Phuket Police to target foreigners at night

Lite Beer

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a problem for me if the police want to do more stops at night. But if they are trying to catch criminals carrying around equipment like blow torches etc, why announce it in advance? If I as a criminal I would now transport my stuff in the day.......or get a Thai to carry it for me at night

Well, it's official then, with these statistics, Phuket is to be renamed Pattaya 2.

I would like to personally congratulate the BiB and Phuket's influential people for their wonderful administration of the island. Job well done. Keep up the good work.

I will look forward to the racial profiling at your check points.

Why would you want to bring down Pattaya's good name, No keep it as Phuket so people can be clear and avoid the ghastly over rated, over priced, over policed, over pseudo posh place,

FYI there is a village already using that at Nong Kung Soen, Khon Kaen 40150, Thailand.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=pattaya2&ie=UTF-8&ei=oxqxUv_ILY_RrQezsoDABw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg

From January to November this year, 247 foreigners in Phuket were suspects in criminal cases, Col Peerayuth noted, while the number for 2012 was 193 and for 2011 was 194.
The breakdown for 2013 is as follows:
Working without a work permit: 67
Drugs: 55
Traffic violations: 35
Expired permit to stay: 30
Offense against property: 28
Offense against life or body: 11
Crime not stated: 11
Entered the country illegally: 10

Yes, they are then perfectly qualified to work in the government!?
Edited by tomacht8

Let's see the tourist figures plummet and watch these morons scratch their head and wonder why!

The funny thing is this will not affect the figures, its the same when a company puts up its prices, they amazingly get more customers, I guess people are basically stupid.

“There is no need to carry around this kind of equipment at night,” he added.

So they will start to do this jobs in daytime .?.?

I think they are talking about skimmers to be put on the ATMs best done under cover of darkness I'm guessing.........

Xenophobia at it's finest. Bravo Mr Deputy Commander. clap2.gifcoffee1.gif

Extreme racism at its best...!! I would urge all foreigners to do what I did seven years ago, and leave Phuket for the last time...!!

Whats the problem, unless your doing something illegal?

Illegal or legal money is mandatory if you gets pulled over .. they don't want to waste time….

Well, it's official then, with these statistics, Phuket is to be renamed Pattaya 2.

I would like to personally congratulate the BiB and Phuket's influential people for their wonderful administration of the island. Job well done. Keep up the good work.

There is already a Pattaya 2 in Khon Kaen and a Pattaya 3 in Sakon Nakhon.

Tell me more about pattaya 3 please.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

is there a police to police the police in thailand?

biggest crooks, thieves, robbers, murders, extortionists, drug dealers

and if they get cought, they claim innocence, they just did a bust of a drug dealer, whatever

eventually if found guilty, they will just be on paid holliday or transferred to restart their scams in the new work environment

People, it means that we want only quality turists.

Pockets full of money and willing to pay 1000 bath fines on checkpoints. Those who don't have, please go home, you're not welcome. First we sell you stuff which is illegal and then let police to check you. And as you're so called quality turist, small amount of money means nothing to you. So please be prepared to give this small "gift" to the society and improve our service levels - what ever those are.

There are no limits in the creativity of people here, it's just concentrating what matters...money and more money. Who is the fool here, really?

Does that mean will be left alone during the day time?

35 traffic violations!? Should that not be per day, road blocks in Phuket to grab tourists not wearing crash helmets or not carrying passport or driving license must have yielded thousands, but as someone else remarked probably does not include fines going straight into police pockets.

• Like 1

Looks like the BIB's are running out of smart phones as these are confiscated in drug cases already as tools of the trade. Would be interesting how a cop who cheated in entry exams due to lack of brain will judge which items that could be useful to commit a crime...

Edited by Lupatria

There is already a Pattaya 2 in Khon Kaen and a Pattaya 3 in Sakon Nakhon.

In what way?

My wife and Grandson, both Thai, were charged -extorted- baht 600 for a taxi ride of no more than half click. Highwaymen! 'Your money or your life!' Perhaps Thailand's finest should concentrate on the villains within. Then again, perhaps they themselves skim a bit the cream off the top.

Anyway. All a good advertisement to attract foreign tourists. My brain hurts!facepalm.gif

Those amounts are small change compared to last month's bust of the gang involved with ATM skimming to the tune of 1 billion Baht. Ah yes there was also a policeman involved in that gang, maybe the police should target the police ;-)

How many decades away from that goal, do you think we are? Thailand is one of the least effective countries in the world, when it comes to targeting its own corruption. It is so ingrained here, not sure what it would take to change it. I suppose the institution of a death penalty for officials caught with public funds might help to start changing the mentality, or at least give the faint impression that what they were doing is wrong. Most other countries in the region are at least making an effort. Here? None. Zero. Zippo. It is as if they have just laid down, raised the white flag, and said we give up. Not worth the fight. No need to enter the ring. You can have the title belt. I do not have it within me to wage the fight.

Why Pattaya 2 ?

I have never ever been stopped and searched in Pattaya.

You probably don't drive a moped then!

If you mean a motorbike, I've never been stopped in Pattaya, but my bike was lifted by the BiB when it was parked in a legal parking bay beside other bikes. Pattayas BiB are crooked.

My wife and Grandson, both Thai, were charged -extorted- baht 600 for a taxi ride of no more than half click. Highwaymen! 'Your money or your life!' Perhaps Thailand's finest should concentrate on the villains within. Then again, perhaps they themselves skim a bit the cream off the top.

Anyway. All a good advertisement to attract foreign tourists. My brain hurts!facepalm.gif

Why did you not ask what the fare was first?

Personally i count for 3 of them in 2013 for not wearing a helmet and missing international license, this country is a joke

Sir

I am having trouble with your post,maybe i have not read this right

So you say you have been driving illeagly hundreds of times,you have been caught three times with small fines,and the coutry is a joke???

please explain why???

• Like 1

This is nothing more than legalised racism and is fundamentally wrong.

How is it racism when thai start checking e.g. vietnamese? Why do people on tv keep confusing foreigner with farang?

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, at night, try to differentiate Vietnamese with Thais, sitting in car, approaching the gestapo checkpoint. They are only going for honkies!!!!

Yep it is a little like trying to differentiate between an Aussie and a Kiwi sitting in a car. I have to agree they will be targeting the round eyes easier to spot as a possible tourist or expat and not a citizen.

Well, after Sir Ben's heroics in the Americas Cup, the Kiwi will be the one choking, surely ?