Experiences with Thai wifes,

2008bangkok

I wanted to get this off my chest so i dont bring in negative thoughts for the NY but i would like other TV members experiences with there Thai wifes.

Iv been with my Mrs for 10 yrs, both a similar age, lived all that time in Thailand, and worked full time for most of it.

We have 2 kids together and I genuinally do love the girl, I wont sit and rant about individual episodes but I have to say she does the absolute bare minimum in life for herself and the kids and just seems to be happy to daze through life.

Its at the point now where after so long i just dont want to be with here anymore, she brings nothing to the family table that a lazy maid couldnt bring, moans pretty much 90% of the time and despite the countless conversations either doesnt understand or doesnt want to improve herself or the kids, its like she wants to live an urban village life and for us to come down to her way of living rather than her coming up to my way of living.

So im wondering if it is just her, whether its a issan thing or if other TV members have the same issue.

Cheers and please no flaming, looking for genuine experiences as im sure there are many!

Nothing to do with being "Thai". Lazy wife.

OB

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not married and do not plan to get married but I must say my Thai girlfriend who I have been living with for one year now is a fantastic friend and partner, she looks after me and I look after her (and I do not mean keep giving her money), we have been together everyday and night for the last year we do everything together and we have a great time. I could not wish for a better women to be with.

• Like 1

that is exactly what I had, BUT,

I did give her money,

but it was worth it, because she also had a home in the suburbs, with a swimming pool and a guarded gate

I moved in with her

if I didnt do the above,

I would have never seen her because she had to work,

and I would have been giving nearly the same amount in BAHT to a fat chinese condo owner, and not had the same girl to sleep with every night, in her kingsize, very comfy bed.

I didnt have the time, nor the inclination to meet anyone else as I found what I wanted, and paid for it

My Thai wife is the best, Have being together with her for over seven years now, and if I have a regret , it is that I did not meet her earlier.

Unabashedly in love with her, best thing that ever happened to me.smile.png

• Like 2

I am sorry for your personal unhappiness. I am putting together a booklet with advice for Western men to live with and marry Thai women. I will read all the messages here with great interest and use some of the wisdom herein, when I find some.

The sad situation in Thailand seems to be a Western Man, WM, comes to Thailand filled with the idea of getting himself a little brown servant who he can mold to his will. WM makes little effort to learn about the woman he has connected with and basically says "change to my expectations" because I am paying the bills. That is an untenable distribution of power in a relationship and the seeds for failure are too many to really overcome.

Your description of your Thai wife mirrors millions of Thai who do not share the Dog Eat Dog, competitive, striving world view of the WM. Yes "they" are quite content to live day to day, be surrounded by FAMILY, and set goals that are very short term (one day). These ideas are anathema to the WM who believes in his world view of "constant betterment."

My advice, worth just what you paid for it, is for you to release your captive back to her own culture because you will never get the Thai out of a Thai woman. It is so odd that WM come here because of the admirable traits of the women and then set about immediately trying to make them over into Westernized types, the very types a smart WM will be attempting to escape.

WM at the next stool are complaining they cant get a good hamburger; I say, if you want things to be "just like back home," THEN GO BACK HOME before you take on a good Thai woman and try to bend her to your ideas.

Read up on Cultural imperialism.

• Like 2

I am sorry for your personal unhappiness. I am putting together a booklet with advice for Western men to live with and marry Thai women. I will read all the messages here with great interest and use some of the wisdom herein, when I find some.

The sad situation in Thailand seems to be a Western Man, WM, comes to Thailand filled with the idea of getting himself a little brown servant who he can mold to his will. WM makes little effort to learn about the woman he has connected with and basically says "change to my expectations" because I am paying the bills. That is an untenable distribution of power in a relationship and the seeds for failure are too many to really overcome.

Your description of your Thai wife mirrors millions of Thai who do not share the Dog Eat Dog, competitive, striving world view of the WM. Yes "they" are quite content to live day to day, be surrounded by FAMILY, and set goals that are very short term (one day). These ideas are anathema to the WM who believes in his world view of "constant betterment."

My advice, worth just what you paid for it, is for you to release your captive back to her own culture because you will never get the Thai out of a Thai woman. It is so odd that WM come here because of the admirable traits of the women and then set about immediately trying to make them over into Westernized types, the very types a smart WM will be attempting to escape.

WM at the next stool are complaining they cant get a good hamburger; I say, if you want things to be "just like back home," THEN GO BACK HOME before you take on a good Thai woman and try to bend her to your ideas.

wish I could give more than one like to this postclap2.gif

why?

this post was for me, like a bad play,

you hope is gets better because you paid for it already, but it doesnt

what a load of manure,

the only thing you got right, is the difficulty finding a good hamburger,

this post assumes so much, it has no chance of a sliver of fact ever being attached to it

Why?

Because you just don't get it.

and nothing I can say will change that.

She will change just as much as you will change.

How much can you change?

Either accept her for who she is or move on.

Firstly i am single and not married and don't even want a GF ( out of choice ). But i think the most important thing with meeting a lady and having a relationship is first of all make sure you get on together and like most of the same things! it must be a 50/50 imput from both sides ( and yes financially too! ) Ladies are not slaves and i would certainly not expect a lady to do all the housework and cook the food - it should be a shared thing! Also giving a lady a lump of cash every month is not the best idea either.You should be together only because you both like each other and for no other reason! My biggest problem living in Thailand ( if i am honest ) is that all the things i like to do - most Thai ladies don't seem to like! I enjoy a simple life.I love walking and walk about 10 KM every morning.I spend most of my days " outside " with this wonderful climate.I ride a bicycle ( i don't want a car ) i don't like being indoors on a sunny day and i most certainly do not watch TV! I love to be " out and about " socializing with people ( it should be noted that i am not shy...) when going away on trips i only travel by " Train " ( i don't like buses ) and love to take photos.I don't drink or smoke and obviously never go to bars! So as you can see it's almost impossible to meet somebody who likes any of the things that i like doing! Most Thai ladies that i meet they don't seem to like 1.The Sun 2.Being outside 3.Walking anywhere 4.Travelling by train 5.Riding a bicycle Most seem to just like being indoors watching TV and sleeping!!! I just couldn't cope with even 5 minutes of living like that! so i will carry on being " single " lol

wai2.gif

why?

this post was for me, like a bad play,

you hope is gets better because you paid for it already, but it doesnt

what a load of manure,

the only thing you got right, is the difficulty finding a good hamburger,

this post assumes so much, it has no chance of a sliver of fact ever being attached to it

Why?

Because you just don't get it.

and nothing I can say will change that.

She will change just as much as you will change.

How much can you change?

Either accept her for who she is or move on.

because you assume men come here expecting to find a slave

• Like 1

because you assume men come here expecting to find a slave

No,not at all.

First it was not my reply, I just liked, CharlesHH's reply, and if I read his reply correctly, he does not assumes that either.

Some men, come here with unrealistic expectations, as far as the cultural differences are concerned,and the economics of the relationship (what each person contributes, not only economically, but emotionally also)

And that attitude leads to relationship problems.

You can read it in the numerous threads complaining about Thailand,Thais and Thai women.

some of the dynamics that affect this attitude are, as CharlesHH said, cultural imperialism, and I might add, Ethnocentrism.

Ethnocentrism leading to Cultural Imperialism. (these are a couple of terms worth reading more about)

IMO, the sooner, some of us realizes that, at least culturally, we are not better or worst, just different, the sooner we will begin to have a more healthy and productive relationship for all involved.

I think what CharlesHH says is,

If you don't like Thai, you should not have come to Thailand, much the same as if you do not like getting wet, you should not go swimming.

Again, no all, Some ,

I know plenty of Farangs here in Thailand and abroad , who have a healthy relationship with their Thai wife.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The sad situation in Thailand seems to be a Western Man, WM, comes to Thailand filled with the idea of getting himself a little brown servant who he can mold to his will. WM makes little effort to learn about the woman he has connected with and basically says "change to my expectations" because I am paying the bills. That is an untenable distribution of power in a relationship and the seeds for failure are too many to really overcome..

I think it is YOU, who should read up about naivete, carpets, carabou unversity instead of your silly leaflets.

You can pedastalise these women if you choose and have enough cash to indulge them and their grasping relatives, IF YOU WISH. They will not respect you, you will be treated like a carpet and ATM. maybe after a few years here you will educate yourself about these thieving ladies.

As i have said many many times already, TRY TELLING THEM THAT YOUR MONEY HAS RUN OUT then you will see the nonsense that you have just written, GO ON TRY IT!

Edited by parmo2

Thai women only want your money , all these naive men saying Thai women are wonderful are simply paying for these women to have an easy life at their expense. Of course the Thai women will be happy , the alternative for them is 12 hours at a factory cutting heads off chickens.

They are simple third world women from a feudal country. They are very very very lucky to have met YOU.

I'd say it is the women that HAVEN'T met YOU that are lucky.

T

I guess that you do a good impression of a carpet, there is a female pedastal on top of you after all.

Good read. All I can do is laugh in many ways. Woman are woman. There are good ones and bad ones on every continent. I have a nice wife. Does it matter that she is Thai or not........NOPE. She is just a nice person. She has her quirks but we all do.

I don't get why men come on here and rant away about if you stop the money they will leave. Did anyone of you guys really think it would be different? That you landed on a continent where the woman don't care about it? That they would sit by and do everything you said without question? I am not sure who the ignorant one is in this situation. Its the same everywhere in the world. If you live in the states and have no money they leave you as well. Its not a Thai thing. Far to much emphasis is put on that. Woman want security. Its just that simple.

In the end the OP is struggling with a wife who he sees as being a minimalist and wants her to do more. Sure there are areas in Thailand where maybe the education and gene pool is thin but again, no different than anywhere else. You pick from poverty you have to lower your expectations IMHO. Another significant hurdle is if the gal is quite young her life experiences are limited so if you are one that chose to settle down with a woman in her 20's or even early 30's you have to keep that in mind.

Hope it all worked out being the OP started this thread back in 2013

I have been in a relationship similar to yours. I kept telling myself, she will improve, she will learn and be more active. It never happened and after 6 years I moved on. At the time it was a big decision, but looking back it was the best decision I ever made.

Don't torment yourself, move on and take it as a learning experience.

A wise man indeed. Life is simply too short to spend it with someone who does not inspire you. Ask yourself, do we make each other a better version of ourselves? Is every day together a really good day? If not, may be time to move on. I tend to oversimplify things, so this is just my version of things. But, I do believe it takes two, to improve something. If she is not motivated enough to communicate with you, and address your concerns, she may be just a bump on a log. Do you want to spend the rest of your life, with a mere bump on a log? Or do you aspire for more?

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Still amazes me that so many blokes seem to think it's only Thai women that are after our money. I've had enough wive's and girlfriend's to know it doesn't matter which country you are in....women cost a lot of dosh. Get over it, keep paying and be happy with what you've got. If you're not just find another one and try again....practice makes perfect...LOL.[/quote

So true. The number of western men who have been brainwashed into thinking how prefect, saintly, and selfless western women are, is staggering. They will do anything to defend them. I have never met a western woman, who was not interested in financial security. Never one who did not prefer a man with money, if given a choice. Rarely met one who slept with a man without being wined and dined first. Unless of course he was either famous, super rich, drove a Lamborghini, or was Brad Pitt. Break away from the western imposed delusion. Shake the hypnotic spell. Breathe the fresh air of Asia.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Being a lazy woman who is not trying her best for her children is considered part of Thai culture now? I would have thought being lazy and unproductive is more of a personal trait not exclusive or attached to any country or region around the world.

Edited by kevozman1

Being a lazy woman who is not trying her best for her children is considered part of Thai culture now? I would have thought being lazy and unproductive is more of a personal trait not exclusive or attached to any country or region around the world.

My sentiment exactly Kevozman1. When did this become exclusive to Thai's? Sure seems like a lot of guys have/had on rose colored glasses and see/saw Thailand as this tropical nirvana. Silly.

Thai women are far more greedy and entitled than western women even. Their only concern is getting your money , but as long as the cash flows they will pretend to be caring

"some" is the word your'e looking for in there BUT having said that Id say "many" are extremely lazy happy living in a tin hut with no thought of tomorrow, with little to no parenting skills probably as its too much effort.

I cant and dont want to live like that, but as Sirineou said they are already set in their ways and are unlikely to change

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thai women are far more greedy and entitled than western women even. Their only concern is getting your money , but as long as the cash flows they will pretend to be caring

It's Unfortunate that you have had such a bad experience with Thai women....apparently you are not alone. But, as always, there are those on the other side of the spectrum....ME! I have been very lucky to meet a wonderful women (see prior post ...reposted below ) as others have too!

Sorry to hear such unhappiness with your mate of 10 years. I too have been married for 10 years to an Issan women close to my age. She, though, is the exact opposite of your wife (glad to say). Although she is only formally educated through grade 4, she has raised a family (3 children) on her own for 10 years before I met her. When I did meet her she spoke NO English (met her at the hospital where she worked). Told her boss that she was special and I would like to take her out BUT she had to learn English for it to work. So ....sent her school at 45 and within six months (she studied hard and practiced all the time) she spoke passable English...enough so that we got married a few years into the relation. She is a fantastic mother, motivates her kids, a GREAT cook, and keeps a spotless house. I count my blessings having met her (married to 3 western women prior who's only motivation was to see how much money they could get out of me.....Not to say my Thai wife doesn't worry about money but on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being western women) my wife concern for money is about 3.

Hope the New Year brings better things for you and your family .....Good luck

Just because I have an opposing view about Thai ladies, you seem to think that gives you a right to make personal attacks and insults. I am not like that, I respect your view , my experiences are different from yours but I do not make personal attacks and assumptions. ASSUME - makes an ASS out of U and of ME.

You assume I am a man and you assume many things

Thai women only want your money , all these naive men saying Thai women are wonderful are simply paying for these women to have an easy life at their expense. Of course the Thai women will be happy , the alternative for them is 12 hours at a factory cutting heads off chickens.

They are simple third world women from a feudal country. They are very very very lucky to have met YOU.

I'd say it is the women that HAVEN'T met YOU that are lucky.

T

I guess that you do a good impression of a carpet, there is a female pedastal on top of you after all.

If choosing to treat women (Thai or otherwise) as equals and with respect means to you that I'm a dormant, then: guilty.

The alternative is to be a pig.

You seem to have made your choice, as have I.

T

Ah I am a "pig" just because I don't agree with you. If you choose to make personal attacks and be abusive that is up to you, I don't do that , I just give my experiences. But I will say that your behavior is female not male.

If you think farang spending 99% and Thai lady spending 1% is "equality", then take up my challenge and tell her that your money has run out, you will see how much "equality" and "respect" there really is.

You are "dormant" then ? Enjoy your sleep

Edited by parmo2

Jake, how much does your wife contribute financially to your nuclear family budget and how much of her money does she give to HER family ?

I have said written MANY times already these Thai women will behave well as long as money is flowing, it is a job to them only and the alternative work is long hours for 300 baht a day.

I understand why many men succumb to these women but for me they are ultra naive , you must understand the feudal Thai culture and third world economy. To Thai women having rich farang husband is winning the lottery , a short cut out of their feudal vassal existence.

ill tell you how much she puts into our relationship,,,

as you might know i work in the oil and gas, and im usualy away 35 days then home 35days,

now while im away my wife works cleaning our pigs, collecting the duck and chicken eggs, goes and collects new piglest, gets the pig feed,

all this and being a mother and taking care of the house,

so do you want to put a price on all this work?

as for giving money to HER family as you so kindly put it, THEY ARE MY FAMILY TOO, my in laws, and ill tell you we give 2000baht to mama just for being close by should my wife need her, she babysits when mac my wife goes and gets pigs or feed, she is allways there should mac need here, so is that 2000baht ok with you?

i would love to see you put your arm up a pigs what not to look for piglets, i dont but my wife does and we learned how to do it online,

ill tell you not all girls here in thailand are money grabing bitches as im not daft mate i do know they are out there,

anything else you want to ask feel free ask away,,

jake

ps please tell me how much i should pay my wife, or shall i just leave it the way it is with a bank account for the farm and we can both help ourselfs out of it,,

• Like 2

Jake, how much does your wife contribute financially to your nuclear family budget and how much of her money does she give to HER family ?

I have said written MANY times already these Thai women will behave well as long as money is flowing, it is a job to them only and the alternative work is long hours for 300 baht a day.

I understand why many men succumb to these women but for me they are ultra naive , you must understand the feudal Thai culture and third world economy. To Thai women having rich farang husband is winning the lottery , a short cut out of their feudal vassal existence.

ill tell you how much she puts into our relationship,,,

as you might know i work in the oil and gas, and im usualy away 35 days then home 35days,

now while im away my wife works cleaning our pigs, collecting the duck and chicken eggs, goes and collects new piglest, gets the pig feed,

all this and being a mother and taking care of the house,

so do you want to put a price on all this work?

as for giving money to HER family as you so kindly put it, THEY ARE MY FAMILY TOO, my in laws, and ill tell you we give 2000baht to mama just for being close by should my wife need her, she babysits when mac my wife goes and gets pigs or feed, she is allways there should mac need here, so is that 2000baht ok with you?

i would love to see you put your arm up a pigs what not to look for piglets, i dont but my wife does and we learned how to do it online,

ill tell you not all girls here in thailand are money grabing bitches as im not daft mate i do know they are out there,

anything else you want to ask feel free ask away,,

May I ask where did you find your wife ?

I live in Thailand but I am single and I am not in a relationship as I am not really interested but if I was it would be strictly 50/50 with all bills.

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app