must have not been Freda as two days back she was sleeping on her tree again..

An easy matter to catch the real Freda with the help of a dead minor bird that had found its way into the water butt, she was by far the most colourful of all and in a way am sorry to see her go.

I think what happened is that Mum laid her eggs under the pool deck and they all hatched and grew up together and it was not until they got big that we noticed them. Anyway here is the final (I hope) pictures of the last one that I think is actually Freda.

She has now joined her brothers on the big lake on the golf course.

post-22250-0-87254400-1379575996_thumb.j

post-22250-0-44825900-1379576034_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...