English Language on the Forum

Gonzo the Face

I know that English is the language used on this forum..... I have seen it told to posters many times.

On my computer at least, and maybe others can give their status.... there is a foreign lanuguge script turning up all over the place . I seems to be something like arabic..... Does anyone else get this or do I have some type of virus creeping in ???

I fear you may have a virus-in addition to running a virus scan, I wouild also run Malwarebytes,ccleaner and Spybot-all free to download via google. Good luck.

Then if still there, run all the above again in Safe mode. Should fix it.

• Like 1

It's a Google Ad - points to Aussie immigration. Google has somehow figured out in their wisdom, that Thai Visa is a target audience for this in Arabic!

Yes, it's Google advertising. Really quite odd to see that Arabic script half way down the page.

It was also coming up in what was I believe maybe Swedish or Norweigian perhaps.

I think you are refering to the advertisments which are paid for by the Australian taxpayers warning people that intend comming to Australia without visas that if they do not have one and arrive in Australia by boat they will not stay in Australia..They are in arabic turkish pribably hini and urdu too as well as many others.

Edited by harrry

Such as..

سیاست های مهاجرتی جدید استرالیا تغییر یافته است

This is advert is popping up on just about ALL websites..

I'm glad I'm not alone. I get that exact same one 100 times per day on almost every web page. I was sure I had some kind of virus too until I read this thread.

I clicked on the above link just now for the heck of it and got "Page Not Found". Must have overloaded the Australian government server.

Edited by elektrified

A reminder. Post removed.

11) Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed.

Such as..

I'm glad I'm not alone. I get that exact same one 100 times per day on almost every web page. I was sure I had some kind of virus too until I read this thread.

I clicked on the above link just now for the heck of it and got "Page Not Found". Must have overloaded the Australian government server.

and I thought I spent a lot of time on the computer.

I might get it or might not I scroll down with out paying attention to the ads.

Sorry about that advertisers.

Such as..

Avitar Beau Thai sorry you lack a sense of humour! You don't look too good yourself !

You misread me- I enjoyed your joke and tried a small one of my own in return-evidently failed. As all my school teachers said-tries hard but could do better

• Like 1

Avitar Beau Thai sorry you lack a sense of humour! You don't look too good yourself !

You misread me- I enjoyed your joke and tried a small one of my own in return-evidently failed. As all my school teachers said-tries hard but could do better

Is this what you were looking for 33.gif

Such as..

آیا به استرالیا می روید؟

immi.gov.au/novisa 

If its coming up on all websites, it might be one of these 'retargeting ads' that Google has been doing for a while.

You will have seen them before, the same ad following you around the web.. its a bit creepy I know, they put a cookie into a web page you have visited in the past and that allows G to keep on showing you the same ad over and over again.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app