Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Gang

I didn't see the game but listened to most of it.

It seemed obvious to me that Freo needed another big target.

Did Ross Lyon drop the ball by not playing McPharlan up forward

to help Pav?

He made the moved late but it seemed way too late.

Paul Roos on Sydney, Lockett and this weeks game.

The former Swans coach, who is now calling the shots at Melbourne, said Lockett was "probably the most important figure in the Swans' history".

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/buddy-franklin-will-never-match-tony-lockett-says-paul-roos-20140425-zqzei.html#ixzz2zwl8vl2U

It is hard to argue with the assessment.

Recruitment of Lockett coincided with the Swans making GF in 1996 (Lockett kicked a behind in the prelim for the swans to make the GF). Lockett won two coleman medals and averaged almost 5 goals a game for Sydney.

There followed finals success, and fairly much from 1996 to now the Swannies have been around the finals (missed 3 years).

Recruitment of BLuddy 'ell! and Cinderella will see us back on top the next few years

Thanks GSwai2.gif

Was battling to see the keyboards after watching 3 games and quite a few tinnies.

Join in the courous(spelling not good) and sing it one and all north melbournes on the ball.biggrin.png

Chorus mate, you really should be on the ball with that one wink.png

So join in the chorus and sing it one and all, Join in the chorus North Melbourne's on the ball.
Good old North Melbourne, they're champions you'll agree, North Melbourne is the team that plays to win for you and me!

wink.png

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Gang

to help Pav?

Freo kicked themselves out of the game.

A series of missed set shots and a few out on the fulls at times they could have put the roo's away.

As mentioned there second tier aren't up for the occasion yet,but the more games they get under their belt will help.

Dont write them off yet,they will still be top 4.

Gang

to help Pav?

Freo kicked themselves out of the game.

A series of missed set shots and a few out on the fulls at times they could have put the roo's away.

As mentioned there second tier aren't up for the occasion yet,but the more games they get under their belt will help.

Dont write them off yet,they will still be top 4.

Freo also kept kicking long with no apparent purpose and no real options up front for kicking goals. They would have got away with it if their defensive pressure and intensity was like last year but decision making across the field from Freo was very average

oh boy!

at 9 mins to go in the last quarter and Carlton are gone for all money with 4 straight goals needed....but then they kick 3 goals in 3 minutes!!!

Can they do it???

stay tuned....

edit:

Carlton 4th goal in 4 minutes...scores level!!!

edit:

Carlton kicks..touched on the line...behind. Carlton lead by 1 point!

Edit:

WCE get a behind. Score level!! 3 Minutes on the clock

Edit:

Carlton goal! Carlton lead by a goal. 2.32 on the clock

Edit:

WCE shoot for goal....hits the post!!! Carlton lead by 5

Edit:

WCE on the rebound..open goal...its dribbling in!! ...hits the post AGAIN!!! Carlton lead by 4

Edit:

WCE go for goal...14 seconds on the clock....a behind!!!

Carlton win by 3! Gone for all money ...unbelievable late win

Edited by BookMan

Buddy subbed out of the game! Possible knee injury.

Twinkletoes Goodes is the sub this game and coming on to the field!!!

If BigBuddy is injured we will have a $2 million forward line, none playing

Buddy

Cinderella Tippet

Butterfingers Reid

• Like 1

I reckon there's going to be a few Demons players at the MRP this week...

Jones, Georgiou and Dunn...

LRT might as well..

Buddy taken off as a precaution? He looked pretty proppy after the game but said he was fine...

Goodesy looked like he was doing it effortlessly...

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

I reckon there's going to be a few Demons players at the MRP this week...

Jones, Georgiou and Dunn...

LRT might as well..

Buddy taken off as a precaution? He looked pretty proppy after the game but said he was fine...

Goodesy looked like he was doing it effortlessly...

Goodes looked in great touch. Swans midfield wasnt right again tonight, and we need our expensive forward line trio in action. A confident Brissie up next week.

having seen the Brissie game on TV i dont think Sydney should be overly worried, depending on injuries.

The former Swans coach, who is now calling the shots at Melbourne, said Lockett was "probably the most important figure in the Swans' history".

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/buddy-franklin-will-never-match-tony-lockett-says-paul-roos-20140425-zqzei.html#ixzz2zwl8vl2U

Recruited, developed and moulded into a champion by the saints, then the swans poached him. Saints then recruited, developed another star in big bad Barry, the Swans poached him. Saints then developed another star forward in big Nick and the swans were told to bugger off.thumbsup.gif It is about time the Sydney Swans started producing their own star forwards instead of poaching the likes of Lockett, Hall. Tippet and Franklin.

Don't you guys have any forward coaches up therebiggrin.png

• Like 1

Recruited, developed and moulded into a champion by the saints, then the swans poached him. Saints then recruited, developed another star in big bad Barry, the Swans poached him. Saints then developed another star forward in big Nick and the swans were told to bugger off.thumbsup.gif It is about time the Sydney Swans started producing their own star forwards instead of poaching the likes of Lockett, Hall. Tippet and Franklin.

Nothing wrong with poaching, it has worked well so far.'

We might give Jack Billings a call in 5 years

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with poaching, it has worked well so far.'

We might give Jack Billings a call in 5 years

Greeeerbiggrin.png

He was a died hard Bombers supporter with his room decked out with posters of Watson, Hurley and his number one hero Heppell. Played his 1st game against the Bombers and was placed on Heppell which he kept to a lousy 7 possessions whilst gaining 16 himself and 2 goals. Said he was overwhelmed just being on the field with his idols.

• Like 1

To be 4 up and let them pinch it after kicking 1.8 in the last quarter was sole destroying.

I think we probably have the 9th or 10th best midfield in the comp. We don't have a Pendlebury,

Selwood, Watson or Ablett to take the game by the scruff of the neck. All of out midfielders, with the

possible exception of Shuey, are slow in and under players like Priddis and Selwood.

To beaten by Matlhouse's mob like that has killed my weekend. I didn't even enjoy my Pringles.

I'm off for a few Beer Lao's to drown the sorrowssad.png

I felt your pain on a lesser level, having picked them in the tipping comp.

They dominated the second half, but not on the scoreboard.

• Like 1

Grrrr... Fkn stupid website!

Tried to change my tips yesterday and due to website hanging it didn't record the changes, go to check, it cancelled out my original tips...

2/5 should be 3...

My tipping 2/6 the most I can hope for is 5

im also 2/5.

Did you watch the replay of the Saint game? Billings mucked up a couple of goals late under pressure...not that he could be solely blamed by any means.

Yep,

The St's made some shocking errors as well.

Farran Ray from 20 meters out directly in front.

Even Savage's dumb 50 meter penalty with nearly

a minute still to go.

I'm 2/5 as well but have picked Port for a sneaky chance.

If the WB beat Ade and Hawthorn beat Richmond, I could

finish on 2 for the round.

Tried to change my tips yesterday and due to website hanging it didn't record the changes, go to check, it cancelled out my original tips...

2/5 should be 3...

3/7 having a shocker and my dream team is 300 points behind.

2/5 should be 3...

3/7 having a shocker and my dream team is 300 points behind.

I might be doing worse...i picked the Bulldogs to win...tongue.png ...they had their chances but blew it!

Port Adelaide up at half time on the Cats! (that'll be another tipping loss for me)

Only got 1 game today on Australia Network so missed the Port/Geelong game.

Was watching the Hawthorn/Richmond game and had to turn it off midway through

the 3rd quarter after Cyril kicked his 4th for the quarter and Bruce nearly had an accident

in his pants.

One of the guys said about Cyril "you'd pay to watch him train" whereas Bruce countered

with "you'd pay to clean his boots". He really takes the enjoyment out of it for me.

Haven't Richmond flown under the radar this year! They're 13th and are only a bee's dick

in front of GWS and they have Geelong next week.

All the games seem pretty straight forward next week with the possible exception of

Coll/Carlton and WCE/Freo??

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Im calling this Port's game.

tipping for me 3/9. at 30% i think i'll get 'Chimpy' my pet monkey to do the selections for next week.

Don't get Chimpy on board yet BookMan.

I think you got 4 in a tough round.

• Like 1

Only got 1 game today on Australia Network so missed the Port/Geelong game.

Was watching the Hawthorn/Richmond game and had to turn it off midway through

the 3rd quarter after Cyril kicked his 4th for the quarter and Bruce nearly had an accident

in his pants.

One of the guys said about Cyril "you'd pay to watch him train" whereas Bruce countered

with "you'd pay to clean his boots". He really takes the enjoyment out of it for me.

Haven't Richmond flown under the radar this year! They're 13th and are only a bee's dick

in front of GWS and they have Geelong next week.

All the games seem pretty straight forward next week with the possible exception of

Coll/Carlton and WCE/Freo??

North & Gold Coast?