Good tv series

beechbum

On 4/3/2019 at 3:21 PM, Joe Mcseismic said:

If you want to watch a good film with Steve Coogan, try Philomena. He wrote it and it's worth watching just to watch the incomparable Dame Judi Dench.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2431286/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_18

Thanks I did watch it and thought it was very good if a little close to home. If you would like an explanation of my post then read the attachment.

Philomena.docx

• Like 1

There are a lot of TV series that have had movie spin offs but it’s seens that that there over the past few years it’s going the other way with movies spurring TV series spin offs ( or mini series). Some of these are better than the movies but others don’t do the movie justice.

Any recommendations on TV series that are better than the original movies? Also which ones sucked in your opinion. 

I’ll kick it off by saying I think Animal Kingdom based on an Australian movie is pretty entertaining. Same goes for Fargo. Whereas limitless based on a movie of the same name sucks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

I never have any feedback about the suggestions I do on this threat so not sure it usefull anymore. But here is another beauty ! 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5104362/

Pakt (in Polish) or the Pact.

I'm puzzled as to why you need feedback?

Why would you care what other people think, good, or bad?

You must think it's good because you have recommended it.

Add a suggestion and move on. A pat on the back, or a comment saying it's crap is a waste of time (and thread space).

Just found this thread so forgive me if I comment on TV shows that have been mentioned in the past 92 pages.

British TV series "Line of Duty" is on again for another season,,,,,,,,excellent.

Brit cop show "Endeavor" is another one that has a run of several years and will have a season 7

I second the US "Bosch" series as a watchable show.

• Like 1

From Netflix, I enjoyed "HUGE in France" a comedy series and just started on a Canadian show "Bad Blood" not to sure about it yet, mafia type stuff.

Also from Netflix but definitely wont be everyone's type of stuff, Chris Lilley's latest show "Lunatics".

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

new series  "the Red line"
watched 1, 2 episodes last night, interesting and worth watching

Gay Black DR is mistakenly shot in the back by a white cop

That is spooky- I was watching something last night and wondered what had become of Noah Wyle since ER.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 3:07 PM, xylophone said:

Agree with all you said, however on the subject of "comedy" I tried to watch Holmes and Watson the other night but switched it off after a while as just not funny at all.

Once upon a time Will Farrell was funny. Not any more. It has been years since he did a film that was actually funny. Talk about losing it. He is on my "do not watch list", along with Shia LaBeouf, Nicholas Cage, Bruce Willis, Michael Madsen, and a few others. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Once upon a time Will Farrell was funny. Not any more. It has been years since he did a film that was actually funny. Talk about losing it. He is on my "do not watch list", along with Shia LaBeouf, Nicholas Cage, Bruce Willis, Michael Madsen, and a few others. 

Totally agree with your list.

6 hours ago, oilinki said:

I have almost watched the 1st episode. Lucifer has become more of an soap opera than a funny tv-show it used to be. 

Sissy Lucifer is not really entertaining personality.

It's just chewing-gum for the eyes..........