tonysamui

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pcx is getting uglier!

ahh don't say that ,i use to think the same but they seem to have grown on me over the years,I'm pretty close to buying one now,yes its definitely not my ideal bike,but it is ideal for my current situation..

i have to stop calling it a bike though ,it will be called my scoot.

pcx is getting uglier!

ahh don't say that ,i use to think the same but they seem to have grown on me over the years,I'm pretty close to buying one now,yes its definitely not my ideal bike,but it is ideal for my current situation..

tanin, just dont do it to yourself mate!

Bought mine in Nov. Quite happy with it. Just came back from 2500 km service. All OK.

Lane splitter par excellence. Fuel mileage 2.05 L per 100 km on average here in CNX. This with frequent trips to San Kamphaeng via Ring Road so not all stop-and-go city driving.

Bought mine in Nov. Quite happy with it. Just came back from 2500 km service. All OK.

Lane splitter par excellence. Fuel mileage 2.05 L per 100 km on average here in CNX. This with frequent trips to San Kamphaeng via Ring Road so not all stop-and-go city driving.

That's a impressive fuel economy, I get about 36 km/l but 90% city riding in Pattaya and I do use the idle system.

Best scooter I ever owned, smooth and comfortable and I don't care much about how it looks but I think it looks ok what others think I don't care about either, it's about the best run about for Pattaya money can buy and that's what counts.

I refuse to spend any money on "bling" on it, changed rear shock absobers to YSS and added a net for the seat and that it.

I seen some in Pattaya that must have spent 100k baht on bling, he-he.

^

Yep nice replies ,it's only gonna be a run around for me and like others said I think it's the best you can get for the money,I will not be modding it or spending any money on it at all and prabably never sell it.

Actually been trying to buy a 2nd hand one for the last 2 weeks made a couple of offers to one guy ,but cause he spent 95 k on it he seems to think its worth more than a brand new one his choice I suppose.

Headlights look different

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's lost the lower two whatever they were but there are some subtle regional differences as the US one has turn signals on stalks.

I honestly do like my PCX as a practical vehicle but the styling has never grabbed me. So it's getting up to 20k on the clock and time to trade up! As the Forza has an engine that sounds like a one cylinder MASSEY FERGUSON I thought I would see what the Yamaha Smax is like.....but I can't wait that long! So my interest has been with the Suzuki Burgmann 200. Not interested in SYM or Vespa. What else is there?

I honestly do like my PCX as a practical vehicle but the styling has never grabbed me. So it's getting up to 20k on the clock and time to trade up! As the Forza has an engine that sounds like a one cylinder MASSEY FERGUSON I thought I would see what the Yamaha Smax is like.....but I can't wait that long! So my interest has been with the Suzuki Burgmann 200. Not interested in SYM or Vespa. What else is there?

What about this Honda SH 150(from Italy?)....is that any good?...99K Baht

Interesting that the capacity has dropped to 149 cc from 153. . There must be a tax, licensing reason in some country?

Also 4 valve up from 2. So should have a little more bottom end?

Edited by VocalNeal

The one in the video looks like a Chinese scooter! The new SH150 is available here but it looks like an old man's scooter....hell, I am only 61!

The new SH150 is available here but it looks like an old man's scooter....hell, I am only 61!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Remove the granddad windshield and you would be good to go. It is realy more like a large Scoopy in fact in some markets it is called a Scoopy 150. SH300/150 has been the largest selling scooter in Italy for years. Style wise they should know something?

I look beyond the surface. Better/tougher built so handling better, 16" wheels so tire choice is better, rear disc, bit more power than "old" PCX 150, flat floor for carrying beer!

I note with interest yesterday that the SH has a separate reserve tank in addition to the regular tank. Downside? One may have to remember to top it up if used.

Edited by VocalNeal

The one in the video looks like a Chinese scooter! The new SH150 is available here but it looks like an old man's scooter....hell, I am only 61!

Looks like a scooter for a "normal" size person...that's why I asked smile.png

I'm not sure about the video,but it looks like it....if need to go around the traffic,it seems a good option...only expensive.

The new SH150 is available here but it looks like an old man's scooter....hell, I am only 61!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Remove the granddad windshield and you would be good to go. It is realy more like a large Scoopy in fact in some markets it is called a Scoopy 150. SH300/150 has been the largest selling scooter in Italy for years. Style wise they should know something?

I look beyond the surface. Better/tougher built so handling better, 16" wheels so tire choice is better, rear disc, bit more power than "old" PCX 150, flat floor for carrying beer!

I note with interest yesterday that the SH has a separate reserve tank in addition to the regular tank. Downside? One may have to remember to top it up if used.

i know someone that has just bought the sh 150 i have yet to see it though ,he also thinks the pcx 150 is an old mans scooter ,if thats the case the sh150 is an old womens scooter,to me it just looks like a really modern honda wave.

i also thought they come with rear disk brake but the one in the video seems to have a drum brake.

Edited by taninthai

Interesting that the capacity has dropped to 149 cc from 153. . There must be a tax, licensing reason in some country?

yep, strange as to drive it on the highways of USA, you need more than 150 cc and that is why old pcx was 153 cc before.

more valves are big plus and meas also a better top end. does it have a double cam now also?

Edited by ll2

yep, strange as to drive it on the highways of USA, you need more than 150 cc and that is why old pcx was 153 cc before.

more valves are big plus and meas also a better top end. does it have a double cam now also?

Not sure, I find it hard to find any detailed engine info (for all models).

So this is the 3rd time Honda change the engine on the PCX! Odd man, car engines typically have a app 10 year life (with small upgrades during the period) before a new comes out. Nothing wrong with the old 125cc engine and current 150cc engine as far as I know. It is not cheap to develop a new engine even a small 149cc cost a lot of money to develop/testing and so on.

One must assume that this new engine is even more economical than the current engine and most likely more power as VocalNeal mention 4 valves in the cyl.head.

I think pcx 125 was on the market for app.2 years and the same with current 150cc model. A bit frustrating for us PCX owners as 2nd hand value will be dropping as everybody wants latest model but okay we are not talking about 100k looses like some big bike owners have seen so I will survive.

That's a impressive fuel economy, I get about 36 km/l but 90% city riding in Pattaya and I do use the idle system.

Best scooter I ever owned, smooth and comfortable and I don't care much about how it looks but I think it looks ok what others think I don't care about either, it's about the best run about for Pattaya money can buy and that's what counts.

I refuse to spend any money on "bling" on it, changed rear shock absobers to YSS and added a net for the seat and that it.

Hi guzzi850m2.

Didn't want to hijack this thread and have therefore sent you a PM regarding YSS shock absorbers.

Hope you can help?

Regards

Jaochoo

YSS well worth it - got the Fat Ass version, 90 - 110 kg.

Can't find the seat net here - will be in Pattaya for bike week.

Where did you pick up yours ??

Thanks

YSS well worth it - got the Fat Ass version, 90 - 110 kg.

Can't find the seat net here - will be in Pattaya for bike week.

Where did you pick up yours ??

Thanks

Sorry to ask, but what is the use of a "seat net" ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app