Watching American Football in Chiang Mai

abroaddesire

My wife and I just arrived in Chiang Mai yesterday for our one year stay (finally!). We're HUGE American football fans and would love to find a place where we might watch the playoffs. Is there any sports bar or the like where they would have the games on this weekend?

Try the Down Under bar near the Iron bridge end of Loh Kroh road. Stu is the owner. Or the UN Irish pub. Lots of places show sport around town but these two are a good bet.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Time might be a problem. I believe the Sunday games are being televised Monday morning, 1st game 1 am, second game 4:40 am. Ditto Saturday games. Unless these sports bars are open 24 hrs.

They will be showing..

Yes, the taped version. I assumed the OP was talking live, but perhaps not.

Time might be a problem. I believe the Sunday games are being televised Monday morning, 1st game 1 am, second game 4:40 am. Ditto Saturday games. Unless these sports bars are open 24 hrs.

They will be showing..

LIVE...whistling.gif thumbsup.gif

I've seen quite a few NFL games at Paradise Sports Bar.

It's a new extension to their pizza restaurant.

Coming from the moat, it's before the 7/11, opposite the UN Irish Pub.

The TVs are the biggest I've seen in town and they have a lot of them.

Not sure about their hours. I doubt they are open 24 hours a day.

There were a bunch of guys watching some EPL games there last weekend. I gave them a hard time about watching Soccer while I was trying to watch "real Football".

It's worth mentioning that the seating is actually comfortable. Even the bar stools are padded like a sofa.

At this age, with my back, I don't want to sit on a wood stool for 2 hours.

They will be showing..

LIVE...whistling.gif thumbsup.gif

100% sure they will be live for all games?

Thanks for all the tips. To watch the games live the bar would need to be open at four, which I doubt they would. Honestly I'd just be happy watching the game period. I'm just hoping some idiot doesn't come into the bar and declare the winners and ruin the surprise for everyone. There's nothing worse than watching a football game when you already know the outcome.

well, as mentioned countless times on various threads, it is very easy to stream LIVE content to your computer, boost over to your TV and watch in the comfort of your home.

I have been getting up in the middle of the night in order to watch the games live, from my bed, with a good strong cup of coffee and enjoy this much more

than sitting in a bar (I don't drink) and watching tape delays... or even watching tape delays in a friends home with TrueVision.

anyways.. just my preferences... but it really is easy to watch on the internet.

• Like 2

Should be live as playoff games are 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Not sure of the time difference, but it sounds about right. One "early" game on Saturday, one "late" game Saturday and the same on Sunday until we reach the Division playoffs and the divisional championships and then the Super Bowl.

Edited by PHP87

U.N. Irish Pub facebook info >>>

NFL Football

Sun 7:00pm New Orleans @ Seattle

Sun 10:00pm Indianapolis @ New England

Mon 7:00pm San Francisco @ Carolina

Mon 10:00pm San Diego @ Denver

If those are the times they are not live.

• Like 1

430am and 8 am on Sunday, 1 am and 430 am on monday. Seattle is first, then colts at New England. 12 hour time diff between New England and Chiangmai this time of year.

easy and free..listen live streaming www.espn980.com worked for redskins games earlier, they should be broadcasting the playoffs.....Bowl season was superb this year.

Edited by Thighlander

Just so the OP doesn't worry many places in town show the Superbowl live and have a buffets, projections screens etc. for a entrance free. If your a Pats fan you can come over Sunday morning and watch with us!

I brought my Gronkowski jersey all the way from the states with me!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

PATS!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA..Thunder Chickens vs Bean Spread.

hmm, interesting nicknames (I guess ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HCxvlbix7X ) . Perhaps over my head but guessing since Hawks are a bird and Boston is famous for Baked Beans?? Also cause the Pats always beat the point spread smile.png

I gave them a hard time about watching Soccer while I was trying to watch "real Football".

That would have been funny to watch, considering your version is more like rugby for girls.

wink.png

Not according to former Australian Rules Footballer Darren Bennett, who went on to play in the NFL during the 1990's.

The facts are that NFL players are bigger, faster, stronger and better athletes (Which is why they are paid far more than Rugby players) and the inherent nature of the NFL has far more violent hitting and collisions.

Edited by PHP87