Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Double points eh?

Very generous of farmerjo.

It gives some of us a sniff at victory, couple of upsets under the belt. wink.png Even chooka could win! (well, maybe not)

If the system allows it I'm okay with it

It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but as asked, I'd prefer to leave it as is.

Farmerjo deserves his lead.

I don't think moving the goalposts midway is great.

But if you want to give a sucker (me) an even break, go right aheadtongue.png

• Like 2

Double points eh?

Very generous of farmerjo.

It gives some of us a sniff at victory, couple of upsets under the belt. wink.png Even chooka could win! (well, maybe not)

If the system allows it I'm okay with it

It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but as asked, I'd prefer to leave it as is.

Farmerjo deserves his lead.

I don't think moving the goalposts midway is great.

But if you want to give a sucker (me) an even break, go right aheadtongue.png

Actually, I'll go with what Will says here. A full season of tipping...whoever is in front deserves to be there.

Always next year for the rest of us laugh.png

• Like 2

Nice little outing for the boys down at Etihad... Buddy bagged another half dozen to sure up the Coleman and the Minor Premiership which we haven't done since 1996 when Plugger took it out. Swans haven't won the double Minor Premiership / Premiership since 1909 wink.png but certainly looking polished enough to do it this year.

Mitchell in his first senior game back looked a little flat but was pretty hard in the tackle which was pleasing. Gary Rohan, this kid can do everything, one of the hardest tacklers I've seen for a while the kid never gave up and just has so much pace. Stay injury free and the kid's a star!

I think Horse should also invest in Malco for at least another 3 years provided Malco stays fit and those LARS knees of his hold up. Forget Frawley, not worth the agony tongue.png

Cindarella subbed out at 3/4 time, looked a bit proppy at the end but should be just a player management decision. Not sure if he'll play next week for the same reasons. Butterfingers was withdrawn before the start.

They've really cocked up the feed today, the games finished and they're waiting for the post match interviews and there's some clown from Channel 7 in the seat carrying on. Hilarious. Surprised no one did the Ice Bucket Challenge whilst they were waiting. tongue.png

Oh come on Mr. Smith, you're being too modest.

You forgot to add Harry Cunningham for the NAB Rising Star and Joey Kennedy for the Brownlowtongue.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

tongue.png

Nice little outing for the boys down at Etihad... Buddy bagged another half dozen to sure up the Coleman and the Minor Premiership which we haven't done since 1996 when Plugger took it out. Swans haven't won the double Minor Premiership / Premiership since 1909 wink.png but certainly looking polished enough to do it this year.

Mitchell in his first senior game back looked a little flat but was pretty hard in the tackle which was pleasing. Gary Rohan, this kid can do everything, one of the hardest tacklers I've seen for a while the kid never gave up and just has so much pace. Stay injury free and the kid's a star!

I think Horse should also invest in Malco for at least another 3 years provided Malco stays fit and those LARS knees of his hold up. Forget Frawley, not worth the agony tongue.png

Cindarella subbed out at 3/4 time, looked a bit proppy at the end but should be just a player management decision. Not sure if he'll play next week for the same reasons. Butterfingers was withdrawn before the start.

They've really cocked up the feed today, the games finished and they're waiting for the post match interviews and there's some clown from Channel 7 in the seat carrying on. Hilarious. Surprised no one did the Ice Bucket Challenge whilst they were waiting. tongue.png

You forgot to add Harry Cunningham for the NAB Rising Star and Joey Kennedy for the Brownlowtongue.png

I'm excited about Sydney this year. We still have Bird, Kennedy, Mcglynn to come back.

Cunningham has been brilliant this year. Lot of potential there.

i think we were a better team with Sam Reid out.

70-year-old footy fan evicted from Etihad Stadium over alleged racial slurs towards Lance Franklin

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/yearold-footy-fan-evicted-from-etihad-stadium-over-alleged-racial-slurs-towards-lance-franklin/story-e6frg1xu-1227035725845

Another <deleted>, and at his age!

A funny incident from the crowd in the Swans V Bulldogs game was when one of the Bulldogs supporters behind goal took some cash from his wallet and held it up in the air shouting and waving it at Buddy.

I was hoping He would go over and take it tongue.png

• Like 2

70-year-old footy fan evicted from Etihad Stadium over alleged racial slurs towards Lance Franklin

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/yearold-footy-fan-evicted-from-etihad-stadium-over-alleged-racial-slurs-towards-lance-franklin/story-e6frg1xu-1227035725845

A funny incident from the crowd in the Swans V Bulldogs game was when one of the Bulldogs supporters behind goal took some cash from his wallet and held it up in the air shouting and waving it at Buddy.

A funny incident at the Eagles game as well.

The TV focused on a guy holding a sign that said "My mum loves big Cox"laugh.png

• Like 1

A funny incident at the Eagles game as well.

The TV focused on a guy holding a sign that said "My mum loves big Cox"laugh.png

clap2.gif

That has to be sign of the year!

• Like 1

Oh yes forgot about young Harold... I'll have to add him to my multi, not sure about Joey though, given that the AFL has recently (unconfirmed) given special dispensation to Gary Ablett for this years Brownlow which allows him to continue to poll the equivalent votes achieved in the rounds following his season ending injury based on those votes polled in the subsequent rounds. Ground breaking stuff if it's confirmed :P

Joey could still very well be in the running for the Brownlow if he plays this weekend. By all accounts he might, but given the game is being played at ANZ stadium that's a huge gamble for Horse, if he's able to play unhindered stick him in the seconds for a week to give him a kick but we all know the surface at ANZ is a shit fight.

Also boys, check this shit out... http://www.fox8.tv/shows/the-recruit

This a reality TV show running on FOX in Australia, it's been announced today by the AFL, that the winner of the show will be given his choice of club! What a &lt;deleted&gt; farce!

• Like 2

This week there were 2 tipsters who picked the field. Well done Farmerjo and Ron19. This week winner was Farmerjo who had the best margin. Farmerjo is still the overall leader by 3 points. Very hard to beat.

Last round coming up. Do not forget the margin is on the 2nd last game of the round. Adelaide V St kilda

Congrats to Farmerjo and ron19!

Good tip about the margin game Rip, I didn't know that.

It will take a round of miracle upsets next week for farmerjo to lose, but I only need a clean sweep to take out 2nd place! w00t.gif

I will arrange to have the trophy handed over...sad.png

With consent of the organisers,would be happy to see a double points round to spice things up if possible.thumbsup.gif

Well done Ron.

And well done Kangaroosbiggrin.png

What do the other members of the tipping comp think about double points for the final round?

There are two for it to happen at the moment. Please post your thoughts.

I notice that a couple of members have expressed doubt about implementing a change mid stream so it might be better to leave it as is.

Apparently (according to the AFL website) the other player involved was Goodesy and not Jetts... Either way, piss poor behaviour for a 70 year old...

• Like 1

Apparently (according to the AFL website) the other player involved was Goodesy and not Jetts... Either way, piss poor behaviour for a 70 year old...

Here is the article: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-25/police-probe-slurs

An interesting quote from the article

Swans officials have privately expressed their frustration about the matter, which is an unwelcome distraction for a side sitting atop the AFL ladder heading into the final round of the home and away season.
Sunday's 63-point victory over the Bulldogs was the Swans' 17th triumph this year, the highest win total in the club's 118-year history.
They have previously won 16 games in a season three times, most recently in their premiership-winning campaign of 2012, and they can extend that record with a victory over Richmond on Saturda
  • Like 1

I saw an add today on Australian network advertising all AFL finals games will be shown live. Good news. I just checked their TV guide online for Thailand. It only shows up to the 31/08/14. It has recently only showing programmes 7 days in advance. Checked for the Pacific network and only showed programmes for today. There was nothing for tomorrow.

• Like 1

Western Bulldogs banner may just be the lamest banner in the history of lame banners. Fact

HERE’S a tip for one of the AFL’s most consistently hopeless teams, the Western Bulldogs. If you’re going to start a war, try and make it one you can win.

The western Melbourne club, which hasn’t won more than a handful of football games in any given season for several decades now, knew it couldn’t beat the Sydney Swans yesterday. Instead, it tried to start the infrastructure wars.

Before the game, the Bulldogs rolled out a banner which read: “SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE NOT AS LONG OR AS TALL AS THE WESTGATE — FACT.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-banner-may-just-be-the-lamest-banner-in-the-history-of-lame-banners-fact/story-fndv7pj3-1227036077937

clap2.gif

Sydneysiders reading that will be saying "Westgate? Is that a bridge? never heard of it."

Edited by BookMan

Western Bulldogs banner may just be the lamest banner in the history of lame banners. Fact

HERE’S a tip for one of the AFL’s most consistently hopeless teams, the Western Bulldogs. If you’re going to start a war, try and make it one you can win.

The western Melbourne club, which hasn’t won more than a handful of football games in any given season for several decades now, knew it couldn’t beat the Sydney Swans yesterday. Instead, it tried to start the infrastructure wars.

Before the game, the Bulldogs rolled out a banner which read: “SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE NOT AS LONG OR AS TALL AS THE WESTGATE — FACT.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-banner-may-just-be-the-lamest-banner-in-the-history-of-lame-banners-fact/story-fndv7pj3-1227036077937

clap2.gif

Sydneysiders reading that will be saying "Westgate? Is that a bridge? never head of it."

Thought it was a shopping centre :P

• Like 2

clap2.gif

Sydneysiders reading that will be saying "Westgate? Is that a bridge? never heard of it."

It's in "SOUTH MELBOURNE"

Now calls down at Saints land for Richardson's Head. He has now taken the saints to the bottom and fans not happy they want him sacked. My inside source which has always been 100% reliable so far says that he has been called before the board to show cause as to why he shouldn't be sacked.

Saints are apparently considering a new coach and it may be Robert Harvey.

clap2.gif

Sorry Bookman being an ex Sydneysider i have heard of it. It was the bridge that collapsed making it a non bridge for some time. The coathanger is still going strong

Edited by ripstanley

clap2.gif

It's in "SOUTH MELBOURNE"

cheesy.gif

clap2.gif

Sorry Bookman being an ex Sydneysider i have heard of it. It was the bridge that collapsed making it a non bridge for some time. The coathanger is still going strong

I thought it might have been the gate they lock to keep Melbournians in the city

• Like 1

Some interesting games this week"

Carlton V Essendon. Season is over for Carlton, Port demolished them last week. Essendon are safe in the top 8. Which side cares more?

Freo V Port. Game of the round. For my money Freo will give the young pretenders Port a lesson in what level they need to reach.

Syd v Richmond: Richmond have to win. They

lose and West Coast or Adelaide can take their spot.

The game is irrelevant to Sydney, They are already top 2, most likely 1. But. Sydney have a lot of young players all wanting to play finals, to prove they should be in the team. Difficult to pick this game until we see the Sydney team announced.

Gold Coast v West Coast.

Gold Coast cant make the 8, but can they stop West Coast from making the 8? I know Khun- Willy Wonka- Handsome- Man-with-Good-Heart and Oldcroc will be hoping for the win....and that Sydney beat Richmond

• Like 2

Dont discount the suns.

Played some goodl footy last week.

But thats the only game in the mix for me.

Maybe dogsvgws but dogs should do it fairly easy.

Tigers might as well start there end of season trip in sydney and keep going.

They will be competative for 1st half then get blown away.