Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Were you doing a trade or swapping a substitute?

If trade, tap on the player and tap 'trade' then go through the list then tap the player you want to bring in, it should then prompt you through completing the trade.

If you're making a substitute, you tap (once) the player that you're subbing out it will then come up with a series of prompts on what you want to do. Tap the 'swap' option, you then tap on the player you want to bring in and it should then swap them around.

Make sure you tap 'save changes' otherwise it will go back to the way it was.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

If trade, tap on the player and tap 'trade' then go through the list then tap the player you want to bring in, it should then prompt you through completing the trade.

If you're making a substitute, you tap (once) the player that you're subbing out it will then come up with a series of prompts on what you want to do. Tap the 'swap' option, you then tap on the player you want to bring in and it should then swap them around.

Hope that helps

Cheers GS. I pretty Much need to swap out 8 players.

I'll give that a go later

Sent from my HTC One X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Hope that helps

I traded out 6 this week and will look at it again on Thursday before the round. Not touching my midfield tho very happy there as every player returned me at least 100 points. Watson © gave me a very handy 306 points. Dunstan first gamer for the saints 126 points. Selwood, Watson or Ablett for capatain was a hard choice.

Edited by chooka

Hope that helps

I traded out 6 this week and will look at it again on Thursday before the round. Not touching my midfield tho very happy there as every player returned me at least 100 points. Watson © gave me a very handy 306 points. Dunstan first gamer for the saints 126 points. Selwood, Watson or Ablett for capatain was a hard choice.

How many points did you end up with? I only got 1668. I had 3 who did not play. Have to keep an eye out on Thusday.

Hope that helps

How many points did you end up with? I only got 1668. I had 3 who did not play. Have to keep an eye out on Thusday.

1,970 with 4 non starters. My midfield netted me a total of 1,108 points so the rest were fairly average.

May very well be a talented kid but I guess this is why every other club kept way clear of him.

Struggling Garlett and Hawks part ways

DAYLE Garlett has quit Hawthorn.

According to Hawthorn football manager Chris Fagan, the troubled recruit has struggled with the demands of AFL football and has decided to return to Perth.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-25/garlett-quits-hawks

Nice one cupola.

I didn't see the game but it looked like Carlton came right back in the last quarter...kicking too many behinds

And out of bounds from inside their 50. At one stage it was 2 goals 5 behinds and 4 out of bounds for Carlton. I listened to the last 10 minutes. The scores were equal with about 6 minutes to go. Richmond kicked their last goal with about 10 seconds to go.

Edited by ripstanley

Nice one cupola.

I didn't see the game but it looked like Carlton came right back in the last quarter...kicking too many behinds

And out of bounds from inside their 50. At one stage it was 2 goals 5 behinds and 4 out of bounds for Carlton. I listened to the last 10 minutes. The scores were equal with about 6 minutes to go. Richmond kicked their last goal with about 10 seconds to go.

How does it work, you have the opening game in the tipping contest and you have to tip the margin? Is that what decides who is 1st, 2nd etc on the tipping board? A little like a percentage for close runners

Nice one cupola.

How does it work, you have the opening game in the tipping contest and you have to tip the margin? Is that what decides who is 1st, 2nd etc on the tipping board? A little like a percentage for close runners
looks that way. I guess it makes it easier over the year to declare a winner

That's pretty much how it works lads.

If you win you get the difference between your margin and the actual margin, you lose and you get the difference in your margin doubled.

It's used in the event of a tied leaderboard.

As for today's match, poor kicking from the blues did them no favors, fortunately none of them in my DT...

• Like 1

Nice one cupola.

looks that way. I guess it makes it easier over the year to declare a winner

Here are the rules from the tipping website. We have our own comp but everyone is also in the over comp and can win a weekly prize. In round 1 there were 21 who picked 9/9 but the overall winner had picked the margin of 71 or 69 because their margin was 1

OVERALL RANKING

17. Throughout the Season, the Promoter will maintain a leaderboard which ranks the Entrants from highest to lowest based on their Scores. To determine the ranking of two or more Entrants that have an equal Score, the Entrant with the lower Cumulative Margin will rank higher than other Entrants with corresponding equal Scores ("Ranking").

WEEKLY PRIZE

18. The Entrant with the highest Score for each respective Round during the Season will be the winner of the Weekly Prize for that Round. Each winner's name will be published at www.tipping.afl.com.au within seven (7) days of the end of the respective Round.

19. If there are two or more Entrants with equal highest Score for a Round, then the Weekly Prize for that Round will be awarded to the tied Entrant with the lowest Margin Difference for the Margin Game of that Round. In the event that there is still a tie after taking into consideration the Margin Difference, the winner will be the Entrant (from those remaining tied Entrants) who first submitted their last tip for that Round of the Season.

20. The winner of each Round will be determined at the Judging Location every Tuesday at 2pm following the Round. Beginning on 14 March 2014 (Round 1). Each winner will be notified in writing within two (2) working days after the end of the respective Round for which they were determined a winner.

21. The winner of each Round will receive from the Promoter 1 x 12-month AFL Live Subscription Pass & 1 x Official AFL Sherrin Football, valued in total at AUD$179.95 (inc GST) ("Weekly Prize"). The Subscription Pass is subject to any terms and conditions of the pass.

Ahhhhh!

I picked Essendon and thought they were home, being

10 points up with 3 minutes to gosad.png

I tipped the hawks but thought Essendon were home. Just love those sort of games unless my team is on the receiving end.

• Like 1

Can't deny there was some cohesion lacking last game... End of last year injuries were more the issue.

We'll see against Collingwood

Did you watch the Saints / GWS game? See they can be beaten if you just try.

Oh did I mention that the saints are undefeated this year.

• Like 2

Can't deny there was some cohesion lacking last game... End of last year injuries were more the issue.

Hang on chooka, didn't you say

"I think after the 1st 5 rounds GWS will be 5/0 and could be sitting on top of the ladder but it will be all down hill from there."

biggrin.png

Hang on chooka, didn't you say

"I think after the 1st 5 rounds GWS will be 5/0 and could be sitting on top of the ladder but it will be all down hill from there."

biggrin.png

Yea I did, and I still thought they would beat the saints even tho I didn't pick the giants in the tipping. Maybe the saints can be 5/0 nah that's pushing it a little bit to far.

Geez the Adelaide Oval looks awesome, flew over it last Sunday and can't wait to watch a footy game there.

Was just a shame Port is playing there today :P

But it gets worse, in May when I'm there, the Pies will be playing :P

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm not sure what is worse...

Excitement over a st Kilda GWS game or chooka on top of the tipping

• Like 1

Well I'm not on top of the tipping, a few games to go. But Bookman please let me live a moment. The saints are undefeatedbiggrin.png in 2 weeks my moment is gone, my joy is gone and my season most probably too. Let me live it whilst I can.biggrin.png

That's what I love about this forum. full of friendly dislikes and friendly banter

• Like 2

i watched the game dunstan recieved the rising star nomination last week and played well again this week. The guy is going to be something for the saints. He joined an exclusive club with judd,powerand Heppell i like your other guy eli templeton also the exclusive club is being nominated as therising star in your very first game Edited by Kooweerup

Well I'm not on top of the tipping, a few games to go. But Bookman please let me live a moment. The saints are undefeatedbiggrin.png in 2 weeks my moment is gone, my joy is gone and my season most probably too. Let me live it whilst I can.biggrin.png

That's what I love about this forum. full of friendly dislikes and friendly banter

And Swans are 0/2. They will cost the perfect score. In my opinion Franklin was a total waste of money. We should have hung onto Mumford instead of outlaying for Franklin. Mumford has had 2 great games for GWS. I have him in my fantasy team

• Like 1