Thai PM: Election the best medicine for political conflicts

Lite Beer

Thai PM: Election the best medicine for political conflicts
By English News

13889117068660-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 5 – Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said today that a general election is the best medicine to cure Thailand’s political unrest.

Posting on her Facebook status, she called on Thai people to end the political turmoil through the democratic system, adding that it should be done in parallel with other measures including national reform and preparations for rural administration.

She said the country’s problems have become more complicated and could not be solved in one day.

Election may not be the ultimate medicine to instantly resolve all problems but it is the best medicine to end conflicts, she said.

“If we disagree with the method, we won’t have a resolution for the country. After the House dissolution, the government can’t do much to solve economic woes. Public spending which will drive the gross domestic product and domestic economy can’t be executed, affecting the private sector’s future investment,” she said.

Ms Yingluck cited a foreign airline’s cancellation of flights to Thailand and warnings in many countries to their people against visiting the kingdom.

“I beg you to be patient and allow some time to end the deadlock. an election enables people to exercise their rights under the democratic system. If you don’t want the government’s return, you have to fight through an election and change demonstrations into the power of scrutiny. A reform forum should be used to solve issues that need changes, be they transparent polling, vote-buying prevention, elimination of corruption among politicians, civil servants and the private sector,” she said.

“Laws must be amended through the government and parliamentary system in solving these issues. I’m pleased to offer full cooperation.”

Ms Yingluck said she would rather not see a repeat of violence in 2010 or an economic plunge, resulting in excessive debts, increasing crime rate, drug trafficking and unemployment, as well as relocation of foreign investments from Thailand.

“My fellow Thais, let us turn to each other for dialogue. We may think differently but it doesn’t have to be disunity. Don’t let the conflicts pass on to the new generations. Let us change differences of opinions into the power to jointly solve problems and to find a way out for the country.” (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-05

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets look at some of these statements

Posting on her Facebook status, she called on Thai people to end the political turmoil through the democratic system, adding that it should be done in parallel with other measures including national reform and preparations for rural administration.

Could this be what she means by other measures, altering the constitution ?

Pheu Thai to finalize the charter amendment in mid Jan

Published on December 29, 2012 by TFP · No Comments

The ruling Pheu Thai party has expected that the conclusion of the charter amendment will be drawn in the middle of next month.

According to Pheu Thai Party Spokesperson Prompong Nopparit, the government is waiting for a resolution from the Commission of Referendum Studies, which has been appointed by the cabinet last week.

The final resolution will be reviewed during the party seminar which will be held in the northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima on January 6-7.

Party members of parliament have been assigned to visit people and make them understand about the disadvantages of the 2007 constitution and what they will get from the charter amendment in order to ensure that the new constitution will be widely accepted.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm Ubumrung said he will not feel disheartened if his proposal to amend the charter by section is rejected by the party. He said he will always follow the party resolution regardless of the final decision.

Police Captain Chalerm also reaffirmed that no amendment will be made in Article 309 of the constitution which deals with the actions of the 2006 coup-makers who overthrew former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra as well as any sections related to the monarchy.

By RADIO THAILAND & INSIGHT INFO

Ms Yingluck cited a foreign airline’s cancellation of flights to Thailand and warnings in many countries to their people against visiting the kingdom.

Yet :

BANGKOK: -- The Civil Aviation Department has not received a single notification from any airlines about their cancellation of flights to Thailand because of the tense political standoff.

Full Story: http://www.thaivisa....t/#entry7249152

Ms Yingluck said she would rather not see a repeat of violence in 2010 or an economic plunge, resulting in excessive debts, increasing crime rate, drug trafficking and unemployment, as well as relocation of foreign investments from Thailand.

All of these things had already happened before the protests started, but she seems to have missed that.

She should be made aware that an overdose of medication can well be fatal.

• Like 1

Just watching the Thai news with my wife, a group of people dared to tyake to the streets in Chiang Mai to call for change before the election. The police were attempting, in vain, to stop the barrage of bottles, cans, stones and bricks that were being hurled at them. So, yes, democracy works well here, as long as you don't have an opposing view to your neighbour. That stupid bill that the PTP idiots rammed through the house is indicative of their attitude, which is we have the power, we don't care what you want.

Something to follow:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/probe-result-alleged-corruption-rice-scheme-expected-mid-january/

• Like 1

She really has lost the plot....... As of a few months ago, we had the puppet YIngluck running the country

with the aid of instructions from big brother. Wholesale looting of the country occured, with the rice scam

being the crown jewel. If/when she is elected in the next vote buying election, then things will be back to

EXACTLY to where they were before the protests started. The only exception will be the next time

they try to ram through a bill to get Thaksin back to Thailand, and pardon the 26000 people facing corruption

charges, they will have to be a lot more careful.....

• Like 1

They've still got almost a month to promise all sort of goodies to buy the votes. Last time it was tablets for kids, rice pledging, first car schemes .. what is it this time, cheaper lao khau, credit cards for every one, free get out of jail cards or just plain old cash rewards ? Gotta be something, right ?

"Thai PM: Election the best medicine for political conflicts"

It ain't an election when most votes are bought, that's just another guaranteed populist policy a'la Barbie girl style to guarantee your long awaited trip to Hawaii... bye bye giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Is this post is gonna be deleted too?

If you're going to taunt moderation, yes it will be deleted. If you cannot be bothered to name Yingluck properly, or cannot be bothered to name other people properly, your post will be removed. I am sure you have seen the public notices. Heed them. And read up on forum rule 21 by following this link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Her lips move but I cant hear what she says!

"04/07/2011:Thailand has elected the Red Shirt-backed opposition in a landmark election that will install the country's first female prime minister..... She says her key task is to try to unite Thailand amid continuing political tension and to boost incomes for the poor."

Yingluck said," I think the Thailand need to solve being on the problem in the past five year, especially on the economic problems.... The first thing we have to solve the problem on economic problem, especially on high living expense. So we need to fix that as fast as we can...... help them to reduce the cost,..... I can't do anything special for my brother." Her mandate, she said, would include making sure "every process is followed by the rule of law."

2 and a half years later and the PTP the treasure cant pay its bills, Yinglucks administration is being investigated for an illegal Thaksin amnesty attempt, the PTP government has been dissolved and the country is so polarised, its on the verge of civil war.

BANGKOK, Jan 5 – Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said today, "that a general election is the best medicine to cure Thailand’s political unrest"

Didn't work in 2011 why would it work now?

".....adding that it should be done in parallel with other measures including national reform and preparations for rural administration."

You had the recommendations of the "Truth and reconciliation commission" and of your own unity commission and all that you implemented was a blanket amnesty that further polarised Thai society.

"After the House dissolution, the government can’t do much to solve economic woes. Public spending which will drive the gross domestic product and domestic economy can’t be executed, affecting the private sector’s future investment,” she said."

But the good news is you cant continue your financial mismanagement

“I beg you to be patient and allow some time to end the deadlock...... could not be solved in one day."

But you have had 2 and half years of your government and as you said Yingluck, "the country’s problems have become more complicated"

• Like 2

I was going to post something really, really nasty but then I thought....

If Yingluck (who is not married) would listen to her husband like she is listening to her BB I think I would marry her !

If she'd have you...doubt that very very much lol

Just watching the Thai news with my wife, a group of people dared to tyake to the streets in Chiang Mai to call for change before the election. The police were attempting, in vain, to stop the barrage of bottles, cans, stones and bricks that were being hurled at them. So, yes, democracy works well here, as long as you don't have an opposing view to your neighbour. That stupid bill that the PTP idiots rammed through the house is indicative of their attitude, which is we have the power, we don't care what you want.

"We have the power, we don't care what you want" Very interesting, we in the U.S. are having to deal with this very same attitude with obama and his cronies sad.png