What Thai's Really Think

GinBoy2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By and large I have read all the replies, and most are very sensible. I am writing a book on the subject, 'Teardrops in Siam', and I have interviewed many girls who have looked me straight in the eye, and assured me that Buddha smiles on their efforts to send money back to their families in Isaan or elsewhere, and without it there would not be enough money to pay for medical treatment for one or other of their parents etc. With Lao, Burmese and Cambodian girls, the lure is usually money and far greater opportunity in LOS than in their own country. The domestic Thai market, I agree, far outstrips any far more widely publicized 'farang' clientele!

Well if you are writing a book on the topic make sure you critique the local population and their lust for fresh virgins. Proven fact they think sleeping with a virgin will cure them of their AIDS. F@@king sick c@@ts. Perhaps if enough people know how Asia rolls and nonces are not just fat, singlet wearing farangs, something can be done about this. Doubt it though.

• Like 1

Well if you are writing a book on the topic make sure you critique the local population and their lust for fresh virgins. Proven fact they think sleeping with a virgin will cure them of their AIDS. F@@king sick c@@ts. Perhaps if enough people know how Asia rolls and nonces are not just fat, singlet wearing farangs, something can be done about this. Doubt it though.

Well I reckon Asia is just fine and dandy with the way that Asia 'rolls' and always will be. Sorry that Asia can't please some western moral crusaders but then again, there's so much for them to get on the high horse about back home, I wonder why on earth they came over here anyway.
  • Like 2

Well I reckon Asia is just fine and dandy with the way that Asia 'rolls' and always will be. Sorry that Asia can't please some western moral crusaders but then again, there's so much for them to get on the high horse about back home, I wonder why on earth they came over here anyway.

Love and we all read the consequenses of it on TV !

So you condone nonces do you?

By and large I have read all the replies, and most are very sensible. I am writing a book on the subject, 'Teardrops in Siam', and I have interviewed many girls who have looked me straight in the eye, and assured me that Buddha smiles on their efforts to send money back to their families in Isaan or elsewhere, and without it there would not be enough money to pay for medical treatment for one or other of their parents etc. With Lao, Burmese and Cambodian girls, the lure is usually money and far greater opportunity in LOS than in their own country. The domestic Thai market, I agree, far outstrips any far more widely publicized 'farang' clientele!

Bookwriter....It seems you are missing the mark. These bargirls your are talking to are pretty streetwise. Probably were dancing around for money at the local weddings in Isaan at the age of six. (Really!) Probably joined a gang and got gang raped by 12, and most likely are supporting their drug habit and boyfriend. If you need to write a book of sympathy, look at the local brothels for imported Lao/Vietnamese underaged virgins sold by their moms.

Is it possible that there is nothing wrong with prostitution? Is sex simply a body function that we have at our disposal, that it's up to each & every one of us to enjoy or get out of it what we want or need to? Affairs? Swinging? I guess it just depends on the attitudes & feelings of those involved. If someone gets hurt, then that's not good. I believe a solid relationship foundation would be one where both partners are on a similar journey.

If we can remove religious beliefs from all of our perceptions of reality, I believe we'll notice how much more life has to offer. Then there will be no more moral outrages about what someone is wearing or who someone is doing or what age differences exist between two people living together or what the specific genders are. Someone willing to pay you for sex? Great! Or not, "it's up to you."

Prostitution morally wrong ?? I dont think that many on this forum consider prostitution like that. Everybody has a choice in life in order how to make money. No need to feel sorry for a prostitute.

Now there's something we both agree on! Wouldn't we all feel so much freer & less stressed if non-violent behavior was not subjected to someone else's morals or religious beliefs?

All the hoopla surrounding spying & privacy concerns would fade to dust if we weren't worried about our non-violent behavior being used against us for political or exploitative purposes.

The U.S. is finally coming around on this regarding homosexuality; e.g., it is much less likely for a gay service member to be blackmailed today based solely on his sexual orientation.

Is it possible that there is nothing wrong with prostitution? Is sex simply a body function that we have at our disposal, that it's up to each & every one of us to enjoy or get out of it what we want or need to? Affairs? Swinging? I guess it just depends on the attitudes & feelings of those involved. If someone gets hurt, then that's not good. I believe a solid relationship foundation would be one where both partners are on a similar journey.

If we can remove religious beliefs from all of our perceptions of reality, I believe we'll notice how much more life has to offer. Then there will be no more moral outrages about what someone is wearing or who someone is doing or what age differences exist between two people living together or what the specific genders are. Someone willing to pay you for sex? Great! Or not, "it's up to you."

Prostitution morally wrong ?? I dont think that many on this forum consider prostitution like that. Everybody has a choice in life in order how to make money. No need to feel sorry for a prostitute.

Now there's something we both agree on! Wouldn't we all feel so much freer & less stressed if non-violent behavior was not subjected to someone else's morals or religious beliefs?

All the hoopla surrounding spying & privacy concerns would fade to dust if we weren't worried about our non-violent behavior being used against us for political or exploitative purposes.

The U.S. is finally coming around on this regarding homosexuality; e.g., it is much less likely for a gay service member to be blackmailed today based solely on his sexual orientation.

I think however that many complain here about the consequenses of prostution in thailand when 1 gets involved in a relationship with a prostitute/bargirl. Thats were the morals come into play. No need to elaborate on that. Is understood.

The "western crusaders" came to Asia with foreign direct investment many years ago (FDI, look it up), were the first to buy Asian products (usually crappy quality, plus when intra-Asia trade was unheard of) and therefore lay the foundations for local manufacturing and they support the local tourism industry and thereby, a big chunk of local GDP.

I've come to believe that "arrogance" from Asians towards Westerners is misplaced at best, moronic at worst.

So the "end" (money), justifies the "means" (prostitution)...isn't that in a nutshell what we're talking about?

I'm afraid many Thais would agree with that, unfortunately.

300 baht to work all day on the farm

1000+ baht to spread their leggs for 30 mins

mhhhhhhhhhhhh

shhhh, some people may lose face over that....don't you know the favorite Thai (Asian really) way of dealing with problems? not talking about it = it doesn't exist.

• Like 1

Most of all the doublestandard guys from the west, are quick to judge and extremely slow to learn... Adapt to a new sociatey

when they are already raised in the country that has it all, that is nothing they like to do.....

Judge the girls working bar, compare them with the american hookers just make me laugh.... You guys do not know anything,

but thank God that you have started to learn to "fly" a bit away from where ever you come across the Atlantic..

Glegolo