Blue eyed Thai

fredd

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will not last. They will turn darker. Sorry.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, after 16 months it is pretty set.

My son had blue-like eyes when he was born.

I was told that the final color would appear after 4-6 months.

I was hoping it would stay, but it didn't.

Most look-krueng I've seen have darker eyes, despite the, usually, farang male

having light colored eyes.

So I would guess it is a bit exceptional.

• Like 2

@ sbk, I read on a similar site that Asian eye color genes Are dominant, the 50/50 is inter-Caucasian

I understood, thanks

Thanks Fifty Two and Mai Dong

Ihere was a thread on this site explaining it. For a Thai farang baby to have blue eyes, there must be some foreign genes in the Thai person.

• Like 1

There were many, many children born by, and left by, farangs during at least the Vietnam war, and many more by others. If there is a hint of farang blood in the mother, then maybe the child could retain blue eyes with a farang father.

Personally I would wait until the child is 3 before being sure the eyes will stay blue.

Regardless of eye color, that is a gorgeous child. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I found a website once on chances of features when baby is half half nationality. Can't think what it was called but you could Google it. You entered the parents features and it gave the odds. Think it was about 5% chance for blue eyes. Thais would be so jealous of her!

Lovely baby congratulations!

• Like 2

I have a friend who is blond and blue eyed, her husband Thai. Their oldest son had blond curly hair as a child and green hazel eyes. Now hes an adult he has light brown curly hair and sort of golden/green/light brown colored eyes. Gorgeous guy now acting on TV in their home country.

• Like 1

I've got a friend who has a blue eyed daughter . She is now 4 I think . With mine they were both born with grey blue eyes that then changed to light brown .

Funnily enough , I remember my wife having a very blond moment after the youngest was born . I came back from town got off the bike and my wife comes running up to me going " come quick ,come quick , I think there is something wrong with Alex's eyes . When he's inside the black bit is really big but when I take him outside it goes really small . Do you think we should take him to the doctor ? "

After I had pissed myself laughing I explained about pupil dilation and light . Guess she'd never noticed before as her eyes are dark brown !

Thais..... got to laugh.

Here's the little fella , condemned to a lifetime of despair as a WHU fan . Child cruelty lives on !

post-112437-0-61308300-1379854472_thumb.

• Like 2

I've met a number of adult Thais with blue eyes, there's a family in Sriracha I know personally who have blue eyes right across the whole extended family, aunts, cousins, uncles etc.

Also twenty odd years ago I got a ride in peddle samlor in Phitsanalok, the rider, a guy in is 50s had blue eyes, I asked him if he had any Farang relatives, he said no and explained that in his family blue eyes were common.

I've met a number of adult Thais with blue eyes, there's a family in Sriracha I know personally who have blue eyes right across the whole extended family, aunts, cousins, uncles etc.

Also twenty odd years ago I got a ride in peddle samlor in Phitsanalok, the rider, a guy in is 50s had blue eyes, I asked him if he had any Farang relatives, he said no and explained that in his family blue eyes were common.

It only takes one horny female to contaminate an entire gene ladder...

Considering the percentage of humans who's father is not the one they think, blue or green eyes are likely.

Blue eyes is caused by a recessive gene. Both parents must carry the gene in order for the child to have blue eyes. It is possible for the parents to have brown eyes, because brown is a dominant gene. However, they must both carry the recessive blue gene to pass it to the child.

• Like 1

My 2.5 yr old half white half Thai daughter was born with bright blue eyes and they stayed blue until around her 2nd bday. Then they turned darker toa shade of green (think actress Kristin Kreuk!). Your baby's eyes may darken to green like my daughter. Even with her now darker eyes, she still looks more white than Thai. Her hair is also light brown which I rarely see in halfties. Her older brother was also born with blue eyes but they turned to light caramel brown. His hair is also dark brown which is more typical in hapas. Your daughter and mine are more rare since dark hair/eyes are more dominant.

• Like 1

That is indeed very rare. And they are going to stay blue. Be proud.

What should blue eyes instill pride in a parent? (I mean...outside of some White Supremacist survivalist compound.)

(Gorgeous baby, OP.)

Edited by Dararasmi
  • Like 1