Rubber SHoes In Shower

Neeranam

The problem may be when the water is running through the pipes and making a weak Ground/Earth connection, this was the case in a house I stayed at.

I'd try and find the fault when not using the shower with a voltmeter but everything seemed normal...

Only when I was in the shower and the water was running would I feel electrical tingles from the metal taps etc.

Water is a very poor conductor so the shocks were not serious, but the only way to end it once and for all was to run a proper electrical earth to ground, problem solved..

I don't think rubber shoes would have helped in my case.

Rubber shower mat, Homepro.

The question was whether or not rubber would save from an electric shock.

well that puts me in my place for trying to be helpful. Answer: no they won't as you will be wet through anyway, which you might have been able to work out for yourself.

Water is a great conductor, so if you are in the shower and you dont have your shower earthed as a lot in Thailand are not earthed, you stand a good chance of dying from an electric shock as a lot of people here have done already.

• Like 2

How would you clean between your toes ?

You obviously don't know 'gerb keep'

No I don't!

Please tell me.

smile.png

I didn't either, so I googled it and it seems that it's a political party in Bulgaria.

I did Google it too - but the results that came seems not to apply for this.

Maybe, if you join that political party in Bulgaria you can have an electric hot water shower safely?

tongue.png

I think pure water does not conduct electricity, but the minerals in the water do.

Regardless, the mat would not help.

As others have indicated, a good ground is needed, One of the big downsides to the PVC plumbing is that unlike copper of even galvanized, it does not provide a good ground.

• Like 1

In a Thai Shower yes in a Farang Shower,shower over bath no

Thai shower as in bucket of water with a bowl ?

I believe that there is no risk of electrocution,

Exactly we have posters on TV who claim to be at one with their Thainess, and strongly criticise other farangs for not embracing their Thainess, but yet here we are discussing "electric" showers, not very "thai" if you ask me

Rubber shower mat, Homepro.

The question was whether or not rubber would save from an electric shock.

well that puts me in my place for trying to be helpful. Answer: no they won't as you will be wet through anyway, which you might have been able to work out for yourself.

So will a rubber mat from Homepro save from an electric shock?