Double Carport - Cost Estimate

2 years ago I had built a carport that was 8 meters wide and 7 meters deep ....wasn't really built on the cheap as it included 2 custom made sliding 4 meter gates (1.8 meters high), parking area was reinforced with #12 re-bar and 10 inches of concrete, with no slip tiles on top of the concrete. Eight concrete posts were put in (pored concrete posts), steel framed slab roof style with slight slope. Underneath was covered with 4inch wide fake wood slates (i think made out of some fiberglass mix ) and corrugated Tin roof.

Cost 100,000 Baht....This was done in Rayong

hope that helps

Design is design and cost is cost, all depending on the design and construction one wants.

My size carport is large, design is first class, and construction material of great quality, cost over 900.K.

post-70834-0-70982100-1380246867_thumb.j

post-70834-0-23183700-1380247443_thumb.j

• Like 2

2 years ago I had built a carport that was 8 meters wide and 7 meters deep ....wasn't really built on the cheap as it included 2 custom made sliding 4 meter gates (1.8 meters high), parking area was reinforced with #12 re-bar and 10 inches of concrete, with no slip tiles on top of the concrete. Eight concrete posts were put in (pored concrete posts), steel framed slab roof style with slight slope. Underneath was covered with 4inch wide fake wood slates (i think made out of some fiberglass mix ) and corrugated Tin roof.

hope that helps

It all depends what type of design and size one wants, a small sized two car holder will now cost about 150.K.

At my home the second carport is a large one the way I wanted it, it has first class design and construction from top to bottom, all passing people adore it, obviously expensive just under 1.Million THB.

Obviously a special carport.....Pictures??????

Funny thing is I had the house built for 1 million baht AND to my western standards with double walls, double roof (one concrete, one standard for noise reduction) and windows 12mm.

Still ...always like to see a special build ....Pictures?????

There you go David,that should keep everyone happy.biggrin.png

hope that helps

Design is design and cost is cost, all depending on the design and construction one wants.

My size carport is large, design is first class, and construction material of great quality, cost over 900.K.

There you go David,that should keep everyone happy.biggrin.png

hope that helps

post-70834-0-53037500-1380250795_thumb.j

post-70834-0-51417200-1380251558_thumb.j

• Like 1

Just completed the build of the same type carport you have described. Post to post is 6 met x 6 met with a 2' overhang on three sides. The only difference is that I used 6" x 11' wooden posts as apposed to concrete. The wife drives a Honda Jazz and there is really only room to park the one and still be able to easily open doors and not be overcrouded. if two autos is what you are thinking then there may not be enough room at 6 x 6 meters. Good dryed lumber, concrete, concrete roof tiles, misc. parts and material, labor and beer cost around 40,000 baht. Labor was provided by wifes brother and a couple of his handy-man friends. Turned out great with minimal issues

• Like 1

Crossy hope these pictures are better....have to downsize them as my download speeds are somewhat restricted

sorry no plans....When the contractor was building my wall around the property I asked him offhandedly what he would charge to do the carport this was and we kinda just winged it as we went along (his original quote was 75,000 baht ) but things got added and changed

attachicon.gifP1000184.JPGattachicon.gifP1000186.JPGattachicon.gifP1000185.JPGattachicon.gifP1000187.JPG

Amazing cost and amazing results! Can you ask your contractor to come to Chiang Rai and see me?

Edited by onthedarkside
email removed as per forum rules

Crossy hope these pictures are better....have to downsize them as my download speeds are somewhat restricted

sorry no plans....When the contractor was building my wall around the property I asked him offhandedly what he would charge to do the carport this was and we kinda just winged it as we went along (his original quote was 75,000 baht ) but things got added and changed

attachicon.gifP1000184.JPGattachicon.gifP1000186.JPGattachicon.gifP1000185.JPGattachicon.gifP1000187.JPG

Amazing cost and amazing results! Can you ask your contractor to come to Chiang Rai and see me?

Thanks for the compliment....Yes your right ....he is a cost efficient (and good) contractor and easy to work with (from Issan) ....Unfortunately for you I am having him bid on a duplex now, so hopefully will be keeping him busy for awhile

finished mine yesterday.......single size 6m x 3.5.............4 post, apex roof ( don't ask why)..................4 posts, steel, sand,cement ,stone..8000 bht.....strong roof tiles 7000 bht....had to buy gutters for main house and carport because of apex roof...6000 bht........2 men 4 days 300 bht a day each..........total cost 23400 bht......if I had been the foreman and not the wife...lol...........could of used 50% less steel and roof tiles and not guttering at all............could of saved at least 12000 bht...........its a very strong good build but a single slopping roof would of been much cheaper.....so a double carport with a single slope should cost more than 12-15000 bht.....I live in sakhon nakhon costs might be more expensive where you are.....good luck and don't spend too much

• Like 1

finished mine yesterday.......single size 6m x 3.5.............4 post, apex roof ( don't ask why)..................4 posts, steel, sand,cement ,stone..8000 bht.....strong roof tiles 7000 bht....had to buy gutters for main house and carport because of apex roof...6000 bht........2 men 4 days 300 bht a day each..........total cost 23400 bht......if I had been the foreman and not the wife...lol...........could of used 50% less steel and roof tiles and not guttering at all............could of saved at least 12000 bht...........its a very strong good build but a single slopping roof would of been much cheaper.....so a double carport with a single slope should cost more than 12-15000 bht.....I live in sakhon nakhon costs might be more expensive where you are.....good luck and don't spend too much

Great post ... thumbsup.gif

Couple of photos?

Here is the one I built. The size is 5M x12M. It is a car port and balcony. The roof is concrete board so the whole thing is sturdily built. It is difficult to work out the costs because they include a fair bit of balcony work around the house but at a rough guess I would say it was in the order of 130k. The ceiling is lined and has lighting. Great for Bar-B-Ques

post-185232-0-08696400-1380272640_thumb.post-185232-0-62175100-1380272615_thumb.

• Like 1

I find some of these costs absolutely amazing. The last car port I built 7m X 6m - 6 years ago- in Australia was 3,500 dollars for the kit and about 1.000 dollars for the concrete. We are talking 75mm steel pillars and 200mm C section purlins. So say a total of 4,500 aussie dollars or 135,000 baht.Bbear in mind I was building in W50 wind rating area - cyclone wind speed rating of 180 kph. I would be surprised if a similar structure built for local conditions would be more than 30,000 baht in my local area.

Should rename this post "Show us your carport" clap2.gif

Yeh ... but I'm really liking looking at what everyone has built and what it cost.

Many things I can't afford.

It's nice to have a thread here which we can all enjoy.

So, whether it's some rusty iron on bamboo or an insulated lined triple carspace build

... "Show us your carport"

• 3 months later...