Buy me a House

thaipaul

I know my GF from Pattaya and she want that i support and help to build a House for her Family in the north east of Thailand at Countryside near Khon Kaen. Is this a good Invest when i get old to live there? But i never been there befor!

How long do you know your GF? You are aware that you would give the money to her as "gift" and have no rights to that house when your GF decides to leave you after you paid? Never buy a house for your GF / wife, if you can't afford to loose all the money and continue with your living.

Finally, whether YOU would want to live in that place when you retire (and still are with your GF who is the owner of the house) is something only you can decide after having visited.

It's a house for her and her family, nothing there for you.

But buy it for her if you want, as a gift.

Its also for me, for my retired live, but i never been there its outside from Khon Kaen. Anyones know this Place its nice there to have a retired Live?

Its also for me, for my retired live, but i never been there its outside from Khon Kaen. Anyones know this Place its nice there to have a retired Live?

Sorry chum but I think your to far ahead with your thoughts. See how things are in a years time eh.

• Like 1

How long do you know your GF? You are aware that you would give the money to her as "gift" and have no rights to that house when your GF decides to leave you after you paid? Never buy a house for your GF / wife, if you can't afford to loose all the money and continue with your living.

Finally, whether YOU would want to live in that place when you retire (and still are with your GF who is the owner of the house) is something only you can decide after having visited.

1. - a half Year

2. - not a Gift its for her and my to live there when i get retired next year.

3.- i cant lose it is my last money that i saved for my retired live

First she want buy Land then build not a full Furniture House.

Sorry chum but I think your to far ahead with your thoughts. See how things are in a years time eh.

Next Year its not so far.

1. - a half Year

You cant own the land.. the house you can own for a while with 30 year leases. My advise run.. but I agree with others .. your probably a troll because nobody would buy something for the girl you only know half a year that you can't own. They can kick you out at any moment.

When i have to stay in Residence like now i have to pay montly rent, if i have my own House i can save money from my Pension that is the idea.

1. - a half Year

You cant own the land.. the house you can own for a while with 30 year leases. My advise run.. but I agree with others .. your probably a troll because nobody would buy something for the girl you only know half a year that you can't own. They can kick you out at any moment.

Is just a idea she asked my, but i have also to decide waht i do whit my Pension we still discuss.

1. - a half Year

Is just a idea she asked my, but i have also to decide waht i do whit my Pension we still discuss.

If you are for real you probably are fresh of the boat or not gifted with much of a brain. Seriously the horror stories are all there.

Would you in your own country give someone a house in the hope you can live there without any way to legally enforce that ? Would you do that with money from your life savings that you need to live ?

She is probably half your age and tells you your a hansum man ?

• Like 1

1. - a half Year

Sorry, but you are plain ... well, let's be nice and say naive and uninformed and about to get scamed out of your money!

Read the stories on Thaivisa and run from this woman!

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

1. - a half Year

Mr thaipaul! Wake up!

She doesn' want to lower your rentexpenses! She wants your money! If you not are very careful and less naive, you will be back in your homecountry within a year, without any of the money, you had saved for retirement!

So for starters rent a place, you can probably get a nice townhouse in Pattaya for 10.000/month on a long contract. If you later want to own something, consider buying a condominium which you can do in your name. A lawyer will be able to help you.

Living in the sticks outside Khon Kaen, in a house owned by a girl you met in a bar on a holiday, is a recipe for disaster!

Sorry to be so blunt, but I would hate to see another one taken to the cleaners.

Good luck!thumbsup.gif

OP, if your not a Troll then your daft. Believe me that is a nice comment. xthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

My Friend from Australia buy in Chonburi a House, he is still there 5Years ago nobody kicked him out.

When you last see him ?

He's in the freezer now...still not kicked out

OP, if your not a Troll then your daft. Believe me that is a nice comment. xthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

My Friend from Australia buy in Chonburi a House, he is still there 5Years ago nobody kicked him out.

When you last see him ?

He's in the freezer now...still not kicked out

He is 67 and married and still live there peacly whit his Wife and his son. He come sometimes to Pattaya because he feel not happy there he feel lonley there just his Family there.

If not a troll the OP is obviously thinking with his small head. Another lamb headed for the abbatoir. There is absolutely no reason why he cannot rent in or near Khon Kaen. Rents in Issan are generally a quarter of what they are in Pattaya, often less! Come here to Issan, rent and see how you like it for at least 6 months. And for goodness sakes LISTEN to the stories and advice of other falangs living in the area. They have the experience, know the tricks of the trade, you, despite your age are like a kid in a sweet factory at the moment.

OP, if your not a Troll then your daft. Believe me that is a nice comment. thumbsup.gif

Go and live with him for a while, see if your girlfriend wants to live there with you. If she doesn't, tell her you'll come and visit her in the middle of nowhere sometime.

And then don't.

Seriously? You want to buy a house (which will be in her name) with someone you've known for 6 months? How did you make it to pension age?

• Like 2

OP, if your not a Troll then your daft. Believe me that is a nice comment. thumbsup.gif

Op, as my final comment and warning, you might want to read this experience... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/673214-american-returning-to-the-usa-with-nothing/

Just the first line for you: "Greetings from....yes...Pattaya....Two ladies scammed me, lesson learned. Putting a house in her name isn't exactly smart but it's only money."
  • Like 1