Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

GWS v Collingwood game is a bit of struggle.

GWS was looking at running away with the game but Collingwoood have come from 21 down to level the scores near the end of the 3rd. 43-43

Collingwood take the lead for the first time in the game with just 5.43 minutes to go in the game. 69-67!

I can't win a trick BookMan.

Picked GWS, led all day and lostbah.gif

I picked them as well tongue.png

GWS should have won that by 30 points.

Farmerjo will be looking at insurmountable lead now

He is still only 2 points in front. Will depend who he takes tonight.

• Like 1

Hawthorn getting smashed at half time. behind by 31

Awks for mebah.gif

jeez, u have put the mockers on my tipping this week also mate laugh.png

Jebus mate!!

hawks now by 4 points at the end of the 3rd quarter!!

What a game!

hawks getting the rough end of the umpiring stick tonight. How the h.ell did the tv umpire call that a touched behind from one replay???

• Like 1

Hawthorn getting smashed at half time. behind by 31

Awks for mebah.gif

jeez, u have put the mockers on my tipping this week also mate laugh.png

Jebus mate!!

hawks now by 4 points at the end of the 3rd quarter!!

What a game!

hawks getting the rough end of the umpiring stick tonight. How the h.ell did the tv umpire call that a touched behind from one replay???

Yep, got a bad deal for sure.

Anuver wrong goal 3rd umpire review.

Was a dodgy one in Ade game today as well.

It's not a difficult job.

Yep, got a bad deal for sure.

Anuver wrong goal 3rd umpire review.

Was a dodgy one in Ade game today as well.

It's not a difficult job.

77% of Tipsters picked Collingwood earlier on.

Hawks looked awesome after half time. Moving their players all round the field. they are going to be difficult to beat

• Like 1

Well lads,

farmerjo

Ripstanley

Ron19

are all on target for 9/9 this week. Three 'easy' games today. could be a 3 x 9/9 w00t.gif

Yes,Rip and Ron making late charges thumbsup.gif and Rips margin is better overall.

Looking forward to dockers/lions game,dont think it will be one-sided at all.

Dont worry about chimpy or dartboards,just pm poor ol Beechbum and tip the opposite.tongue.png

Pavlich is a late out for Freo. Brisbane may cause an upset. It is Ash McGrath retirement game.

• Like 2

Well lads,

farmerjo

Ripstanley

Ron19

are all on target for 9/9 this week. Three 'easy' games today. could be a 3 x 9/9 w00t.gif

Yes,Rip and Ron making late charges thumbsup.gif and Rips margin is better overall.

Dont worry about chimpy or dartboards,just pm poor ol Beechbum and tip the opposite.tongue.png

Pavlich is a late out for Freo. Brisbane may cause an upset. It is Ash McGrath retirement game.

PLEASE guys, take Brissie!! laugh.png

Freo will slaughter Brissie

(some mind games from the top of the Tipping table? laugh.png )

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Nice little outing for the boys down at Etihad... Buddy bagged another half dozen to sure up the Coleman and the Minor Premiership which we haven't done since 1996 when Plugger took it out. Swans haven't won the double Minor Premiership / Premiership since 1909 ;) but certainly looking polished enough to do it this year.

Mitchell in his first senior game back looked a little flat but was pretty hard in the tackle which was pleasing. Gary Rohan, this kid can do everything, one of the hardest tacklers I've seen for a while the kid never gave up and just has so much pace. Stay injury free and the kid's a star!

I think Horse should also invest in Malco for at least another 3 years provided Malco stays fit and those LARS knees of his hold up. Forget Frawley, not worth the agony :P

Cindarella subbed out at 3/4 time, looked a bit proppy at the end but should be just a player management decision. Not sure if he'll play next week for the same reasons. Butterfingers was withdrawn before the start.

They've really cocked up the feed today, the games finished and they're waiting for the post match interviews and there's some clown from Channel 7 in the seat carrying on. Hilarious. Surprised no one did the Ice Bucket Challenge whilst they were waiting. :P

• Like 1

Nice little outing for the boys down at Etihad... Buddy bagged another half dozen to sure up the Coleman and the Minor Premiership which we haven't done since 1996 when Plugger took it out. Swans haven't won the double Minor Premiership / Premiership since 1909 wink.png but certainly looking polished enough to do it this year.

Mitchell in his first senior game back looked a little flat but was pretty hard in the tackle which was pleasing. Gary Rohan, this kid can do everything, one of the hardest tacklers I've seen for a while the kid never gave up and just has so much pace. Stay injury free and the kid's a star!

I think Horse should also invest in Malco for at least another 3 years provided Malco stays fit and those LARS knees of his hold up. Forget Frawley, not worth the agony tongue.png

Cindarella subbed out at 3/4 time, looked a bit proppy at the end but should be just a player management decision. Not sure if he'll play next week for the same reasons. Butterfingers was withdrawn before the start.

They've really cocked up the feed today, the games finished and they're waiting for the post match interviews and there's some clown from Channel 7 in the seat carrying on. Hilarious. Surprised no one did the Ice Bucket Challenge whilst they were waiting. tongue.png

No way will they give Malceski a 3 year deal on 650k a year. if they could get him on a 2 year deal with a 1 year clause based on performance.

My call is let Goodes go and free up some $$

Well lads,

farmerjo

Ripstanley

Ron19

PLEASE guys, take Brissie!! laugh.png

Freo will slaughter Brissie

(some mind games from the top of the Tipping table? laugh.png )

Oh Ripstanley! Seduced by Brisbane?? facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Nice little outing for the boys down at Etihad... Buddy bagged another half dozen to sure up the Coleman and the Minor Premiership which we haven't done since 1996 when Plugger took it out. Swans haven't won the double Minor Premiership / Premiership since 1909 wink.png but certainly looking polished enough to do it this year.

I think Horse should also invest in Malco for at least another 3 years provided Malco stays fit and those LARS knees of his hold up. Forget Frawley, not worth the agony tongue.png

They've really cocked up the feed today, the games finished and they're waiting for the post match interviews and there's some clown from Channel 7 in the seat carrying on. Hilarious. Surprised no one did the Ice Bucket Challenge whilst they were waiting. tongue.png

No way will they give Malceski a 3 year deal on 650k a year. if they could get him on a 2 year deal with a 1 year clause based on performance.

My call is let Goodes go and free up some $$

If the boys win the flag this year, I reckon Goodesy might just hang up the boots... 2 + 1 option is also a solid investment and certainly beats the agony of wondering "if" Frawley could figure out his potential. Goodesy's contract would mostly come out of the veteran list payment though (so technically not freeing up too much moola), I think if O'Keefe is done that will also free up some decent cashola...

If the boys win the flag this year, I reckon Goodesy might just hang up the boots... 2 + 1 option is also a solid investment and certainly beats the agony of wondering "if" Frawley could figure out his potential. Goodesy's contract would mostly come out of the veteran list payment though (so technically not freeing up too much moola), I think if O'Keefe is done that will also free up some decent cashola...

It would just be that Malceski wants the 3 years. Too risky at his age on that money for a defender.

Let's hope they can do a deal though.

Sam Reid can go. Melbourne can have him.

AFL football operations manager Mark Evans says Channel Seven vision distorted goal review process

AFL football boss Mark Evans has slammed Channel Seven, angry the broadcaster deliberately omitted vision of Sam Mitchell’s controversial goal review on Saturday night.

Seven was forced into an apology after the only angle shown appeared to indicate Hawk Mitchell’s third-quarter shot had fully crossed the line.

A more accurate angle — used in the official score review — showing the ball touched by Hamish McIntosh on the line was never shown by Seven or the MCG scoreboard operator.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/afl-football-operations-manager-mark-evans-says-channel-seven-vision-distorted-goal-review-process/story-e6frg1xu-1227034899898

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

This week there were 2 tipsters who picked the field. Well done Farmerjo and Ron19. This week winner was Farmerjo who had the best margin. Farmerjo is still the overall leader by 3 points. Very hard to beat.

Last round coming up. Do not forget the margin is on the 2nd last game of the round. Adelaide V St kilda

Congrats to Farmerjo and ron19!

Good tip about the margin game Rip, I didn't know that.

It will take a round of miracle upsets next week for farmerjo to lose, but I only need a clean sweep to take out 2nd place! w00t.gif

I will arrange to have the trophy handed over...sad.png

With consent of the organisers,would be happy to see a double points round to spice things up if possible.thumbsup.gif

Well done Ron.

And well done Kangaroosbiggrin.png

• Like 2

This week there were 2 tipsters who picked the field. Well done Farmerjo and Ron19. This week winner was Farmerjo who had the best margin. Farmerjo is still the overall leader by 3 points. Very hard to beat.

Last round coming up. Do not forget the margin is on the 2nd last game of the round. Adelaide V St kilda

It will take a round of miracle upsets next week for farmerjo to lose, but I only need a clean sweep to take out 2nd place! w00t.gif

With consent of the organisers,would be happy to see a double points round to spice things up if possible.thumbsup.gif

Well done Ron.

Thankyou for your comment and likewise in return.I like the idea of the double points suggestion.

Edited by Ron19

What is it with Melbourne, they want a priority pick they can use before selection N# 1. Melbourne have had a decade of number 1 and priority picks and used them for Dudds. Don't punish the other clubs just because Melbourne hires morons as talent scouts.

ST KILDA coach Alan Richardson says it would be “surprising” if Melbourne was granted a priority draft pick, questioning whether the Demons’ ladder placing warranted one.

The Demons lodged their submission with the AFL requesting a priority pick on Monday, the day after their 64-point thrashing from an injury-hit Greater Western Sydney at the MCG.

Melbourne sits above the bottom-placed Saints on the ladder, with percentage separating the sides that each have four wins for the season.

While Richardson believed the priority pick system had historically “worked really well”, he questioned how the Demons could be handed one if they finished in 17th position.

“I think it would be surprising if a club that finishes above you on the ladder ends up with (a priority pick),’’ Richardson said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-says-it-would-be-surprised-if-melbourne-were-awarded-the-no1-draft-pick-by-afl/story-fni5f9q3-1227030963666

Well done Ron.

Thankyou for your comment and likewise in return.I like the idea of the double points suggestion.

What do the other members of the tipping comp think about double points for the final round?

There are two for it to happen at the moment. Please post your thoughts.

Double points eh?

Very generous of farmerjo.

It gives some of us a sniff at victory, couple of upsets under the belt. wink.png Even chooka could win! (well, maybe not)

If the system allows it I'm okay with it

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

4 teams next week all trying for that 8th position.

Downloaded and watched the Eagles v Melbourne game yesterday.

Was really disappointed they didn't finish Melbourne off and win by

100 points plus. We have about 4.5% over Ade but it could've been

so much better after leading by 70 at 3 quarter time. A wasted opportunity.

Frawley was average, which is to be expected as he is average.

Special comment for Jack Watts who was playing on Jamie Bennell.

Watts is 6ft 4 and Bennell is 5.9 (in his boots) and he beat Watts in the

air in the first 4 contests.

Dermie was scathing on him.

Alex, you obviously see something I don't.

I reckon he's got the heart the size of a caraway seed.

• Like 1