Govt invites foreign diplomats in Thailand to observe security measures at Govt house

Lite Beer

POLITICS

The government has invited foreign diplomats in Thailand to observe security measures at the Government House on Monday as the anti-government massive rally is scheduled to lay siege the venue.

National Security Council's chief Paradorn Pattanatabutr said the diplomats will see with their own eyes the government's measures to handle the rally.

They will learn that the measures are conducted without arms, in peaceful ways and meet the international standard, he said.

The envoys will meet at the Foreign Ministry before proceeding to the Government House. They are scheduled to be at the Government House at 8am.

Paradorn said he will evaluate whether they will be in the compound until the protesters arrive or not.

Thai and foreign media are also invited, he added.

Reports said that diplomats of about 60 countries were invited and some 30 countries already accepted the invitations.

Meanwhile Democrat MP Ong-art Klampaiboon demanded the government reviewed the decision to invite the foreign envoys to the Government House.

"The foreign envoys are invited to the Government House on Monday despite the fact that the government is well aware the protesters will march to the place. The government has to take responsible if the envoys are trapped inside the compound by the protesters," he said.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DZvwah7W-x.
-- The Nation 2013-12-08

The call for the UN to support this government went unheeded, so now they will try the local approach. I would doubt that any foreign embassy would send personnal into what could develop into a dangerous situation. This announcement indicates this government has no qualms about continuing to exploite innocents, along with their many other undesireable traits.

This would seem to go directly against the warning to protestors that "those third Parties" are again about to raise their ugly heads, so stay away. The 1000's of police security assigned to protecting/peace keeping have not been real successful to date, thus this might be considered a "brain fart" when/if it is reviewed.

• Like 2

Dear Fellow Diplomat and Politician

Your are cordially invited to attend what is sure to be one of the political events of the year.

Monday December 9th you are invited to Bangkok's Government house to witness what could be the grand daddy protest of them all. Be sure to get there early to get a front row seat to the carnage, chaos and possible bloodshed. It is not a black tie event but we do recommend a nice sturdy kevlar outfit and a all purpose use gas mask.

Come one come all

Your friend

Yingluck

• Like 1

Being good foreign diplomats they will have already have their air tickets out of thailand booked in case this really kicks off and intend sitting in Raffles Singapore drinking Prim,s and watching events unfold on the BBC

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Normally I find the exchange of insults and rude remarks by ex-past to be banal in the extreme and is one reason I have stopped posting in forums such as this one.

I find it especially retarded when a foreigner seems to truly and sincerely believe in one side or the other calling the "other party" 'corrupt' or 'insane' when both are clearly crap and the same can be said (to a lesser extent) of politics in ALL of our own home countries...but, I must admit the comments in this thread; as responses to Younglick's proposal have me chuckling nicely.

Please carry on.

I would send back on the RSVP letter to Yingluck, Thank you, but fuc_k that.........idea. I would rather let a gorilla on Yabba shave my ballsacks while blindfolded than attend this event. Plus I hope you enjoy your flight to Dubai later in the day to see squarehead. Yours sincerely not looking to die through stupidity. :-)

Edited by Eddy B

Many of you will be completely unsurprised to learn that Thai media are reporting that not one diplomat accepted the kind invitation to tea at Government house, and that the reports saying that 30 had already accepted were lies. Funny old thing! What a fiasco this Government continue to make of themselves.

Many of you will be completely unsurprised to learn that Thai media are reporting that not one diplomat accepted the kind invitation to tea at Government house, and that the reports saying that 30 had already accepted were lies. Funny old thing! What a fiasco this Government continue to make of themselves.

Was that Egypt or Ukraine?

Was what Egypt or the Ukraine?

The 1 diplomat joining...

The 1 diplomat joining...

Oh wait... Never mind...

Being good foreign diplomats they will have already have their air tickets out of thailand booked in case this really kicks off and intend sitting in Raffles Singapore drinking Prim,s and watching events unfold on the BBC

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Aljazeera maybe, don't think they'll be getting much from the BBC.

The Suthep thugs will definitely start violence tomorrow. Suthep himself said his followers should be ready to die for the cause. What a madman. But everyone that gets hurt has no one to blame but himself.

The Thaksin thugs will definitely start violence tomorrow. Thaksin himself said his followers should be ready to die for the cause. What a madman. But everyone that gets hurt has no one to blame but himself.

Interesting that it is just as accurate when you substitute another power-crazed individual's name.

Obvious that Kh. T and 'the other individual' don't want to die for their cause (money)but are happy for others to do so.

Does anyone really believe that if required there isn't a battery or weapons available for the government buildings to defend themselves?

Could you imagine the USA or Brits calling in anyone to show how there was a lack of weapons to defend the senate building or parliament?

"Could you imagine the USA or Brits calling in anyone to show ..."

Well the British could call in their former defence attaché, Col Peter Roberts, to review Thai security matters. He has a pretty impressive résumé and would undoubtedly show the locals a thing or two .

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/jan/18/politics.ukcrime

A senior British diplomat in Thailand broke through three pairs of plastic handcuffs, threatened to kill fellow airline passengers and abused cabin staff after drinking heavily on a flight to London in the aftermath of the tsunami, a court heard yesterday.

Fellow passengers seated near Colonel Peter Roberts, defence attache at the British embassy in Thailand, said it became clear very quickly that he was an important man with an important job.

But as the Etihad Airways flight from Abu Dhabi to Heathrow flew over Belgium in February last year, Col Roberts' behaviour deteriorated until he went berserk, Isleworth crown court heard.

"He made several threats to kill the people trying to restrain him. It took five people at one stage to restrain him."

During a continuing tirade of abuse, his ramblings included his personal views on North Korea, a country he labelled as "untrustworthy", according to Kevin McGuire, another passenger.