200,000 Baht break-in at Oil Workers South Pattaya Luxury Home

webfact

Always amazes me how relatively few burglar alarms there are in Thailand, hence house burglaries are epidemic in foreigner residential areas. Foreigners have alarms in their own country so why not here in Thailand where they are probably much cheaper.

I work O&G and my place has alarm, and a decent system is not cheaper, on par with, or maybe a bit more expensive than what one would pay overseas in your own country

rotary is the only poster that "gets it". This guy is far, far removed from being a typical 'Oil Worker'

200K might be a fortune to y'all but it's chump change to a person with his position, responsibilities and salary

Donk nailed it: Jealousy seems to permeate this board!

I dont suppose the jealous ones have looked at all the photo's either looks like he/she has a "Merc" in the drive way, that will give themthing some to crow about...whistling.gif

but your right 200k net - week or less of salary for the guy or there abouts me thinks

200K a week! Bummer I am now officially under paid (and over worked).

That said, a friend of mine is day-rating at $2,200 a day, but only 6 days a week!

200K a week! Bummer I am now officially under paid (and over worked).

That said, a friend of mine is day-rating at $2,200 a day, but only 6 days a week!

Think we all have that opinion of our jobs..LOL...biggrin.png

$ 2000k/day+ jobs are about, but the other thing you have to consider how long those jobs go on, and when they are looking to get rid of someone due to budget, these are the ones they go for..

so you can go for the short term/high rate or the long term/slightly lower rate...think its 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other.....it balances out in the end...

Couldn't afford a wardrobe?

"He, along with his Wife, Khun Orawan aged 29, had just returned to Pattaya for a short holiday"

What's the point of fitting out your home with furniture if you spend most of your time overseas?

who works for a well-known International Oil Company.

That didn't realize its liberal housing allowance was being exploited to finance a pied-à-terre in Pattaya and thus is not being named to order to avoid the instigation of a review of compensation policy??

Any reason, apart from envy, that you would suggest something as unjustified as this remark?

• Like 1

Usually with break in's, the victim is blamed, but this is the worse I have seen. Even his girl or LB friend has comments made. Thats his business what his flavor is, but being jealous of his 200k, is really being stupid. No one knows how or why he has that money at home, and its only his business! Even the clothes rack was degraded, and his Luxury condo was laughed at. Remember that the victim didnt write the article, he had no control if it was claimed to be luxury or a dump!

Usually with break in's, the victim is blamed, but this is the worse I have seen. Even his girl or LB friend has comments made. Thats his business what his flavor is, but being jealous of his 200k, is really being stupid. No one knows how or why he has that money at home, and its only his business! Even the clothes rack was degraded, and his Luxury condo was laughed at. Remember that the victim didnt write the article, he had no control if it was claimed to be luxury or a dump!

have you even read the article ?....he didnt have 200k at home, this was the value of the goods stolen and it appears he lives in a house not a condo...whistling.gif

Couldn't afford a wardrobe?

If you live in a house in pattaya check the back walll and ground of your wardrobe and there's a high chance you will find MOLD, especially in Sept/Oct during rainy season. Hang the clothes outside as in the pic, prob solved! thumbsup.gif

It's January mate....they can go back in now

rotary is the only poster that "gets it". This guy is far, far removed from being a typical 'Oil Worker'

200K might be a fortune to y'all but it's chump change to a person with his position, responsibilities and salary

If it's only 'chump change', why did they bother to report it then?......anyone, rich or poor can do a lot with 200,000 baht!

By the way, they nicked the luxury wardrobe, and was kind enough to hang their clothes up for them....can't be nice clobber, or they would have had that too

Whilst I feel sympathy for the people who've been robbed. The photos of these things always make me smile. My favourite here is the one with the lady in the background like a sort of ghost type effect.

There was one a few years ago where the Police used a giant teddy bear to show how a person had been attacked or assaulted. Totally inappropriate but funny all the same. I can't seem to find it now. :-(

His 29-year-old wife...who is most definitely NOT with him for the money. cheesy.gif

So all younger Thai women just marry for money ,typical loser quote from a guy who cant pull a decent looking woman without paying for itsad.png

"a raw nerve", And for bm,s that dont know 'i claudius", he is 69 and his thai wife is 43 ish . Chill out sir

Nightmare.

I have been a victim of theft on numerous occasions in the past (in the UK) and its not a nice feeling.

Haven't been burgled yet though ...

Hope that they get their things back, but doubt it somehow.

After reading all those comments about the room, the woman I am left with a question ? How did the thief's enter the room ? Break a door or window ? Use a false key or......................

More than likely.

His 29-year-old wife...who is most definitely NOT with him for the money. cheesy.gif

So all younger Thai women just marry for money ,typical loser quote from a guy who cant pull a decent looking woman without paying for itsad.png

"a raw nerve", And for bm,s that dont know 'i claudius", he is 69 and his thai wife is 43 ish . Chill out sir

How dare you sir ,i am 68(going on 16) and the wife is 44. please get it right ,also you forgot to mention that we have a 20 year old son in university ,and are happier every year that we are together and believe me we were very happy when we got marriedwub.png

• Like 1

It isn't money. Read again. It's items worth that amount of money.

I may be jealous of a Premier League footballers lifestyle and salary.

But really why would someone be jealous of a man who has to spend half his life offshore or in some dreadful part of the world?